Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As GDP spins...a timeline: The real big drama show.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As GDP spins...a timeline: The real big drama show.

Cotto: Drops WBC belt. Tells De La Hoya to pay his $1.1 million in fees including $800k to Golovkin for stepping aside & allowing Cotto vs Canelo to happen.

Oscar: "It's a disgrace. It's a disgrace to the promotion. It's a disgrace to the sport to do something like that. Every fighter dreams of fighting for the WBC middleweight championship and to do something like that is a disgrace. Look, I can assure of one thing - Canelo is ticked off about it."

Canelo: In the ring following Cotto win. "I'll put the gloves on & fight Golovkin right now!"

Oscar: “It’s interesting to see how long we’re going to take to build, the need for it to marinate just a bit. I like my meat medium rare. I’m not a guy who likes to overcook my meat. In the meantime, Triple G (Golovkin) is now fighting with tough guys, Canelo is fighting with tough guys. They might lose, they might win. That’s the risk we have to take. The vision, the game plan, is to have them meet, sooner than later.”

Sulaiman: WBC firm stance: "The winner must face our interim champion, Golovkin. It's a fight that has to happen, the winner can not face someone else." Deadline was even extended until Dec 11th.

Canelo: "I’m not afraid of any fighter."

Gomez: “Canelo is a proud fighter. If he didn't care about the title, he wouldn't have bothered with this agreement [for the voluntary fights] (Khan). The purpose of agreeing to it is to make their fight even bigger."

Oscar: "If the fight was happening tomorrow, the negotiation would be 90 percent for Canelo and 10 percent for Golovkin."

Canelo: In the ring following Khan win. "Mexicans don't f.uck around! Like I said after the last fight, I'll put the gloves back on & fight him right now!"

Canelo: Drops WBC belt. "I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines."

Canelo: Questions Gennady's resume. Who has he fought? He needs to earn his shot. Promptly fights Liam Smith.

Gomez: Canelo vs Smith No Longer VADA Testing “We tried to start the program; unfortunately, it was late, there wasn't enough time to get the full benefit of VADA testing. Really, there’s no story here. This time we will do any and all testing required by Texas and the WBO. Such requirements do not (yet) exist within the WBO.

Canelo: "I’m not a middleweight, said it all along, and that’s the misconception.” Fights Chavez Jr. at 164.5 lbs.

Chavez Jr: Questions why VADA only testing urine, not blood & why testing only starts in March.

Canelo: "I'm ready to show how a true Mexican fights. If he wants to stand toe-to-toe I will not back down."

Oscar: "I was shocked, I’m in shock [scorecard] is a shocker. A lot of people are not understanding 118-110, just like myself."

Loeffler: "We’ve never seen Canelo get booed like that even by his own fans in that post-fight interview (in the ring), so definitely the majority of the public thought Gennady won the fight."

Gomez: "You might agree with me and you might not, and the fans might agree with me or they might not; it doesn’t matter. But Canelo and Golden Boy are victims of that bad card as well. Not just Golovkin. Everybody starts pointing their fingers at us, like if we had something to do with it. Then you have the bad scorecard and everybody started focusing on that. So in many ways, we’re a victim also, of that. It’s not fair to us."

Sanchez: "Big drama score. You don’t win fights backing up all night."

Sulaiman: "Hoping that Alvarez would bring back those glory days of Mexican warriors, It didn't happen. It was GGG fighting 'Mexican Style,' going forward at all times, dominating the action."

Sanchez: Pushes for early VADA testing to start 3 months out of rematch scheduled for May 5th. Canelo tests positive twice for clenbuterol.

Canelo: Claims positive results are from contaminated meat. "I will do whatever it takes to prove my innocence". Withdraws from GolovkinII & is suspended for 6 months.

Oscar: “Canelo’s a clean fighter and he’ll get tested every single day from now until the fight.”

Gomez: “If we have a deal done, he’ll start when the contracts get signed. We went above and beyond to prove that this is an accident."

Sulaiman: "Canelo was removed from our rankings because he refused to sign up for the Clean Boxing Program."

Oscar: Golovkin Doesn't Want To Fight. "As soon as he signs the fight, he's on the program."

Gomez: “If they’re not afraid, let’s get the contracts signed. We’re ready to go. They’re the ones coming up with all these ideas. Abel is a crackhead, with the ***** that he’s talking. I’m letting him do his work. He knows what the deal is and it’s similar to the first deal we had in place. He’s doing his due diligence with his side, but we’re ready to go.”

