No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
    I see it differently. To me cheater is someone who's braking the rules. By the rules Povetkin is clean. 0.07 micro gm is within allowed trace (<1 mocro gm) till the end of 2016.
    If he's withing the allowable limit why is the test being flagged as a fail? That's like a cop giving you a ticket for going 24 in a 25

Comment

Well it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that your're in Ukraine. My wife is from Ukraine. Each month I send money to her Grandmother so she can pay the bills for gas, electicity etc. Her pension is not enough to pay this bills. It was enough (she didn't require my help) before your latest revolution. We had it in 90s - International Monetary fund, western loans, elders starving, external management via US... There's nothing new in what you're going through. I respect your right to experience it if it's what you choose to do.
      Interesting...

You know I have family in Saratov, it takes 3 incomes for them to support a single household, grandparents included.

Stop checking out your neighbors yard and get your own house in order. When you are done with that, ask your neighbors if they need some help.

As they say in the US of A, mind your own business. The communal mentality is not a global phenomenon, so don't get offended when others don't want to part take in it, and don't try to push it on others...its not nice.

Comment

Cycling??? Meldonium wasn't even banned than. Do you know that US athlets are legally using cytoprotectors - same **** as mildonium with different name and not banned?
        Yes, he was cycling off of a drug that was becoming illegal.

He knew meldonium was going to be banned so he was CYCLING off it.

Let's not get bogged down in semantics.

Comment

• The manufacturer of this drug has said traces can be found in the system months after you stop using it "depending on factors such as dose, duration of treatment, and sensitivity of testing methods"

I am firmly in the belief that this drug has been in constant use by a lot of athletes prior to the ban; Sharapova had been using for 10+ years for example and over 100 athletes have tested positive this year. If Povetkin had been using this drug constantly in high doses for years then It's entirely possible that traces of this drug would be found, especially by VADA who are specifically testing for this drug after so many positive results.

Think of poor Marius Wach who had to fight Povetkin while he was on it, maybe they both were who knows? All I have seen is Povetkin looking stronger and his stamina has gone up the last 5 years. If they can prove they haven't taken it since November then the fight should go on, if not......ah well another fight down the toilet

Comment

• This is a tricky situation.

As a Wilder fan I want the fight to go on, and considering the legality of the drug up until recently, it's only a change in testing policy that's really the issue here. That might sound callous, but when you consider all the legal drugs athletes must be taking to gain an edge, the morality of the situation doesn't really enter into things. Povetkin's guilt doesn't rest on whether he took the drugs in the first place, but whether he took them after the ban. That would be quite hard to prove, especially if there are only trace amounts in his test results, as seems to be the case.

If it seems clear that he did take the drug after the ban then that's a clear case of cheating, and the fight probably needs to be called off, sucky though that is. Not because Wilder would be putting his life at risk or any of that jazz (he'd still be fighting the same guy we saw against Wach, Takam, Perez, Charr) but simply because Povetkin knowingly broke the rules, and letting him off would set a terrible precedent.

Personally, I'd still like to see the fight go ahead as I believe Wilder has a great chance at winning, and this is a great opportunity to cement his status in the division, but I can't have any qualms if Wilder decides to pull out over this.

Comment

• Guy fails a drug test outright = not guilty
              guy passes all tests = guilty

nsb logic

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Guy fails a drug test outright = not guilty
                guy passes all tests = guilty

nsb logic
                Hilarious.

Fails a test - innocent

******* and bacne - guilty

Comment

• LMAO....Hymen paid people to slip drugs into his food so the fight would get cancelled. Knew something like this would happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    If he's withing the allowable limit why is the test being flagged as a fail? That's like a cop giving you a ticket for going 24 in a 25
                    Which happens in many states. Obviously it depends on your skin color and how good looking you are, but yeah doe.

Anyway, might as well let the fight continue. Clearly the substance didn't do jack for him against Clinchko. I don't see any advantage over what he already had.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Which happens in many states. Obviously it depends on your skin color and how good looking you are, but yeah doe.

Anyway, might as well let the fight continue. Clearly the substance didn't do jack for him against Clinchko. I don't see any advantage over what he already had.
                      So what's the point of testing? Do you want a clean sport or a sport just clean enough that fighters gain minimal advantage from PED's?

Comment

Working...
                      X