Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you couldn't see that Golovkin was far from his usual self... Then you're an even stupider person than the most ardent Golovkin groupie. That said, it would've ended in a bad KO if it went a little longer
    Last edited by BM dnobagaV; 09-10-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        GGG just fought with his hands down

He has ZERO respect for Brooks power

He walked him down and cornered him and it was over
        People are talking like he always fights like this. No, he fights like this only when he fights guys he knows won't hurt him. As soon as he hurt Brook he just started bumrushing because he knew he had nothing to worry about.

He wouldn't fight like this against Jacobs or Alvarez or anyone that could seriously threaten him. He never does when faced with anything close to a threat.

Comment

• April 20, 2015:

"Well, Crawford's win made me very happy and I wasn't happy necessarily on Chavez's loss because, y'know... what had took us eight or nine years to build, f***ing (Al) Haymon destroyed in one f***ing night,"said Arum to BoxingScene.com on Monday morning.

"So why would I be happy? He exposed what we all knew about Chavez: that he had built his reputation on his ability to come down in weight and then hydrate up so that he was fighting smaller guys.

"Look at every one of his fights, when did he ever fight a guy his own size?"

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-on-c...int_friendly=1

In one fu*king night, Hearn exposed Brook! I think he should be fine @ 154! Good stoppage by his corner. They saved his future! That's love!

Comment

• Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
            Do you think GGG's performance will finally convince Canelo that he can take him now?
            Canelo is no stupid (like the trolls here)... But even if he was, Oscar understands this kind of things easier...

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Let's see. You've been here since 2015 and you think I'm a fanboy?

You would struggle to find more unbiased posters on here than me and you know it.

And pages ago, you were willing to eat crow about this fight, and now you change your stance and want to throw away that respect?

How hard is it to just admit you were wrong about the outcome of the fight and just chalk it up as a L and say "good fight"?

You don't even refute anything I said, either. So, again, did you ignore the post fight interviews? Or did you just not watch them?

Tell me again how I am a fanboy, and of whom? This whole forum knows I am a GGG fan AND a Brook fan. Try again.

Did you ignore the actual ending of the fight? C'mon man...Brook's eye being damaged stopped this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                It's not just about the weight itself, it's about what you are at the weight. Golovkin is a big, powerful guy cutting to middleweight, Kell was a blown up welter that stopped cutting in order to fight at middleweight and Golovkin himself said as much; 'he's not middleweight.'

Brook can make 147, Golovkin can't make 154; that is the size difference.

I wanted Kell to do it, but my position was clear; I believe he's more skilled, but Golovkin's natural size advantage will render that meaningless in the end.

Lara and Canelo are both counter punchers and 154 fighters, that's a totally different match-up in terms of style and size.
                Khan to me looked like a blown up 155lbs fighter you seen Khan looking a bit chubby at 155lbs and this was at the weigh-in!
                When you saw Brook at the weigh-in he made 159.4lbs and he had obliques and visible abdominal all in good shape and by the night of the fight he still didn't look chubby/fat etc he held the weight fairly well.

If you want to say Kell Brook isn't a middleweight you best say he isn't a welterweight either he is in the same position as Erislandy Lara he would easily make 154lbs and he can make 160lbs too which he clearly displayed today but still you don't come weighing in at 170lbs the way he looked if you're too small.

GGG naturally was broader and naturally stronger but that's just like I said with every other fighter sometimes you gotta deal with that adversity this fight wasn't anywhere near as bad as Gamboa Vs. Crawford If you'd think it was comparable.

Comment

• I thought Kell won rounds 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post

Did you ignore the actual ending of the fight? C'mon man...Brook's eye being damaged stopped this fight.
                    No, I didn't miss it.

Yes, his eye being damaged unfortunately stopped the fight.

What does this have to do with what I said?

If you go back and find my running scorecard, I had GGG ahead by only a round. I was giving full credit and happy Brook was fighting his fight for the majority of the time. It was a BS stoppage regardless of the eye imo.

So again, what is your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Let's see. You've been here since 2015 and you think I'm a fanboy?

You would struggle to find more unbiased posters on here than me and you know it.

And pages ago, you were willing to eat crow about this fight, and now you change your stance and want to throw away that respect?

How hard is it to just admit you were wrong about the outcome of the fight and just chalk it up as a L and say "good fight"?

You don't even refute anything I said, either. So, again, did you ignore the post fight interviews? Or did you just not watch them?

Tell me again how I am a fanboy, and of whom? This whole forum knows I am a GGG fan AND a Brook fan. Try again.

You're right, it wasn't because Brook did anything special.

IT WAS BECAUSE GGG WANTED TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE, HE WASN'T RESPECTING HIS POWER, AND HE WANTED TO MAKE IT A STREET FIGHT.

Did you also miss the post fight interviews, or are you choosing to ignore them?

Are you that new to boxing that you can't differentiate between a fighter choosing to be careless on defense, as opposed to actually getting hit when trying to slip and block?

How many times do you need to be reminded that he wants to unify the division first?

Just because I don't go to work today and go to work Monday, does this mean I am scared to go to work? Do you not realized how flawed your logic is?

You used to be a good poster, at one point, not sure what happened with that.
                      I don't even know who you are, I've posted for longer. Why would anyone care?

Comment

Working...
                      X