Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Yes very entertaining fight, Brook did well but Golovkin is a machine. Great win for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Golovkin was in cruise control from the beginning until the fight ended.

Andre Ward cannot beat Golovkin. He can't handle that power, and GGG has the best chin in the game atm, would likely walk through Ward.
      GGG barely used his jab, no body movement, no head movement -- just walking through the smaller guy...

Ward? Just wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        And That's why i have zero respect for you and think you're a fanboy...

GGG gets hit and he's throwing caution to the wind....STFU seriously pathetic...

He was getting hit because he has a defense that consists of wide open stance and subpar reflexes...

I don;t know what Kell should do... He can beat GGG and should pursue the rematch but that most likely means never moving back down...
        There are fanboys and you are a hater. Rematch really. Smh

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Sure wish Team GGG felt this way.
          What makes you think they don't? Ward didn't want GGG, it was smoke and mirrors, he says he can't make 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I have it 3-1 for GGG but Brook is definitely in this fight and GGG does look VERY sluggish to me. Brook is wearing down fast though, his face is starting to become a mess.
            I feel even better than I did before about out $100 Canelo-GGG bet.

Comment

• SO many slickster tears in this thread. The butthurt is unreal.

Face it slickster fans. GGG puts in first gear and RUNS over slickness!

Comment

Wow you are incredibly moronic....

I said he took more punishment...

Not that he was hit with harder shots....
                Punishment is getting sent to your room. Getting hit with hard shots makes your corner throw in towel. ******

Comment

And That's why i have zero respect for you and think you're a fanboy...

GGG gets hit and he's throwing caution to the wind....STFU seriously pathetic...

He was getting hit because he has a defense that consists of wide open stance and subpar reflexes...

I don;t know what Kell should do... He can beat GGG and should pursue the rematch but that most likely means never moving back down...
                  No way in hell will there be a rematch

Kell is very skilled and has great heart BUT he was spared from a very bad beating and has no business at MW for the foreseeable future (if ever)

This matchup was also "sold" on hope

That factor isnt in play anymore with the casuals so wont be nearly as marketable next time

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    I'm not a boxer, just a spectator. I understand that GGG doesn't fight everyone the same way. He plowed through Macklin/Geale, but he broke down Stevens/Lemieux. GGG clearly came out from jump street to plow through Brook, and he did just that. His careless approach made for an entertaining scrap but it IS risky and unpredictable **** does happen. He was trying to take the incoming shots on his forehead, but one of those uppercuts could've caused an injury. From what I heard of the post-fight, Abel and GGG didn't seem all that thrilled with the performance, even if that's what GGG set out to do. I simply prefer to watch GGG's performances against punchers/threats, which is why I'm very interested in GGG/Jacobs. I think GGG would go Terminator on Saunders.
                    That very well could be. He really did go all out with caution to the wind. he knew Brook wouldn't hurt him. That hammering jab proved to be too much. If he used that on Saunders, I think it's an early night. Against Jacobs, he'd be more cautious. This was a very different performance, but like you, I don't think there was any exposure. He was just wanting to make a statement by finishing off the smaller good guy quick, which he managed to do. Wasn't pretty but it got the job done.

Comment

• Hopkins made a good observation about GGG "not having the snap on his punches" during the fight, he seemed a little off. Despite that tho, the power was still there, he's heavy handed as fuk.

Comment

Working...
                      X