No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    Brook proved he's an elite fighter but golovkin has to much strength and power for a fighter jumping up two weights.....golovkin went into hyper mode in the 5th round and there's not much brook could have done to stop the onslaught...basically brook done better that any middleweight fighter triple ggg has faced and showed a lot of ability and were saying golovkin looks beatable now....no way ...there's only one way golovkin gets beat and that's with a monster shot on his chin that he don't see.....because sooner or later he will get to you and break you down....simple as that
    Martin Murray almost went 12, and Kell Brook (likely had it not been for the eye socket) was taking Golovkin's shot well enough/doing enough of the little tricks to take the heat off of the shot that it looked like he would've been able to navigate his way through the fight as well.

Heck, were it not for his skin failing him, Gabriel Rosado looked to have enough sheer boxing skill to get through the fight.

Golovkin is there to be outboxed for the majority of the rounds in a twelve round fight (in loading up that mid-range power and stalking, Golovkin leaves space open for someone to fill it in with stuff to win the round), and it's been a heck of a long time since Golovkin was actually able to lay anyone out with a punch.

Comment

• I felt cheated, Kell was in the fight, he would have wanted to fight it out but his corner waved it off, maybe they knew something we didn't and protected their fighter....anyway, I thought GGG would be able to caught Kell in the later rounds and just want to see that moment come to fruition hadn't Kell's corner interfered...disappointed about the stoppage though..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        JRock, Demetrius Andrade, and Erislandy Lara, last I checked, were all still at 154. You add Canelo, Cotto, the Charlo brothers, and the young fighters coming up (Erickson Lubin standing out to me), and you've got a division that could literally be 7/8 deep in top-level fighters.
        It's the deepest division in boxing, and 90% of those fights will be for free! Brook's corner just saved his career! Brook will be a nice addition to the 154lb. division! I'm ready to see Brook vs. Andrade ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
          This ^. Brook has balls of steel taking this fight, too bad some of the top MW's had the same nerve. Maybe Saunders saw enough weakness to possibly step up next?
          not for short money, especially understanding the reality that even Golovkin isn't willing to make any fight where he gets short money

Comment

• Originally posted by carlos djackal View Post
            I felt cheated, Kell was in the fight, he would have wanted to fight it out but his corner waved it off, maybe they knew something we didn't and protected their fighter....anyway, I thought GGG would be able to caught Kell in the later rounds and just want to see that moment come to fruition hadn't Kell's corner interfered...disappointed about the stoppage though..
            I agree to an extent. Because of the eye injury, I felt the stoppage was good. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Kell was very much in the fight. And outside of the first round, he was taking GGG's shots just fine. Accumulation was gonna get him today. But it wasn't like GGG was landing at will. And with two good eyes, Brook can be even better defensively. If GGG isn't gonna fight anybody witha pulse next. I'd love to see a rematch. After Kell heals up of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              IMO Canelo vs GGG would play out similar although it'd be more competitive. Canelo has very good hand speed just like Brook but he'll get tired like Brook and then GGG would steam roll him. Canelo can't fight at a hight pace for 12 rnds.

As for Brook....Errol Spence is going to KO him in his next fight.
              Canelo's stamina is a whole lot better than it was 3 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                I have no desire to see GGG fight any of the current top middleweights. I would however love to see him fight the Ward-Kovalev winner. That would cement his claim as the #1 P4P fighter on the planet.
                Or better yet fight Wlodarczyk at cruiser. This way your dream of GGG losing will finally become a reality. But we both know that you don't care about GGG and would just be happy if he vanishes from the face of Earth so that the fighters you like could claim MW division. But no soup for you! )))

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I agree to an extent. Because of the eye injury, I felt the stoppage was good. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Kell was very much in the fight. And outside of the first round, he was taking GGG's shots just fine. Accumulation was gonna get him today. But it wasn't like GGG was landing at will. And with two good eyes, Brook can be even better defensively. If GGG isn't gonna fight anybody witha pulse next. I'd love to see a rematch. After Kell heals up of course.
                  you must really hate brook

the guy got his face broken

his face will never heal properly

and you want to see him in a rematch?

this was always going to be the outcome, the fight was either going to be stopped by the corner, waved off by the ref or we'd get to see a brutal KO

there is nothing brook could do to win the fight, nothing.

Comment

• Just for perspective. Floyd Mayweather was widely criticized for fighting JMM, a fighter moving up two divisions. Even though he did so basically coming off a two year hiatus. Floyd beat him easily, as expected, and there was little to no excitement from his fanbase.

Conversely, GGG's fanbase is going crazy like beatinf Kell Brook. Brook is a good fighter. But JMM was pretty much top 5 on every P4P list when he fought Floyd. Brook didn't bring those kinda credentials to the ring.

And that's the difference between a truly great fighter. And a hypejob that people simply wanna believe is as great as they think he is. If GGG is truly great, you're not excited nor impressed by his performance today.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      Or better yet fight Wlodarczyk at cruiser. This way your dream of GGG losing will finally become a reality. But we both know that you don't care about GGG and would just be happy if he vanishes from the face of Earth so that the fighters you like could claim MW division. But no soup for you! )))
                      He fought a guy moving up two divisions today. Why can't he do the same?

As for the middleweight division. I couldn't care less about it. It sux.

Comment

Working...
                      X