Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Not Wanting Third GGG Fight Is Only Obstacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Showtime had the right to promote it or not..they chose who to promote for him to fight. Whether through haymon or not the guarantee for Floyd's fights came from Espinoza. That is well documented here. So you say the contract is through Haymon exclusively so then explain to us why Espinoza is on record saying "We guaranteed Floyd." Since you taught business when does a third party involved in promoting, marketing, handling, distribution at scale domestically and internationally, or as an "affiliate" hold the right to disclose any financial payout, financial distribution of numbers/stats if they are not a principal or within the said contract.

You say you taught business and there is no business contract which if you taught business you would know there actually is. It's the default contract between a buyer and a vendor (for the record it is called a "Business sales agreement contract" and is the generic contract used by small business who can't afford calling in lawyers for everything). I am also sitting in front of four PIIA agreements with multi-level NC/NDA clauses and this is at small scale so to say that Espinoza would've been able to publicly divulge anything and I mean ANYTHING at all without being a principal in Floyd's direct contract is hilarious because we both know he wouldn't have.
    Friend, you need to read more carefully, I did not say there is not there is no business contract, I said there is no such thing as a STANDARD business contract. Without getting to far into the weeds, each contract stands on its own merits based on the language of the contract. These vary considerably. The contract for services for actors, teachers, lawyers, real estate people and so on differ from each other as do contracts for nuclear reactors, fighter jets and so on. The "business sales agreement" is the flip side of a purchase order. Though they are replete with boilerplate language they necessary differ because the same "agreement contract" can't be used to purchase air conditioning maintenance services and insulin for diabetics. Similarly the standard agreement you might use when selling your house will not be of much use if you want to contract for termite control services and so on. The product and concomitant laws and conditions differ.

Showtime had the right to refuse to broadcast as DAZN might. Canelo and Golden Boy can choose to fight Andrade and DAZN can choose to not to broadcast that fight IF the respective contracts between DAZN and Canelo and DAZN and Andrade allow that. I suspect not. Legally that might be a problem, but more importantly if would be a disaster for DAZN in terms of signing new fighters. Who would sign with DAZN if they refused to broadcast a championship fight between 2 DAZN fighters. Again, my main point is that DAZN cannot dictate that Canelo fight GGG in September. The parties will consult with each other and perhaps reach some accommodation. Who knows?

To your next point, I don't what contractual relation Floyd had with Showtime if any. I do know that relationship with Haymon was the main driver. It is Haymon who contracts with the broadcasters, just as Arum and De La Hoya do. But it is not uncommon for a third party, in this case Showtime, or HBO to "guarantee" an outcome. I really don't know what Espinosa meant by "guarantee".

Finally, in your original post, you asked if I was taking a break from dishwashing. As a young man of 18 right out of high school I enlisted and soon found myself pulling KP in basic training --lots of dishwashing. Hated it then, but it brings back sweet memories. Thanks for that. Also, want to wish you well in your business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Whoo-ah!!!! That some crazy sht! U guys are protesting and getting arrested like crazy!!!

WTF they even shutdown shut down social media on you guys???
      Yep, these f**kers shutdown everyday when the real opposition starts to stream on instagram or youtube, have to enable vpn. These elections that we had, our f**cking fake ass **** with ****ing clowns and it's just a waste of money for a spectacle for the west, but not this time, this time OSCE and other international commissions (not CIS/Russia, cause these ****ers are paid too) can see what really happening in Kazakhstan. And this ***** GGG, doesn't care about his people the way Canelo does, Canelo is more kazakh/mexican than this ***** GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        I believe he already beat ggg and he would beat him again but that’s not the point. In regards to the payday, they both have guaranteed money with DAZN... so I doubt that fighting each other would make a huge difference. The reason I say he should not fight ggg is because ggg lost his titles already, why does he deserve a direct shot at them again? He needs to work his way back. He is #1 with The WBO why not get that strap then canelo won’t have any excuse right? Ggg isn’t anyone to deserve a direct shot again.
        Why not go after the other belt. Because that delays the rematch. Golovkin is 37 I believe. If it's put off another year he will be 38. It's too old to fight an opponent in his prime and be able to perform at a peak level. I have no problem with him fighting Andrade or Charlo but time is not on his side.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
          Ggg chased and missed. That's not what real boxing fans call effective aggressiveness.
          real boxing fans? No, that is logic used by Canelo groupies. ggg landed more punches round by round and overall in the fight for both fights. Next excuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Right:

"DAZN tried to make the fight between GGG and I as soon as he signed [with DAZN]. Tom Loeffler and GGG said - 'Absolutely not! We aren’t fighting Andrade in our first DAZN fight.' Oscar De La Hoya and Canelo know that, which is why they are telling GGG to get a belt," Andrade stated.
            Andrade is an idiot if he believes what Oscar tells him. We are supposed to believe that DAZN blabbed to Oscar the private conversations between DAZN and Golovkin's team. Get the Fk out of here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              real boxing fans? No, that is logic used by Canelo groupies. ggg landed more punches round by round and overall in the fight for both fights. Next excuse?
              They count the slips. Regardless canelo landed more power shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                He already has put his stamp on the division, he got in the ring with GGG twice, and emerged with all his belts, he then moved up won another belt, then moved down, and won ANOTHER belt.

GGG could learn something from this approach.

He does not want to work for it, he wants it all in one night, he is fraud, and so are the fans claiming that this somehow is stand up behavior.
                Dude get real. Time isn't on his side. He's not 28 like Canelo he only has a few good fights left.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
                  They count the slips. Regardless canelo landed more power shots.
                  Yeah and Golovkin landed more punches the head.

Comment

• That's kinda like a big obstacle lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Dude get real. Time isn't on his side. He's not 28 like Canelo he only has a few good fights left.
                      Of its a pittance fight then he can wait to fight on canelos time

Comment

Working...
                      X