No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Oh wow.. You've messed up big time there Povetkin. You had a fairly winnable title shot aswell, albeit for a secondary championship.

I wonder if he could get one of those exceptions that Floyd managed to get
    Floyd got an exemption for saline. Not for a banned substance. Not really the same, is it?

I wish I could say that I'm surprised to see certain posters on here advocating for leniency towards Povetkin....but I'm not. Their double standards have been clear for quite a while now.

We know they'd be screaming to high heaven to ban Wilder from the sport for life if he had been the one caught cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      PED's in general. I cant pinpoint an exact one cause i think they are dirty on multiple levels with multiple drugs. Depends on sport

I said before that if i Wilder i would have brought my own water, food, and had a very close person i trusted there for every test to make sure nothing got swept under the rug, bribed to change, or anything else they can come up with.

Russian people are nice, from the ones i know, but for sports i wouldnt trust them for a second
      PED's in general... are you aware that each and every competetive (high level) athlete including US are taking legal PED's? I'm not saying it's good or bad but thats a fact of life. Legal is the key point here.
      Some would say that if one is against athlets taking legal PED's than he should stop taking vitamine C or similar but personally I would not go that far
      Last edited by TudorMiron; 05-13-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• what happen to the "if it was wilder who tested positive we would get 15 pages already"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yes, its 0.07 micrograms.

If he'd have tested consistently for it fair enough. But he passed several tests before the one he got popped for. That seems suspect to me.
          Source?
          His last fight was in Nov, when they weren't testing for this. Was he tested sometime between fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
            What are you? He could not be dirty against Perez as at that point meldonium was perfectly legal. Do you try to suggest that if he tested postive but much lower than allowed trace of a substance that was legal 5 months ago than it means that he's heavy cheater?
            Still a performance enhancer regardless of the "TIME HE TOOK IT" that is actually a pathetic argument that some are trying to reach for. So never mined the fact that it is a Performance Enhancer, because WADA did not have it Banned at that time it was "OK" to use a Performance Enhancer because it wasn't banned. That sounds Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Floyd got an exemption for saline. Not for a banned substance. Not really the same, is it?

I wish I could say that I'm surprised to see certain posters on here advocating for leniency towards Povetkin....but I'm not. Their double standards have been clear for quite a while now.

We know they'd be screaming to high heaven to ban Wilder from the sport for life if he had been the one caught cheating.
              Im not totally clued up on the Floyd scenario, it was a genuine question. As far as I knew the IV was banned, and so was this substance. But both could be exempted for medical reasons if need be, but I really don't know. With the Vargas precedent now, its probably not even required or desired at this stage. The sport is a mess.

As for the leniency you're speaking of, I really dont see it. Povetkin's career is tainted as a matter of fact now, not just suspicion. Just because the typical anti-Haymon brigade arent up in arms over it means little, because their opinion also means just as much. Povetkin should fave a lengthy ban from the sport, as should anyone who doesnt adhere to the rules

Comment

• It was only banned recently, but when your countries most famous tennis player gets done a month earlier for that exact substance, there is no excuse.

1 year ban minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Source?
                  His last fight was in Nov, when they weren't testing for this. Was he tested sometime between fights?
                  The source was posted a page or three back that Povetkin has passed several tests during VADA's testing for this fight.

Idk anything about previous fights. For this particular substance as mentioned many times already it wasn't even illegal last year doe so even if he was using it last year its not gonna ding on a test.

Comment

• Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                    PED's in general... are you aware that each and every competetive (high level) athlete including US are taking legal PED's? I'm not saying it's good or bad but thats a fact of life. Legal is the key point here.
                    Some would say that if one is against athlets taking legal PED's than he should stop taking vitamine C or similar but personally I would not go that far
                    Yeah.......you spin it how you want if it helps you accept the FACT that Povetkin came up dirty. Hes a cheater and got caught

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Still a performance enhancer regardless of the "TIME HE TOOK IT" that is actually a pathetic argument that some are trying to reach for. So never mined the fact that it is a Performance Enhancer, because WADA did not have it Banned at that time it was "OK" to use a Performance Enhancer because it wasn't banned. That sounds Ridiculous!
                      Lets than agree to disagree on this one. When I was training I used legal performance enhancing just as every athlete on this planet does. It seems that you're not aware of it? There are lots of legal substances that do enhance mostly ability to recover. I don't think that many understand... people say that it's OK if someone takes a pill when he's ill. Heavy training is seriously traumatic - that's a fact that I know from personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X