Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Drops, Bloodies, Decisions Thurman For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big fan of Thurman but he showed a lot of heart tonight. His gameplan was all wrong. Trying to be a bully and an aggressor put him on the canvas. I think a rematch would be even more entertaining and much deserved for Thurman.

Comment

• How much PBC/Fox gotta promise Pac to fight Spence? 20m? 25m?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
        I have it the same, and several other posters do too.

Pac fans... they see it differently.
        If you scoring it round by round then yes your card is more accurate. Problem with PAC fights is that when he wins a round, he wins it by a landslide and hurts his opponents and when his opponents win rounds, they win it clearly but you know not by a landslide and they don't really hurt him badly.

This is why casuals will always complain about the scorecards in PAC fights.

Comment

• I had Pac winning, but I think it was closer than a lot of people think; and I think I know why. Pac has a tendency to go long stretches in rounds (especially in the middle of the fight) where he doesn't do much. He all but gives these rounds away, save for late round flurries (which look really nice).

These late round flurries stick out in the minds of some fans and judges and help him steal rounds, but others remember the larger portion of the round when he was very inactive.

Comment

• I think Pac's aggressive style could cause problems for Crawford and Crawford is not a natural Welterweight like Thurman.
            Also the fact that Crawford is the pound for pound number 1 (according to many) should give Pacman the motivation for one more great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoyas Left Hook View Post
              This is what happens when you support someone.You get stupid comments like this one
              I’m not judging you with your pic. You have named yourself after a fighter’s punch you dislike?

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Pac-Man in the same breath as All time greats of the past!

Beating a prime undefeated career welterweight champ at the age of 40 is an extremely solid feather in the cap for The Fighting Senator!

Legendary performance from Pacquaio

Great fight
                Yup definitly in the same breath as Robinson, Ali, Duran etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  115-112 Pacquiao, 7-5 plus 1 pt for the KD. Good fight.
                  This scorecard shows that you know exactly what you were watching. That's exactly how the fight went.

Manny lost rounds 7, 8, 9, 11 clean, and twelve was a swing round.

He also lost one out ot the first six rounds.

It was a close fight overall just that Manny completely dominates the rounds that he wins because he hurts his opponents in almost all of them, this creates the impression that the overall fight is completely one sided whereas when you score it round by round like you supposed to, the fight evens out.

Still, he won the fight fair and square, great performance for the 40-41 year old senator. A true legend of the sport.

Comment

• Keith losing tonight was good for boxing. Got so tired of him talking that, "Spence has to get more popular" "No interest in Crawford" talk. Back of the line..

Comment

• can we stop with the "thurman wasn't 100%" excuse? please. manny is fucking 40 years old and with a style that shouldn't have aged this good.

Comment

Working...
                      X