No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post

If correct, Povetkin should be declared clean per their rules. Per this article, WADA says:

If they detect 70 nanograms (1000 nanogram=1microgram, µg) of Meldonium at the end of April, it's highly likely that the supplement was indeed ingested in 2015.
    There's hope

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
      Russia has been cheating for years, welcome to reality. Now go back in your hole.
      I wasn't being serious. I know every country has their share.

Comment

• Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
        Riabinsky (Povetkin's promoter) just issued a press statement: "After meldonium test fails became massive in numbers additional medical investigations are taken and it was found that meldonium traces can be found even after a year. WADA decided that if in tests conducted from 1st Jen to 1st march 2016 1-15 micrograms and after 1st March 1 microgram than it's not automatic disqualification of an athlete and governing body will decide to punish or not this athlete. In case of Povetkin it is 0.07 microgramm so it's up to governing body to decide."
        It would make sense to allow the fight if Povetkin hadn't NOT tested for meldonium previous to his dirty result. I'd assume he's microdosing or he was masking it previously, but something is rotten in Denmark with it & if logical people are involved in this decision it ain't happening. Luckily for the fans of this fight happening, & honestly I'm probably one, logical **** don't happen a whole lot in boxing.

Comment

• Nobody is giving respect to Wilder who was about to enter the ring against an pharmaceutically enhanced heavyweight opponent in his own backyard. Ppl said Wilder would duck yet here we are a week from the fight and it's Povetkin getting busted for trying to gain an edge by cheating. More respect should be given to Wilder.

Realistically, if Povetkin is clean and took it in Sept before it appeared on the list of banned substances, Povetkins team would have told Vada or whomever that he used it previous to the ban so that if it did show up they would appear to be honest and playing fair. But the fact that it became banned within a month, give or take, of when he last took it and they failed to mention it knowing it may remain in his system tells me that they were just planning on not getting caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post

If correct, Povetkin should be declared clean per their rules. Per this article, WADA says:

If they detect 70 nanograms (1000 nanogram=1microgram, µg) of Meldonium at the end of April, it's highly likely that the supplement was indeed ingested in 2015.

Many people will still scream "Russians on Roids!" (just watch the space below) and if Wilder is to loose...oh mama... it's going to explode big time.

Comment

• Wilder should just fight the winner of Wlad-Fury II.

Comment

• Wilder Vs Ortiz

Comment

• Damn, i feel sorry for Wilder, and guys like Takam, Perez, Wach etc. F*** Povetkin.

Comment

• I don't think anybody is surprised at all! On Wilder Side I think he should sue, something must be done when Cheaters get caught, not just a damn suspension but they should also take a HIT Financially and I'm not talking about a Slap on the Wrist "FINE" either

RIDICULOUS then you have IDIOTS like Browne who would argue that he is clean only to find out from his B Sample that he is dirty and now it is just silence from him and Hatton Promotions

I will be honest, I thought he was Dirty vs Mike Perez to be honest but of course I'm not going to run around posting that without any proof but something did not look right that fight

Comment

• Fuking ban his a$$ for life!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X