No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    I hate this for Deontay, that 5 million had to be looking really good to him. Hope the fight still goes on and they give him a piece of povetkin's purse because checks like this don't come along often. Also the drug taken was only recently banned by WADA and not necessarily any boxing commission, and its not a steroid just helps with stamina, not a danger enhancing drug if you will.
    It could be in a war. Povetkin has stamina late and Wilder fades and gets ko'd violently. There is no way that the WBC should sanction the fight, but this is the WBC and they have ignored positive tests in the past ie Roid Jones vs Richard Hall. But that was swept under the rug until Hall opened his mouth years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by low blows View Post
      It could be in a war. Povetkin has stamina late and Wilder fades and gets ko'd violently. There is no way that the WBC should sanction the fight, but this is the WBC and they have ignored positive tests in the past ie Roid Jones vs Richard Hall. But that was swept under the rug until Hall opened his mouth years later.
      Hall and Jones tested positive for anabolic steroids. Jones positive was due to over the counter Creatine and it stands as the only time he has ever tested positive in any of his over 50 fights.
      Last edited by richardt; 05-13-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I don't think anybody is surprised at all! On Wilder Side I think he should sue, something must be done when Cheaters get caught, not just a damn suspension but they should also take a HIT Financially and I'm not talking about a Slap on the Wrist "FINE" either

RIDICULOUS then you have IDIOTS like Browne who would argue that he is clean only to find out from his B Sample that he is dirty and now it is just silence from him and Hatton Promotions

I will be honest, I thought he was Dirty vs Mike Perez to be honest but of course I'm not going to run around posting that without any proof but something did not look right that fight
        Wilder and his team should sue for training expenses and other incurred costs. I don't think you can expect for more than that. Of course after lawyers fees you might not end up with much. But this cheating is out of hand in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Hall and Jones tested positive for anabolic steroids. Jones positive was due to over the counter Creatine and it stands as the only time he has ever tested positive in any of his over 50 fights.
          Was that proven or just alleged? I have heard every excuse under the sun from positive athletes in the past. Most don't pass the smell test.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Yep.The usual suspects are out in full force for this one
            They are so shameless with it too. It's so transparent.

Comment

• Here is the story from Wikipedia:

Jones next fight was also a first time boxing event for a venue, as he traveled to Indianapolis and retained his title with an 11-round technical knockout over Richard Hall at the Conseco Fieldhouse. A post fight drug test showed that both Jones and Hall tested positive for androstenedione which was available legally over the counter at that time but banned by the IBF. The results of Jones' next two drug tests, which were negative, were sent to the Indiana Boxing Commission. The IBF chose not to take any action against Jones or Hall.[3] Jones ended the year with a 10-round stoppage of undefeated Eric Harding in New Orleans.
              Last edited by richardt; 05-14-2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Wilder vs Povetkin is gonna happen in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Tons of athletes been using Meldonium for decades and I'm sure Povetkin has used Meldonium many times before and didn't start this year for the Wilder fight. It was perfectly legal just last year that's the reason nobody was busted for it. Had this been anabolic steroids or any other well known roid or illegal substance that's been on Wada's list for many years then it wouldv'e been much worse IMO

Meldonium only been banned for a few months now so I'm sure he's been on Meldonium for a big part of his career.
                  Wonder why? Because he has a heart condition? If so, he should retire for his own safety.

Anabolic steroids were legal ... until they weren't. I don't understand your point.

It's illegal. Fair warning was sent. He failed the test. End of.

Comment

• *rejects testing*

*tests catch him*

*he's innocent doe*

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Again thats not VADAs role to see if a fighter has a heart problem so he can take a drug thats not on a banned substance list.
                      Who said it was VADA role? They are there to test him period, it's up to him to declare that he has a heart condition. He obviously doesn't because he was just using the drug to get an advantage over his opponents. He is a pure cheat just like Maria sharapova and others who took that 'legal' heart condition drug. It's ok to be from Russian and still be straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X