Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Drops, Bloodies, Decisions Thurman For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquaio's list of accomplishments In the Guinness Book of World Records after this fight:

Only boxer to have 8 won Division World Championships
    Only boxer to have won 5 Lineal Division World Championships(more impressive in this era of multiple sanctioning bodies)
    Oldest Welterweight boxing champion

Many champions have retired undefeated. There is a Thai boxer right now that has beaten Floyd's record number of undefeated fights. But no other fighter including the all time greats of the past can match Pacquaio's record number of division championships in a record number of weight categories and especially lineal championships(where there is only belt on the line per division). It will be almost impossible to duplicate and should cement Pacquaio's status as all time great in the top 3 overall.

Comment

• Great fight, Pacquiao should go ahead and retire with this one. He has nothing else to prove! He is special no doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
        Great fight, Pacquiao should go ahead and retire with this one. He has nothing else to prove! He is special no doubt
        Typically I would agree, but he seems competitive enough to keep fighting. Why not Spence?

Comment

• Keith: Pac is very wise in the ring, It was a lesson

Comment

• The only fighter ever to murder two eras of boxers

Comment

• Reviewed the fight.

Keith was doing well especially when he was boxing...until the body shots came it.

Body shots took a toll on Keith's legs.

I always thought he was pretty open for the body.

Guess the philly shell really worked against body shots.

We owe Roach an apology. He really said Broner was faster than Thurman and he was right (but broner came to lose)

Guess the likes of Danny and Porter is just a tad slower than Keith.

Keith is a true welterweight but slow for Pacman who's had wars at lighter weights.

Vargas was right. If you're gunna get a sparring partner for a pacman fight, get someone from the featherweight division. That's the level of speed Manny is working with.

P.S. It was a great tribute to Whitaker
              Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 07-21-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                Unreal
                Some want to talk peds, hes 40 and a half and fighting a prime champion. Theres a lot of people on gear in sports but some how manny has super duper PEDS.
                Great fight by both men. Yeah if I was floyd I would stay retired also. Just sayin.

Tested over 700 times and never failed a test. Drug tested more than most. Yes he has super duper people that can hide things.

I'm so sick of this BS because people cant accept that the man is that good. Have some respect.

Some people won’t give foreign fighters the recognition no matter how good they are, instead of giving credit when credit is due, they would come up with false accusations. That’s how their parents raised them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjeagle1 View Post
                  Manny Pacquaio's list of accomplishments In the Guinness Book of World Records after this fight:

Only boxer to have 8 won Division World Championships
                  Only boxer to have won 5 Lineal Division World Championships(more impressive in this era of multiple sanctioning bodies)
                  Oldest Welterweight boxing champion

Many champions have retired undefeated. There is a Thai boxer right now that has beaten Floyd's record number of undefeated fights. But no other fighter including the all time greats of the past can match Pacquaio's record number of division championships in a record number of weight categories and especially lineal championships(where there is only belt on the line per division). It will be almost impossible to duplicate and should cement Pacquaio's status as all time great in the top 3 overall.

You forgot to mention boxer of the decade and 3-time boxer of the year.

Comment

• What a fight from a legend. Pac looked amazing early then his legs seemed to go late but he had just enough to hold off the bigger, younger guy.

I had it 115-112 but I think there were 3 or 4 rounds that were really close, I gave 2 to manny and 1 to Keith so 114-113 may not be too crazy to imagine for Thurman,.

Pac would have slept that dude in his prime for sure though, he is just on another level.

And he should stay away from Crawford and Spence at this point, I don't think it would end well for him.

Comment

• You got to be a special kind of rétard to score this fight for Thurman LMAO

He got whooped the majority of the fight.
                      116-111 or 115-112 Pacquiao is about right

Comment

Working...
                      X