Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Drops, Bloodies, Decisions Thurman For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have pac won round 1-5, 11 and 12. Judges are fair enough imo.

Comment

• The title is not appropriate, Pacquiao barely won. If Thurman wasn't knocked down in the first round, the scores indicate he would've won the fight.

Comment

• A lot of cry babies tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realboxingfan1 View Post
          Good fight pac deserved the win . At 4O pretty impressive pac won the fight but he took a lot of shots and at 40 I don’t see him continually beating the rest of the young pack and this is only due to his age and the shots he will receive lots of wars , wear and tear on the body he will end up retiring knocked out. My respect to this HOF warrior and see what happens next .
          I kinda think he coulda gave any of the other 3 good competitive fights, if it'd been either of them in the ring instead of Thurman tonight. I don't know if he could've beaten any of em, but he could've had a good night. After this night, I mean, what's he gonna look like/have left to bring to the ring in a fight six months from now? This should be his "swan song," but , you know, boxing..

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            A good training camp and a tune up and Mayweather schools Pac again. Mayweather beat Pac with intelligence. The only fighter in the welterweight division that has that right now is Crawford, almost everyone else uses brute force.

Everything Pac has done to these guys, including Thurman, Mayweather was able to nullify. That running punching, Pac used to drop Thurman, was tried on Mayweather and he made Pac looked stupid doing it. Marquez also made Pac looked stupid doing that trick.

Thurman is not a high IQ fighter as he thinks he is. He should have been more patience, feinting, taking two steps back, making Pac more desperate till he starts lunging in, then he counters him. Thurman was trying to beat Pac at Pac's style.
            I disagree. The Manny who fought here tonight; I don't believe that Money May would have a chance against.

Comment

• [QUOTE=champion4ever;19918925]I agree. Pac may have won the battle but ultimately may end up losing the war.

This was not even a prime Keith Thurman and I thought he shook and hurt Pac on several occasions tonight. Now just imagine if that was prime Thurman or Crawford or Spence.

I really believe that if Pac was in with those guys he would have been stopped by the amount of punishment he absorbed in this fight. It's just amazing that he can still fight a such a high level even at 40 and a half years old.[/QUOTE]

Roids aren't that impressive, they do what they were created to do, make a older man extend his youthful attributes !

Comment

• Good on Manny - He definitely deserved the knod. This reminds me of GGG - Canelo 1... Even though I thought GGG won that fight, it took way more out of him than him than it did Canelo. After seeing Manny's face in those slo-mo shots Fox was running every time Manny got clipped, he looked old, and maybe feeling those shots a bit more than he's letting on. Wouldn't mind seeing him beat up Khan, and ride off a winner as a top 25 ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  I have pac won round 1-5, 11 and 12. Judges are fair enough imo.
                  I had exact same ****

Comment

• Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
                    Damn Split Decision??? One Idiot judge trying to robbed Manny again! I wonder why INCOMPETENT JUDGE continue to get paid!!! Please BAN this these idiots please... It's bad for the sport of boxing!!!
                    Yea, even Thurman after the fight conceded that he may have lost to Manny especially after the knockdown and said his work rate wasn’t where it should have been. Not sure what that (1) judge was thinking or watching. I can see 115-112 for all (3) judges to be objective scores.

Comment

• First off I said it a hundred times on this board pac wins . Second this is the worst right call in the history of boxing . This was 8-4 pac easy and how one judge gave Thurman the fight is the biggest , most corrupt thing to ever happen in boxing .

Comment

Working...
                      X