Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Drops, Bloodies, Decisions Thurman For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny is a legend of the sport and last night just added to his story a little more.

A big victory against one of the top unbeaten WWs of today, while being 40 years old. Brilliant stuff.

That body shot in the 9th(?) knocked the stuffing out of Thurman. Brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Yup definitly in the same breath as Robinson, Ali, Duran etc
      In terms of achievements in the ring yes he is a legend without question . However, when I think about the pure boxers such as Robinson and Ali, Pacquiao is at number 24 , one in front Butterbean at no 25

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
        I kinda think he coulda gave any of the other 3 good competitive fights, if it'd been either of them in the ring instead of Thurman tonight. I don't know if he could've beaten any of em, but he could've had a good night. After this night, I mean, what's he gonna look like/have left to bring to the ring in a fight six months from now? This should be his "swan song," but , you know, boxing..
        For sure that’s boxing and that’s how boxers end their career one fight to late They don’t know when to retire . I remember an interview that I saw it was sugar ray Leonard and he said it’s hard to leave the sport completely because you miss it , you miss the limelight , the whole atmosphere leading to the event , that walk to the ring and hearing that crowd it’s a rush , its like an addiction. It’s hard to turn down a big payday , it’s hard to leave because you think you still have it .

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
          I give PAC a lot of credit but Thurman is a “prime undefeated elite?”

What about Ricky Hatton who was 29 years old and 43-0 when he first fought Floyd?

Or how about Canelo Alvarez who was 23 years old and 42-0, coming on off (3) straight wins against Austin Trout, Josesito Lopez, and Shane Moseley?

Or what about Robert Guerrero who was 30 years old and 31-1 when he fought Floyd. And Robert’s only loss was much earlier in his career at 22 years old to Gamaliel Diaz by a controversial split decision.

All the above fights took place 12-15 years for Floyd. PAC is an ALL TIME GREAT but so is Floyd who also beat Cotto, Maidana, Moseley, Oscar, Marquez, Judah, Gatti, Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez.

We can lift up one guy without trying to tear down another guy that was great also.
          Very well said bro

Comment

YUP!!!! 100% agreed. I believe Floyd would have beat Thurman also even at 42 but give PAC all the credit in the world, he deserves it. Crawford and Spence are different beasts though altogether.
            Yeah, if I'm team Manny, I keep him clear of Crawford and Spence. Maybe fight either of the Garcia's or Porter but not those two. But Manny is a fighter's fighter so he's just crazy enough to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
              My prediction is the cards will be 115-113, 116-112, 114-114 in some combination. Dont see anything wider than 116-112
              you got the 115-113 right. didn't see 114-113 tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                It wasn’t a prime Pac that beat Thurman
                Good Point!

Comment

I give PAC a lot of credit but Thurman is a “prime undefeated elite?”

What about Ricky Hatton who was 29 years old and 43-0 when he first fought Floyd?

Or how about Canelo Alvarez who was 23 years old and 42-0, coming on off (3) straight wins against Austin Trout, Josesito Lopez, and Shane Moseley?

Or what about Robert Guerrero who was 30 years old and 31-1 when he fought Floyd. And Robert’s only loss was much earlier in his career at 22 years old to Gamaliel Diaz by a controversial split decision.

All the above fights took place 12-15 years for Floyd. PAC is an ALL TIME GREAT but so is Floyd who also beat Cotto, Maidana, Moseley, Oscar, Marquez, Judah, Gatti, Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez.

We can lift up one guy without trying to tear down another guy that was great also.
                  Great post!

Comment

• Both came in great shape, I thought that Thurman would waste a lot of energy in the first 4 round trying to ko pacman and then would be done and probably get stopped by his corner late, but he gave everything till the end, pacman was just his usual self throwing lots of punches from different angles and with an engine that won't quit. Great fight.

Comment

• Manny is basically the Yoda of boxing now

Amazing!

Comment

Working...
                      X