Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but ggg looked like ***** he got hit waay to clean and often his defense sucks.

Against a much smaller yet better fighter than anybody he's faced made him look b level at best.

Either ggg is slipping already or he's been exposed to an extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR BROOK! View Post
      ggg look gassed!!!!!
      YOU MUST FEEL REALLY DUMB NOW

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Navy"]Your liking has nothing to do with it. The point is he intentionally fought that way and was just looking for that one shot for most of the fight.

So trying to "take something" from it and apply it to him fighting anyone else is stupid and flawed.

Just because a fighter allows certain things to happen in one fight with one fighter doesn't mean jack when fighting another fighter. There are many elements to his game, he is a complete fighter, and he has excellent head movement. Just because he let himself get touched up here doesn't mean he suddenly is some face first brawler. He literally called it a sparring session. Have you sparred before? Do you understand what he means by that?
        I'm not a boxer, just a spectator. I understand that GGG doesn't fight everyone the same way. He plowed through Macklin/Geale, but he broke down Stevens/Lemieux. GGG clearly came out from jump street to plow through Brook, and he did just that. His careless approach made for an entertaining scrap but it IS risky and unpredictable **** does happen. He was trying to take the incoming shots on his forehead, but one of those uppercuts could've caused an injury. From what I heard of the post-fight, Abel and GGG didn't seem all that thrilled with the performance, even if that's what GGG set out to do. I simply prefer to watch GGG's performances against punchers/threats, which is why I'm very interested in GGG/Jacobs. I think GGG would go Terminator on Saunders.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 09-10-2016, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter.......

THats what I said...... And I stand by it ...Brook made GGG look real bad up close...

I would want a rematch...The win was right there for Brook.

He took more punishment in Carson Jones 1 tbh....
          Never heard anyone compare carson jones punching power with ggg.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            I mean, if you truly think GGG "looked bad" because of Brook then we are done here, because it's just no true. I don't want to argue about that, but I will drop an "I told you so" when GGG's next fight rolls around, because he will probably revert back to boxing responsibly depending on who that is.

Brook did have good success here and there, and I expected him too, but some of that success was just because GGG was throwing caution to the wind.

Brook landed some magnificent counters during the fight, but the truth is that in other fights or if GGG chose to not chase a stoppage so hard, he slips many of those shots that landed.

Regardless, I hope Brook moves down to 147 again because he would dominate.

I know it was broken, but that doesn't make it a good stoppage. PLenty of fighters have broken bones early and gone on to give terrific performances through the fight. This isn't the amateurs, this is pro prize fighting.
            And That's why i have zero respect for you and think you're a fanboy...

GGG gets hit and he's throwing caution to the wind....STFU seriously pathetic...

He was getting hit because he has a defense that consists of wide open stance and subpar reflexes...

I don;t know what Kell should do... He can beat GGG and should pursue the rematch but that most likely means never moving back down...

Comment

• Originally posted by All in View Post
              Never heard anyone compare carson jones punching power with ggg.
              Wow you are incredibly moronic....

I said he took more punishment...

Not that he was hit with harder shots....

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Thanks for posting. If Golovkin sticks to his guns at 160, the others really have no choice but to fight him. If he wasn't 34, I don't think anyone would dispute this. Even so, though, I'd think he has 3-4 good years. Are Saunders, Canelo and Jacobs really going to put their careers on hold that long?

Comment

• regardless if brook could beat golovkin in a rematch i dont want to see him risk more punishment against a fighter who is just too powerful for him it would take years of his career going 12 rounds with golovkin

rather he goes back to 147 now if he can and beat the living sht out of thurman garcia and spence thats where he can make his legacy be a shame if we are denied these fights theres too many what if match ups in boxings history as it is

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                    And That's why i have zero respect for you and think you're a fanboy...

GGG gets hit and he's throwing caution to the wind....STFU seriously pathetic...

He was getting hit because he has a defense that consists of wide open stance and subpar reflexes...

I don;t know what Kell should do... He can beat GGG and should pursue the rematch but that most likely means never moving back down...
                    You would want him to pursue a rematch with a fractured orbital bone? I definitely don't recommend that.

Comment

• Originally posted by davef View Post
                      lts a real shame some posters on here are sh^tting on Brook he was outgunned and overpowered and still had moments when he tried to take it to golovkin even if he wasnt hurting him

if golovkin didnt respect him and went for a quick KO does brook not deserve credit for staying on his feet when g was in kill mode? you dont respect fighters who refuse to fight golovkin (and rightly so ) but to not respect a fighter who showed balls and heart to be in with a fighter he had no business sharing the ring with fighting 4 rounds with a broken eye socket and taking punishment yet trying to stay in the fight apart from the last 30 seconds is just pathetic and you wonder why people find it hard to like golovkin when his fan base are like a bunch of b*tchs at a justin beiber concert
                      I'm a Golovkin fan but you're right. Brook showed big balls and talent. He deserves nothing but respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X