Oscar: I think [Canelo’s stature has] been affected here a bit in the US. I’ve always said you’re as good as your last fight. With all this animosity now, guess what? The fight is going to be even bigger.

Oscar: "It’s clear to us that after all the demands that they made, after Canelo having to do the hair follicle test, having to enroll in VADA, having to be tested by the Nevada State Athletic Commission randomly even before he was enrolled in VADA, it’s clear that GGG is afraid. What else do we have to do?"

Loeffler: "All Gennady came back with is that, ‘I just want a fair split, I want a 50-50 split'. But Canelo, for whatever reason, was insisting on still having a huge advantage. … It was 65-35 percent for the rematch and Gennady thinks that’s just not fair. Taking 35 percent as the champion is just not fair.

Gomez: "All the major deal points were done. They came back [on Thursday] with ridiculous demands, just ridiculous. The entire structure of the contract was changed and it's unacceptable. The new demands were unacceptable. Golovkin's team put terms on the table that are impossible to accept, it is clear that Golovkin does not want to fight against Canelo. I really think he is afraid of Saul"

Oscar: "We’re going to move on and I’m going to start making phone calls to (Daniel Jacobs’) people, to (Billy Joe) Saunders’ people, start making calls to (Jermall) Charlo and (Spike) O’Sullivan."

Gomez: "We have reached out to Eddie Hearn (who promotes Jacobs), we're going to talk to him later today. I spoke with Frank Warren(who represents Saunders, the WBO titlist), those two are right there. I spoke with (Spike) O'Sullivan's guy, he's interested. We haven't reached out to (Jermall) Charlo but we'll reach out to him, as well.

One week later, still no calls made other than (Spike) O’Sullivan.

Saunders: "All talk GoldenBoy Boxing let ginger balls stick to taking Ped's."

Charlo: "Don't listen to the hype. Oscar has not contacted me."

Oscar: "I'll never make a 50-50 deal when it involves Canelo."

Loeffler: "Canelo gave Miguel Cotto a 55% share of the money back in 2015 - and the Golovkin fight did a bigger gate and a higher pay-per-view buyrate."

Gomez: If GGG takes old terms - Fight can be saved. "If they come back (Golovkin and Loeffler), today or tomorrow, for what we had agreed on [35%], the fight can be saved."

Oscar: “What people are not understanding is I am not going to come off my demands for the rematch." De La Hoya told ESPN.com he's willing to give Golovkin a 60-40 split.

Loeffler: "Gennady has agreed to come off his 50-50 demand. Gennady wants the rematch with Canelo regardless of what Oscar says. He will come down to 55-45, which makes Canelo the A side."

Oscar: “We were willing to budge, but now I’m fed up with this and I’ve decided to move on. The Canelo train has left the station. There’s a deal on the table for Daniel Jacobs to fight September 15 against Canelo."

Hearn: Jacobs wants more than Golden Boy has offered for Canelo fight. Reportedly 20% split.

Gomez: Golovkin must accept 57.5-42.5 by tomorrow! "This is final! We’ve been through everything. We’ve been through the hoops, the monkey bars, the slides. No more playing games! He has until noon (PT) to accept or walk away."

Oscar: Golovkin declines Golden Boy’s Final Offer. "No fight, there is no fight. We want the fight. Tom Loeffler wants the fight. Clearly the only person here who doesn’t want the fight is Triple-G. The fans want the fight. We bent over backwards. One-hundred percent, there is no fight.”

Gomez: "It was dead. We were going to move on but Oscar and I threw a Hail Mary." Meaning gave in to Golovkin's demands.

Canelo: "The desire to tear his head off is so big. The truth is that this fight means a lot to me because of all that has happened and all that has been said. I will prove with my fists that I am the best, and Golovkin will eat all of his words and speculations."

Oscar: "Canelo respected him too much. Now he will enter with everything from the start, the difference will be the pressure exerted and paying back for the disrespect."
    Last edited by S7V7N; 07-01-2018, 06:16 PM.

It’s a joke

Canelo looks Dirty as he.ll

And because he believes he ls bigger then the sport he doesn’t even seem to care what people
    Think

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
      Cotto: Drops WBC belt. Tells De La Hoya to pay his $1.1 million in fees including $800k to Golovkin for stepping aside & allowing Cotto vs Canelo to happen.

