No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    I feel for Brook there. Fair play to him, he took the fight when others wouldn't and he took it to GGG.
    I think the stoppage was the right thing to do if they had already talked about the eye in the corner, especially as the GGG was putting it on Brook more in that round.

I don't think GGG had any respect for Brook's power hence the approach. and how the fight looked.

Brook can fight though..he's talented and i expect him to do really well at 154.
    Nice post. Someone actually watched the fight and gave an honest opinion and had no
    Pre determined agenda. Two thumbs up sir.

Comment

• Pro boxing is basically about power! There have been outstanding boxers that have done well facing power but for the most part when one man can hurt another things change quickly.

Kell could have weighed 155 or 175 at the bell he wasn't a big puncher at welter so he isn't becoming a big puncher by adding weight.

Sugar Ray KO's welters and middleweights because he could punch with power and accuracy.

When Triple G faces someone who could "impress" him his power better come through for him or he'll be in for a long night. He's a good boxer but his game is to press and land! When he gets wild like tonight he doesn't look good because his controlled aggression becomes enraged. But he told everyone all week he was going in to street fight and make it ugly so now everyone thinks his performance shows weaknesses. Does it?..........

Ray

Comment

• Golovkin was in cruise control from the beginning until the fight ended.

Andre Ward cannot beat Golovkin. He can't handle that power, and GGG has the best chin in the game atm, would likely walk through Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          No, you blinded hater.

What happened to all that Brook by decision??

GGG started figured Brook defense in two round then beat him with every shots, outjabed him.

He beat him physically but also in the skills department.

Give credit to GGG cuz you thought he was a better man, he lost and couldn't be competitive for more than 2 rounds.
          Yeah literally none of that happened.... Brook stupidly went to the ropes and that was the only time GGG had success.

I also picked Brook by stoppage and believe if he wanted it enough and his corner weren't scared by the reputation he would have done it.

I give GGG credit for having great power... Other than that though....

YOu are a stupid fool if you think GGG outskilled Brook.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Khan to me looked like a blown up 155lbs fighter you seen Khan looking a bit chubby at 155lbs and this was at the weigh-in!
            When you saw Brook at the weigh-in he made 159.4lbs and he had obliques and visible abdominal all in good shape and by the night of the fight he still didn't look chubby/fat etc he held the weight fairly well.

If you want to say Kell Brook isn't a middleweight you best say he isn't a welterweight either he is in the same position as Erislandy Lara he would easily make 154lbs and he can make 160lbs too which he clearly displayed today but still you don't come weighing in at 170lbs the way he looked if you're too small.

GGG naturally was broader and naturally stronger but that's just like I said with every other fighter sometimes you gotta deal with that adversity this fight wasn't anywhere near as bad as Gamboa Vs. Crawford If you'd think it was comparable.
            Khan looked soft even at 147, that's his body composition. He carries body fat.

Brook is a career WW, that's what he is. He, however, has a pretty muscular composition and so he carries the weight well aesthetically. Looking like a middleweight and being a middleweight are not the same though.

Golovkin just said again to IFL; 'He's too small. In size we look the same, but he's not a middleweight.' - The guy in the ring with him knows the deal and is pretty open with it.

Gamboa-Crawford was a similar deal in terms of how it played out; the better fighter lost to the naturally bigger fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Who the f@ck can beat him at 160lb....keep living in denial because that all you've got idiot.....it's the same with me vs you ...i would smash you to pieces and you would go crying to your mum after ...bring ur gun cause that's the hope you would have...as for golovkin vs any middlweight.....who beats him then kidney brain ? Canelo ? Saunders ? Jacobs ? Degale ? Jack ? Eubanks ? ...get the f@ck out of here dummy
              Everybody at 60 sux, which is why he stays there. Why won't he do what Brook did tonight?

As for physical confrontation between us, you're absolutely right. I'd do the world a huge favor and shoot the living **** outta you. One less mutant f.uck above ground is always a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter.......

THats what I said...... And I stand by it ...Brook made GGG look real bad up close...

I would want a rematch...The win was right there for Brook.

He took more punishment in Carson Jones 1 tbh....
                I mean, if you truly think GGG "looked bad" because of Brook then we are done here, because it's just no true. I don't want to argue about that, but I will drop an "I told you so" when GGG's next fight rolls around, because he will probably revert back to boxing responsibly depending on who that is.

Brook did have good success here and there, and I expected him too, but some of that success was just because GGG was throwing caution to the wind.

Brook landed some magnificent counters during the fight, but the truth is that in other fights or if GGG chose to not chase a stoppage so hard, he slips many of those shots that landed.

Regardless, I hope Brook moves down to 147 again because he would dominate.

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                Have to disagree with you on the stoppage, clear as day his socket was broken and his corner knew it.
                I know it was broken, but that doesn't make it a good stoppage. PLenty of fighters have broken bones early and gone on to give terrific performances through the fight. This isn't the amateurs, this is pro prize fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Golovkin was in cruise control from the beginning until the fight ended.

Andre Ward cannot beat Golovkin. He can't handle that power, and GGG has the best chin in the game atm, would likely walk through Ward.
                  Sure wish Team GGG felt this way.

Comment

• Sanchez is correct. NO ONE can last 12 rounds with GGG. They all get f-ed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      So let me get this straight... According to Golovkin and some of you, fighting Brook was so easy he didn't even utilize any of his skills; he basically went into a street fight... "Just like sparring." And yet he told us that this was his biggest threat to date. Tell me again why am I suppose to get excited about Golovkin? Best EVER???

Comment

Working...
                      X