No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Something is definitely off with Gennady. Since public workout he seems very annoyed - not his usual self. Even know he is kind of pissed off. But he is right about Brook had nothing left after 4. I think Brook's tactic was to jump early and roll the dice.

Yeah, Brook knew he had to do something to get Golovkin's respect early. Unfortunately it backfired because all he proved was that he couldn't do **** to bother Golovkin. Golovkin was content to tire him out and then jumped the second Brook couldn't maintain.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      It's not just about the weight itself, it's about what you are at the weight. Golovkin is a big, powerful guy cutting to middleweight, Kell was a blown up welter that stopped cutting in order to fight at middleweight and Golovkin himself said as much; 'he's not middleweight.'

Brook can make 147, Golovkin can't make 154; that is the size difference.

I wanted Kell to do it, but my position was clear; I believe he's more skilled, but Golovkin's natural size advantage will render that meaningless in the end.

Lara and Canelo are both counter punchers and 154 fighters, that's a totally different match-up in terms of style and size.
      Yeah, GGG was clearly the bigger boned guy, I knew it would show in the ring, height, skull, general frame, he had less "bulk" as in soft tissue (muscle) which shows he doesn't build himself up to the weight, he doesn't need to lift weights like Brook to be a lean 170 pounder unlike Brook.

Brook would be great at 154.

Comment

• What a fight, big respect to Kell. He came to win tonight, but ultimately, never had a chance. I gave him 2 rounds and was surprised by how competitive he was, but we all knew it was only a matter of time before he got broken down.

I still think Spence beats Kell though, Spence is much better than Golovkin on the inside and a better body puncher, although I'm now pretty confident Brook gets the better of Spence on the outside, after watching him match Golovkin on the outside.

At 154, I see Kell winning some and losing some, there's too many talented young fighters in that weight division for Kell to stand out imo. So if he can still make 147, even if it's a struggle, that's where he needs to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
          So if Golovkin wasn't sick did he barely even train?

That was by far the worst I've seen him.

And no it wasn't because Brook did anything special. Even moving around the ring GGG looked like he just got out of bed and was throwing these depressed half-assed left hooks.
          Do you think GGG's performance will finally convince Canelo that he can take him now?

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            Wow...you blind fanboy...

Let's see. You've been here since 2015 and you think I'm a fanboy?

You would struggle to find more unbiased posters on here than me and you know it.

And pages ago, you were willing to eat crow about this fight, and now you change your stance and want to throw away that respect?

How hard is it to just admit you were wrong about the outcome of the fight and just chalk it up as a L and say "good fight"?

You don't even refute anything I said, either. So, again, did you ignore the post fight interviews? Or did you just not watch them?

Tell me again how I am a fanboy, and of whom? This whole forum knows I am a GGG fan AND a Brook fan. Try again.

Originally posted by //// View Post
            So if Golovkin wasn't sick did he barely even train?

That was by far the worst I've seen him.

And no it wasn't because Brook did anything special. Even moving around the ring GGG looked like he just got out of bed and was throwing these depressed half-assed left hooks.
            You're right, it wasn't because Brook did anything special.

IT WAS BECAUSE GGG WANTED TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE, HE WASN'T RESPECTING HIS POWER, AND HE WANTED TO MAKE IT A STREET FIGHT.

Did you also miss the post fight interviews, or are you choosing to ignore them?

Are you that new to boxing that you can't differentiate between a fighter choosing to be careless on defense, as opposed to actually getting hit when trying to slip and block?

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            If those guys are scared, why not move up to fight the Kovalev-Ward winner? Too risky?
            How many times do you need to be reminded that he wants to unify the division first?

Just because I don't go to work today and go to work Monday, does this mean I am scared to go to work? Do you not realized how flawed your logic is?

You used to be a good poster, at one point, not sure what happened with that.
            Last edited by LoadedWraps; 09-10-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Golovkin is so bad.
              Yeah damn, now if just someone would step up and finally expose him right??

Who will it be? Should be easy work, you have to wonder why Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank all dont have the balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                Yeah damn, now if just someone would step up and finally expose him right??

Who will it be? Should be easy work, you have to wonder why Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs and Eubank all dont have the balls.
                If those guys are scared, why not move up to fight the Kovalev-Ward winner? Too risky?

Comment

• Who would not have put out a boxer not showing anything and taking a beating for 2 full minutes after taking another beating the round before....Brook had both arms down and showed a weird behavior while taking the shots... He gave a good 1st and 2nd round, and that was that...

Please don't come with the weak weight excuse... He took the challenge and lost.... big time...Against a 75% GGG that is... Move on now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I'm thinking they were scared to death of looking like Khan. Quit rather than risk the ko.

Ruined an otherwise good fight. Weak.
                    Lmao, your Weak Pu$$y ass has never stepped in a pro boxing ring before and all you can do is shet on boxers who put their lives at risk. First priority of the trainer is to protect the life of the fighter you stupid ass.

Typical internet tough guy talking tough thinking he looks cool

Comment

• Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                      Do you think GGG's performance will finally convince Canelo that he can take him now?
                      No. Canelo and DLH have invested such a multi-layered elaborate ducking program when it comes to GGG it's pretty clear they won't fight him until one of them has already lost as a cash-in.

Sadly if it ever happens it may be an asterisk too little too late fight with age/health questions like Floyd/Manny ended after 6 years of games.

Comment

Working...
                      X