Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Not Wanting Third GGG Fight Is Only Obstacle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Yeah and Golovkin landed more punches the head.
    Slips... The comoubox shows the story of a man swinging wildly and landed few clean shots while the other landed crisply and cleanly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verus View Post
      Friend, you need to read more carefully, I did not say there is not there is no business contract, I said there is no such thing as a STANDARD business contract. Without getting to far into the weeds, each contract stands on its own merits based on the language of the contract. These vary considerably. The contract for services for actors, teachers, lawyers, real estate people and so on differ from each other as do contracts for nuclear reactors, fighter jets and so on. The "business sales agreement" is the flip side of a purchase order. Though they are replete with boilerplate language they necessary differ because the same "agreement contract" can't be used to purchase air conditioning maintenance services and insulin for diabetics. Similarly the standard agreement you might use when selling your house will not be of much use if you want to contract for termite control services and so on. The product and concomitant laws and conditions differ.

Showtime had the right to refuse to broadcast as DAZN might. Canelo and Golden Boy can choose to fight Andrade and DAZN can choose to not to broadcast that fight IF the respective contracts between DAZN and Canelo and DAZN and Andrade allow that. I suspect not. Legally that might be a problem, but more importantly if would be a disaster for DAZN in terms of signing new fighters. Who would sign with DAZN if they refused to broadcast a championship fight between 2 DAZN fighters. Again, my main point is that DAZN cannot dictate that Canelo fight GGG in September. The parties will consult with each other and perhaps reach some accommodation. Who knows?

To your next point, I don't what contractual relation Floyd had with Showtime if any. I do know that relationship with Haymon was the main driver. It is Haymon who contracts with the broadcasters, just as Arum and De La Hoya do. But it is not uncommon for a third party, in this case Showtime, or HBO to "guarantee" an outcome. I really don't know what Espinosa meant by "guarantee".

Finally, in your original post, you asked if I was taking a break from dishwashing. As a young man of 18 right out of high school I enlisted and soon found myself pulling KP in basic training --lots of dishwashing. Hated it then, but it brings back sweet memories. Thanks for that. Also, want to wish you well in your business.
      Fair enough but the outlier being here that Espinoza as someone who was not the principle which is what we were establishing then would've been putting himself in legal jeopardy disclosing what he did publicly. You can tell the differences within what context he discusses Wilders pay in a non-committal manner versus with Floyd where it was actually laying out details. This is where the confusion between us stands. If this wasn't a three-way deal as in both Showtime and Haymon splitting the principal roles being that Floyd has stated he wasn't signed to Haymon but had an advisory handshake agreement, I don't know if Haymon was actually able to do what for Floyd and in what context nor do I think we can technically deduce that since Ellerbe took all the brunt of punishment when things went wrong with the events. Either way, these are the point of contention between us and fair enough obviously a discussion we can go on and on about indefinitely. In regards to the standard that's another one we can debate til the cows come home because insulin buyers aren't exactly in the same lane as a mom and pop which was my point lol. Either way I think we are both clear in understanding contractual obligations above what the norm is around here, so kudos to you on that.

With regard to my assumption you were initially talking out your azz, I am man enough to apologize for my fast assumptions. The cheerleader you picked up..eh not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
        Pretty much everyone is giving you a lashing.. You know someone hasn't grown when they fail to accept reality..

Ggg lost. His resume is weaker than canelos. Ggg fights bums. Facts.

No amount of verbal salad will cover up these facts.
        EVERYONE....another word you need to look up son. Everyone..lol. Now you are EVERYONE? lol. Ok. Go sit in your corner with your dunce cap and resume my suggested earlier task imposed on you...

Comment

Of its a pittance fight then he can wait to fight on canelos time
          Well it's up to Canelo at this point. Not having a rematch clause in Golovkin's contract for either fight was just plain stupid. So in that regard this snag was his fault.

Comment

Slips... The comoubox shows the story of a man swinging wildly and landed few clean shots while the other landed crisply and cleanly.
            The compubox stats shows Golovkin landed more punches to Canelo's head. He out jabbed Canelo 2 to 1. A lot of those jabs snapped Canelo's head back. He also landed power shots that we're hard and clean to Canelo's head.

Comment

Andrade is an idiot if he believes what Oscar tells him. We are supposed to believe that DAZN blabbed to Oscar the private conversations between DAZN and Golovkin's team. Get the Fk out of here.
              Andrade is with Hearn, right?

Comment

The compubox stats shows Golovkin landed more punches to Canelo's head. He out jabbed Canelo 2 to 1. A lot of those jabs snapped Canelo's head back. He also landed power shots that we're hard and clean to Canelo's head.
                I feel like I should mention comoubox is notorious for being inaccurate. They literally have someone with a pen scratching on a piece of paper when they beleive a punch connected. When you watch slow motion however you can see canelo slips the vast majority of ggg offense. Ggg,not so lucky.

Comment

Yeah and Golovkin landed more punches the head.
                  Yet GGG was the one who had to go to the ER after the fight while Canelo looked like he wasn’t even in a fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    EVERYONE....another word you need to look up son. Everyone..lol. Now you are EVERYONE? lol. Ok. Go sit in your corner with your dunce cap and resume my suggested earlier task imposed on you...

So was or suggested or imposed? For such a "learned" person you just showed your lack of understanding. It's not about have the biggest word salad is about comprehension...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater
                      They count the slips. Regardless canelo landed more power shots.
                      If you throw almost double more punches I would hope you do land more punches??? I mean sht that ain’t hard to figure out??? But to only land like 3-4 more per rounds of that weak ass back foot jab is pathetic! Those fools didn’t even notice GGG with the two black eyes wearing Fkn black glasses as big as his head.

Ppl who think they won don’t Broner out the ring CRYING!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X