Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Not Wanting Third GGG Fight Is Only Obstacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Don't start with the "on the record" thing because you've devolved into a Robbie Barrett and are over-the-top biased about the whole thing and have lost credibility. if you want people to take you seriously, don't get in 20-page bickering matches with the hardcores.

I've praised and criticized both guys (in fairness I praised Canelo a hell of a lot more than Golovkin) and I actually don't care about this fight, I barely cared about the first two. It's just really suspect that people want him far away from Canelo.
    It’s not suspect. It’s because we want to see Canelo vs Smith/Charlo/Andrade instead.

But I’m kind of liking the GGG 3 fight??? I’m gonna put $$$$ on Canelo. I think he hurts GGG this time. Especially after only 1 fight with Banks training against a nobody for 4 rounds.... Come on man! That old changing complete styles??? 1 fight with them???

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
      This "outworked" argument is all GGG fanatics have to fall back on. It is a very ignorant argument because throwing the most punches is not what wins fights. If that is the case then Jirov beat Toney and we all know that was not the case. But these GGG fanatics would argue Jirov beat Toney just because Jirov threw more punches. But takeaway GGG's jab ,which accounted for the large majority of his thrown punches, he did not land ****. Even his jab was not accurate as he only landed 1% higher than Canelo's jabs even though he threw many more.
      He landed more. Which is the most important point of the sport..

Comment

• I don't see the point of a trilogy if Canelo always gets the decision.

Makes you wonder if the first draw was set up from the start.

GGG won't get a KO, so apart from the $$$ its pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          He landed more. Which is the most important point of the sport..
          There are 4 scoring criteria in a fight.

Ring Generalship
          Defense
          Clean Punching
          Effective Aggression

Nowhere is "most landed" listed. You sound like you just discovered boxing yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Jacobs then Nelo twice which is Triple L.

LLL is overrated.
            Mayweather, Lara, Trout, GGG twice beat red azz PEDnelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              now you're trying to spin again and say that what you said was That ggg did not back Canelo up. But what you initially said was ggg got backed up. Here's your exact quote "Golovkin got backed up, and then beaten up" stop changing your tune after being proven wrong. At least pretend to stick by your mistakes.

lil'G DID get backed up you fkn muppet, he could not hold his ground

Golovkin could not hold his ground..... you can call that whatever you like

" circling "

pleaded with Canelo to stand and fight like a Mexican..... but when Canelo did just that, Golovkin was on his bike..... "circling"

nooooo !!..... you can't do that !!

..... y'all said Canelo ran, but you ran !!

~~ Roy Jones

Comment

You're the idiot. Golovkin fought Canelo the way a pressure fighter is supposed to be countered. Back up when necessary but don't give up the center of the ring. Move to the side. USE YOUR JAB. His jab was effective in controlling Canelo's aggression. Jabs are scoring punches whether you like it or not. Golovkin outlanded him 2 to 1 in jabs. Outlanded him to the head by a wide margin. Did not get pushed to the ropes or abandon the center of the ring. I fact I'm pretty sure the only fighter that had his back to the ropes in that fight was Canelo. Golovkin's jabs were not pitty pat as you describe. There were plenty of hard jabs that snapped Canelo's head back. Jabs are punches and count whether it fits your agenda or not. As Teddy Atlas said in an interview since when don't jabs count.
                Canelo's power punches other than causing some facial swelling that's not unusual in older fighters didn't stagger Golovkin stun him or knock him down despite Canelo's promises of a KO. Canelo's so called power punches were being pushed when he got tired. A lot of then were cuffing shots. Give it up. Canelo lost. Got another gift from the judges.

but, it wasn't..... which is why Golovkin looked like the elephant man, and why he lost the fight

Comment

Tom that's one hell of an obstacle. Why wasn't there a rematch clause in Golovkin's contract for crying out loud.

because triple-beg is the B-side..... duh

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                    There are 4 scoring criteria in a fight.

Ring Generalship
                    Defense
                    Clean Punching
                    Effective Aggression

Nowhere is "most landed" listed. You sound like you just discovered boxing yesterday.

been telling him that for months

Comment

• OK idiots. Hers how it works. Those so called criteria are guidelines given to judges when the rounds are so close you can't decide who won. Punches landed is the main thing judges look for. Effective agression, ring generalship, clean hard punches, mean nothing if you get outlanded. This is one if the stupidest things I've ever seen on the forum. Why the hell do you think a fighter is awarded a 10-8 round when he knocks the other guy down. Because boxing is a COMBAT sport. In a COMBAT sport contact matters.

Comment

Working...
                      X