Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Not Wanting Third GGG Fight Is Only Obstacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    What's amazing is how did a 160 guy become so dependent on a career 154 guy? This 160 guy should have been campaigning in the higher divisions by now. Instead, this effing team of his has been stalking and harassing the 154 guy.

"I want his popularity transferred to mine."
    "I want money, money, money, money, money."
    "I can't do it on my own."
    Who is the 154 lbs career guy? Not ginger. He had his own weight division, 155lbs which technically make him a MW. Also he used to bring fighters from 140-147 division to fight him. I remember his first "belt" was at a catch weight against an non-ranked fighter, hatton, and still he came over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
      What stopped him doing that before? It's not that simple, the more offensive he is, the more open his already porous defence is.

Canelo isn't Steve Rolls. He will bust up GGG's face.

Not saying he can't win but it's not easy to knock out Canelo.
      I'm not a rabid fan of either guy but you are correct. In addition, several pom-pom waving posters here seem to forget that even the Golovkin friendly commentators thought he was headed for a stoppage loss during the middle rounds of the rematch when Alvarez was busting up his midsection. Those who don't want to believe it can re-watch it with eyes and ears open. The bottom line is Golovkin needs Alvarez, not the other way around. The more he and his team whine while ignoring Andrade, Charlo, Saunders, etc., the more desperate they will appear. It is plain arrogance to think that beating a hopelessly overmatched unknown moves you ahead of everyone else, including the other belt holders. If you want to cry about judges then Golovkin should have to face Jacobs again with the winner to get the shot. Fair is fair, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        According to you Canelo will destroy Golovkin so why are you afraid of a rematch. Your boy gets another huge payday and puts his stamp on the Middleweight division. You should be all for it.
        He already has put his stamp on the division, he got in the ring with GGG twice, and emerged with all his belts, he then moved up won another belt, then moved down, and won ANOTHER belt.

GGG could learn something from this approach.

He does not want to work for it, he wants it all in one night, he is fraud, and so are the fans claiming that this somehow is stand up behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
          Will if you bother to look at the ggg jacobs fight you will see jacobs giving ggg a clinical beating like it was a sparring
          match. Also canelo has a resume filled to the brim with champions.

Ggg not so much. He fought canelo and suffered a clinic. He fought jacobs and same. The verdict had been out,ggg is a one dimensional punching bag. His punchera chance just didn't pan out over 24 rounds so what are another 12 going to do? He needs to rebuild and build his resume but he is a greedy bih looking for a payout even if it costs him a beating.
          Hey ... you watch boxing with your eyes closed and the commentary turned off? What a great idea!

I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            "So, I’m not sure how Canelo’s deal is structure, but clearly there’s gotta be an incentive on DAZN’s side for him to fight Triple-G – just like there is for Gennadiy to fight Canelo." Loeffler

DAZN also has Andrade signed, and he has a belt! DAZN also asked for Andrade vs. GGG, and Loeffler declined! So as far as I'm concerned, DAZN owes Andrade the shot more than GGG!
            Right:

"DAZN tried to make the fight between GGG and I as soon as he signed [with DAZN]. Tom Loeffler and GGG said - 'Absolutely not! We aren’t fighting Andrade in our first DAZN fight.' Oscar De La Hoya and Canelo know that, which is why they are telling GGG to get a belt," Andrade stated.

Comment

They all work for and do whatever DAZN tell em to, not a businessman in the world is going to hand out $100 and $300 million dollar contracts and allow you to do whatever you want to do..anyone who believes they would needs to waked up and smell the real world around em. This is all bantering to get folks excited about the fight, there is no way they sign these two guys and they don't fight each other.

Comment

So GGG fights a 36 year old bum literally no one has ever heard of...takes 9 months off...and thinks he can just get another Canelo fights when there are 20 fighters begging Canelo for a fight?

FUK GGG.

Oscar is right. This is boring unless something different happens to make it more interesting like you know, an Andrade scalp for complete unification bringing a belt with him.

Honestly without that I'm not that interested in the 3rd fight either. Canelo is only going to win by an even bigger margin next time anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
                  Will if you bother to look at the ggg jacobs fight you will see jacobs giving ggg a clinical beating like it was a sparring
                  match. Also canelo has a resume filled to the brim with champions.

Ggg not so much. He fought canelo and suffered a clinic. He fought jacobs and same. The verdict had been out,ggg is a one dimensional punching bag. His punchera chance just didn't pan out over 24 rounds so what are another 12 going to do? He needs to rebuild and build his resume but he is a greedy bih looking for a payout even if it costs him a beating.
                  Clinical beating..fk fight were you watching son? I mean I get not liking Golovkin, even as a fan of his some of the criticism is justified but this..clinical beating?.....neither fighter put on a clinic against him, at best Canelo had a good three rounds to start off the second fight but clinical...c'mon bruh. Seriously...C'MON.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    So GGG fights a 36 year old bum literally no one has ever heard of...takes 9 months off...and thinks he can just get another Canelo fights when there are 20 fighters begging Canelo for a fight?

FUK GGG.

Oscar is right. This is boring unless something different happens to make it more interesting like you know, an Andrade scalp for complete unification bringing a belt with him.

Honestly without that I'm not that interested in the 3rd fight either. Canelo is only going to win by an even bigger margin next time anyway.
                    Considering both fights were razor thin judgement outcomes...anything is going to be wider than they have been...also it helps not have two of the three names involved in this fiasco under your favorite fighters list..the bias is a little too evident here.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Neither GGG nor Canelo have ever fought Andrade, and both have one decision win over Jacobs. Neither have fought Charlo, but Charlo is Canelo's mandatory challenger.

Please explain why GGG needs to fight Andrade, but Canelo doesn't?

Please explain why GGG is obligated to give Jacobs a rematch, but Canelo isn't?

Please explain why GGG should have to fight Charlo, who is Canelo's mando, instead of Canelo?

Please explain why GGG deserves a fight with Canelo over anyone else after taking an L?

Because he fought a 36 year old bum 90% of Boxingscene BOXING FANS have never heard of?

Because it was a "ferocious" knockout?

Because he took 9 months off?

Because after a loss he doesn't have to crawl back to the front like everyone else...because he's special?

Because "guys dis boxing, big drama show"

?

Comment

Working...
                      X