Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    yes. Ortiz would give all HW hell thou.

Well yeah he has style to cause some problems to all big contenders, but his lack of defense and ring generalship will leave him wanting against the top guys.. Plus he hasn't gone past 8 rounds so we don't know if he has a good engine on him.. Too much uncertain and isn't battle tested..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Again no one is calling it a PED, you are trying to be clever by diverting the main issue here, why are they using a drug that is meant to be use to treat a heart defect? Answer that first and your mind would be free.
      Mate, I know why he used it. Because its a PED, because it gave him the edge.

But the law is the law and as it stands he used it when it was legal.

I don't give a **** about what his camp his saying, we all know he used to get an edge.

I just want this fight to happen and for Wilder to knock his ass out.

I'm not trying to take a moral high ground here, I'm saying this "The fight should happen because the substance that Povetkin was caught taking, he took when it was still legal for intake. Period"

****....Wilder could be taking something now that will become illegal in September and get caught for a fight that he'll have in January.

With the side argument here being that the PED game is just that, a game for which the rules change on the regular.

Now if they prove that Povetkin took it after January 1st then forget this fight and get Wilder in there with Ortiz or something.
      Last edited by Banderivets; 05-13-2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• I was really looking forward to this fight. I hope it gets cleared up. If the drug was only banned in January there is a chance he will get cleared. People say he passed tests before January & failed now but what I'm wondering is if it wasn't banned before January were they testing for it? If they are not looking for it is there a chance it does not come up prior to the ban? I take drug tests at work & there was a panel 5 & a panel 12. The panel 5 only searched for opiates, cocaine, THC, angel dust Meth. The panel 12 had many more drugs on the list including opiates like T4, illegal steroids, etc. I don't know all the added drugs on the panel 12 but i'm sure you get my point. If the substance isn't banned are they going to look for it? Is it going to show up on a test if they are not looking for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          No. People are just too lazy or stupid to read the information.

In early April WADA said that for any testing done on March 1st or prior they will excuse up to 1 microgram of Meldonium, because that is the maximum amount they believe can 'last' in the system if it was taken in 2015 (when it was legal).

There have not been any concrete studies done regarding the actual length of time the drug remains in the system. The manufacturer said 'several months'. WADA was the one who studied the results and established the 1microgram @ March 1st rule.

The promoters' point is that the amount detected, 0.07 micrograms, probably falls in the same timeline as established by WADA for March. He basically wants WADA to confirm that this is legitimately what remains from the 2015 intake. It's up to WADA or WBC to confirm, since I believe this is the first recent (May) athlete that showed this small amount of Meldonium.
          If VADA/WADA confirms Ryabinsky's number everything should be good then right? And like others are saying this shouldn't have even popped dirty if they are using 1.0 as the max & 0.7 was what was found. So either VADA effed up or Ryabinsky is bsing. Should be interesting to see who effed up or is bsing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            If VADA/WADA confirms Ryabinsky's number everything should be good then right? And like others are saying this shouldn't have even popped dirty if they are using 1.0 as the max & 0.7 was what was found. So either VADA effed up or Ryabinsky is bsing. Should be interesting to see who effed up or is bsing.
            Another issue is his 3 previous samples came back negative. So really what's going on???

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              Mate, I know why he used it. Because its a PED, because it gave him the edge.

But the law is the law and as it stands he used it when it was legal.

I don't give a **** about what his camp his saying, we all know he used to get an edge.

I just want this fight to happen and for Wilder to knock his ass out.

I'm not trying to take a moral high ground here, I'm saying this "The fight should happen because the substance that Povetkin was caught taking, he took when it was still legal for intake. Period"

****....Wilder could be taking something now that will become illegal in September and get caught for a fight that he'll have in January.
              No it's NOT a PED!!! This is a drug use to treat heart condition. So again why are athletes using this drug? Again it's NOT a PED, this is a drug use to treat a heart condition. If you use this drug (Whether before it was legal or illegal) and you have zero heart condition then you were cheating period!!! A PED is a drug that is specifically designed to make you cheat and get a performing edge over your rival, this is is a drug that was made to save people's lives.

So anyone that uses it but didn't have a reason to do so were knowingly cheating, the saving grace for them and the excuse makers was the drug was legal until January 2016. But I don't even care if the drug was legal or illegal, why use the drug in the first place? There is creatine and other drug that is marketed for those purpose, meldonium is NOT marketed for the purpose that a lot of these Russians athletes are using it for.

Comment

• I think the fight would go ahead, don't really see a problem at all with this fight not happening, just found it strange that all these Russians athletes seems to suffer from a heart 'condition'

Comment

Never claim it was VADA role, not sure why that is even irrelevant to this thread. My main point has been pointed out many times, these athletes who are using this drug are obviously using it to gain an advantage. They don't have a heart condition, even if they do the drug was suppose to be use on a short term. They obviously found a loophole till the drug got added to the ban list. It's legal cheating in a way. It's not creatine or vitamins, this is a drug that is use to treat a heart condition but somehow these athletes were encourage to use it because it gives them other strengths in a different department. Unless Povetkin also has a heart defect if so I apologies.
                  Again thats not VADAs role to see if a fighter has a heart problem so he can take a drug thats not on a banned substance list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    Another issue is his 3 previous samples came back negative. So really what's going on???
                    Obviously thats sketchy & why I think there is a problem already whatever happens from here out, but I can see the powers that be saying if this is a 0.7 result & the threshold is 1.0 that the fight happens & forget about the overall narrative here. Or maybe I'm being too cynical & the fact that he did have clean results & he came up dirty later on (even if it didn't hit the 1.0 threshold) is some smaller print WADA issue or something idk.

Comment

No it's NOT a PED!!! This is a drug use to treat heart condition. So again why are athletes using this drug? Again it's NOT a PED, this is a drug use to treat a heart condition. If you use this drug (Whether before it was legal or illegal) and you have zero heart condition then you were cheating period!!! A PED is a drug that is specifically designed to make you cheat and get a performing edge over your rival, this is is a drug that was made to save people's lives.

So anyone that uses it but didn't have a reason to do so were knowingly cheating, the saving grace for them and the excuse makers was the drug was legal until January 2016. But I don't even care if the drug was legal or illegal, why use the drug in the first place? There is creatine and other drug that is marketed for those purpose, meldonium is NOT marketed for the purpose that a lot of these Russians athletes are using it for.
                      Maybe I'm tired but I'm not following.

This DRUG is used to treat heart conditions. It treats heart conditions because it allows for greater oxygenation of blood.

A substance that allows greater oxygenation of blood would yield clear endurance benefits when it pertains to sports. As such it could be regarded as a PED.

80% of PEDs have medical uses that, and they are that first. People just exploit them as PEDs.

So he took it for the sport benefit, not for a heat condition. So what?

He used it as a PED when it was not considered one.

Now it is considered a PED since it is banned by WADA/USADA whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X