No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    Everyone ****ing ******ed in here or what?

I smash carbs all day because it helps my clean and jerk, I'm taking it because it enhances my performance.

I take creatine and protein shakes because they enhance my performance.

I TRAIN because it enhances my performance.

WTF are we arguing here?
    It's simple buddy. The Russians were gaming the system for a long time until the establishment caught up to them. It's no surprise that the two most prominent athletes from Russia that popped for this drug were in sports that require massive endurance (tennis, boxing). That is exactly what this drug is used for. That's not natural, that's illegal. Russia is home to the biggest doping crisis the world has ever seen right now. They are sponsoring doping at every level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      It's simple buddy. The Russians were gaming the system for a long time until the establishment caught up to them. It's no surprise that the two most prominent athletes from Russia that popped for this drug were in sports that require massive endurance (tennis, boxing). That is exactly what this drug is used for. That's not natural, that's illegal. Russia is home to the biggest doping crisis the world has ever seen right now. They are sponsoring doping at every level.
      There was even a whole special on ESPN earlier today about corrupt russian athletes. They be cheatin lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If VADA/WADA confirms Ryabinsky's number everything should be good then right? And like others are saying this shouldn't have even popped dirty if they are using 1.0 as the max & 0.7 was what was found. So either VADA effed up or Ryabinsky is bsing. Should be interesting to see who effed up or is bsing.
        The issue is that WADA's 1 microgram rule was based on athletes testing on March 1st or prior. Povetkin's test took place on April 27th.

Logically, because it's such a small trace amount (0.07), it's most likely caused by intake in 2015. But WADA needs to make that call.

In case that's unclear, if an athlete tests for 1 microgram of Meldonium TODAY, then they're doping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
          Try to educate yourself at least a little. Read at least something about this "Performance Enhancer". There is no medical evidence that it can help a sportsman. Or that it can do something at all. No good scientific researches on it. Meldonium was banned only because many of Russian sportsmen use it, in order to make bad reputation for Russian sportsmen.
          But what do we know about the substance, why was the Russian taking it and why was it banned only this year?

• Meldonium is used to treat ischaemia: a lack of blood flow to parts of the body, particularly in cases of angina or heart failure.

• It is manufactured in Latvia and only distributed in Baltic countries and Russia. It is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in the United States and is not authorised in the rest of Europe.

• It increases blood flow, which improves exercise capacity in athletes.

Maria Sharapova's PR machine limits damage but raises uncomfortable questions
          Bryan Armen Graham
          Bryan Armen Graham Read more
          Wada found “evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance” by virtue of carrying more oxygen to muscle tissue.

• The decision to add meldonium to the banned list was approved on 16 September 2015, and it came into effect on 1 January 2016. Wada had spent the previous year monitoring the drug before adding it to the banned list.

• The drug was name-checked in the latest investigative documentary on Russian doping reforms by the German Hajo Seppelt on Sunday. The documentary referred to a 2015 study in which 17% of Russian athletes (724 of 4,316) tested were found to have meldonium in their system. A global study found 2.2% of athletes had it in their system.

• L’Equipe reported that the scientific advisor to the French Agency Against Doping (AFLD), Professor Xavier Bigard, said in interviews with athletes at last year’s European Games in Baku that a wide proportion of athletes admitted taking meldonium.

• It is classed as an S4 substance under the Wada code, which addresses hormone and metabolic modulators.

• The standard ban under the World Anti-Doping Code is four years.

Meldonium company says normal course of treatment is four to six weeks
          Read more
          • A memo was sent out to athletes by Russia’s anti-doping agency last September informing them of the decision to ban its use.

• Sharapova says she has been taking the drug for 10 years after she was regularly falling ill. She had a magnesium deficiency and family history of diabetes.

• Several athletes have been suspended since the turn of 2016 after testing positive for the dug. Abebe Aregawi, the 2013 women’s 1,500m world champion, has been provisionally suspended after meldonium was found in a sample she provided. Endeshaw Negesse, the 2015 Tokyo marathon champion, was also banned after reportedly testing positive for the same substance. Others include Olga Abramova and Artem Tyschcenko, two Ukrainian biathletes, Eduard Vorganov, a Russian cyclist and Ekaterina Bobrova, a Russian ice dancer.
          https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...led-drugs-test

This lame argument of "IT IS NOT A PED" FAILS in every way when the people who actually did study and monitor the drug are saying that it is which is why they BANNED IT!

Once again certain fans are not being consistent, they kinda want make the rules as they go. If this was Wilder what would people be making the same argument that they're trying to make for Povetkin? I doubt it!
          Last edited by sicko; 05-13-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            The issue is that WADA's 1 microgram rule was based on athletes testing on March 1st or prior. Povetkin's test took place on April 27th.

Logically, because it's such a small trace amount (0.07), it's most likely caused by intake in 2015. But WADA needs to make that call.

In case that's unclear, if an athlete tests for 1 microgram of Meldonium TODAY, then they're doping.
            I suppose that's possible. I wonder how they will make that call.

Comment

Yea man I agree. To be Frank I don't like the Russians, my country is at war with them.

However, I call it as I see it.

And my philosophy is this. All athletes try to gain an edge through legal or illegal means. In this particular case, you being an American where the rule of law is set in stone should recognize that what Povetkin took, was not ILLEGAL when he took it. Why he took it? We all know why, its PED qualities. But the fact remains that it was a legal ****ing substance until January 1st this year.

As such, the fight should continue and go Team Wilder!
              Last edited by Banderivets; 05-13-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Povetkin should be banned from boxing, don't need any cheaters

Comment

U think kovalev is on something?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post

From my understanding 1-15 micrograms was okay from Jan. 1 to Mar. 1 ie 15.1 micrograms was a problem. And since March 1 anything over 1 microgram is a problem. Thats from an Apr. 16(?) WADA press release or whatever.

So again to me it sounds like VADA messed up if their claiming a 0.7 result is a positive (or there is another reason 0.7 is bad like dare I speculate him not testing positive for it in previous VADA tests for this fight) or Ryabinsky is bsing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                      U think kovalev is on something?
                      No, he's passed VADA testing. Kovalev has lived in the US for awhile too.

Comment

Working...
                      X