Oscar: "It's a disgrace. It's a disgrace to the promotion. It's a disgrace to the sport to do something like that. Every fighter dreams of fighting for the WBC middleweight championship and to do something like that is a disgrace. Look, I can assure of one thing - Canelo is ticked off about it."

Canelo: In the ring following Cotto win. "I'll put the gloves on & fight Golovkin right now!"

Oscar: “It’s interesting to see how long we’re going to take to build, the need for it to marinate just a bit. I like my meat medium rare. I’m not a guy who likes to overcook my meat. In the meantime, Triple G (Golovkin) is now fighting with tough guys, Canelo is fighting with tough guys. They might lose, they might win. That’s the risk we have to take. The vision, the game plan, is to have them meet, sooner than later.”

Sulaiman: WBC firm stance: "The winner must face our interim champion, Golovkin. It's a fight that has to happen, the winner can not face someone else." Deadline was even extended until Dec 11th.

Gomez: “Canelo is a proud fighter. If he didn't care about the title, he wouldn't have bothered with this agreement [for the voluntary fights] (Khan). The purpose of agreeing to it is to make their fight even bigger."

Oscar: "If the fight was happening tomorrow, the negotiation would be 90 percent for Canelo and 10 percent for Golovkin."

Canelo: In the ring following Khan win. "Mexicans don't f.uck around! Like I said after the last fight, I'll put the gloves back on & fight him right now!"

Canelo: Drops WBC belt. "I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines."

Canelo: Questions Gennady's resume. Who has he fought? He needs to earn his shot. Promptly fights Liam Smith.

Gomez: Canelo vs Smith No Longer VADA Testing “We tried to start the program; unfortunately, it was late, there wasn't enough time to get the full benefit of VADA testing. Really, there’s no story here. This time we will do any and all testing required by Texas and the WBO. Such requirements do not (yet) exist within the WBO.

Canelo: "I’m not a middleweight, said it all along, and that’s the misconception.” Fights Chavez Jr. at 164.5 lbs.

Chavez Jr: Questions why VADA only testing urine, not blood & why testing only starts in March.

Sanchez: Pushes for early VADA testing to start 3 months out of fight. Canelo tests positive twice for clenbuterol.

Canelo: Claims positive results are from contaminated meat. "I will do whatever it takes to prove my innocence". Withdraws from GolovkinII & is suspended for 6 months.

Oscar: “Canelo’s a clean fighter and he’ll get tested every single day from now until the fight.”

Gomez: “If we have a deal done, he’ll start when the contracts get signed. We went above and beyond to prove that this is an accident."

Sulaiman: "Canelo was removed from our rankings because he refused to sign up for the Clean Boxing Program."

Oscar: Golovkin Doesn't Want To Fight. "As soon as he signs the fight, he's on the program."

Gomez: “If they’re not afraid, let’s get the contracts signed. We’re ready to go. They’re the ones coming up with all these ideas. Abel is a crackhead, with the **** that he’s talking. I’m letting him do his work. He knows what the deal is and it’s similar to the first deal we had in place. He’s doing his due diligence with his side, but we’re ready to go.”
      Good job putting all the pieces together.

Comment

Well done putting the timeline together. Entertaining read.

Comment

Canelo is suspect af, only a blind fanboy would deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post

Sanchez: Pushes for early VADA testing to start 3 months out of fight. Canelo tests positive twice for clenbuterol.

Gomez: “If they’re not afraid, let’s get the contracts signed. We’re ready to go. They’re the ones coming up with all these ideas. Abel is a crackhead, with the **** that he’s talking. I’m letting him do his work. He knows what the deal is and it’s similar to the first deal we had in place. He’s doing his due diligence with his side, but we’re ready to go.”
            Clenelo looks dirty as hell.

Comment

This is a good man.
              Nice read

Comment

There is no excuse for Canelo not to already be Vada enrolled. GGG,Jermall, Jacobs, Andrade, Saunders, Murata and the Russian challenger are all Vada enrolled. I think Canelo might continue to refuse to enroll in Vada and fight Spike in September while GGG fights Saunders or Murata.

Comment

When strung together in a time line the intent, messaging and misdirection become apparent... amazing read.

Comment

Wow, all that effort and misspelled the promotion's name in the title. Whoops. Lol

Anyway, yea, Oscar handled it poorly and is a liar, like all good promoters are. Welcome to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X