No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    And That's why i have zero respect for you and think you're a fanboy...

GGG gets hit and he's throwing caution to the wind....STFU seriously pathetic...
    IN THIS FIGHT specifically, not in all fights.

AND NOT ALL shots landed, just some of them.

That's the problem with you right now, you are too emotionally charged.

Brook put forth a great effort, and many shots would've landed regardless, but not all of them. GGG doesn't always come forward with his hands down without slipping, if you've seen his fights before you'd know that.

It's clear as day if you rewatch the fight later tonight.

You think I am making excuses for him getting hit, i'm not. No one has said he is unhittable. But it's also obvious when you watch the fight that he definitely ate shots and "was ok" with it as a sacrifice of closing the distance and cutting him off.

Comment

• No surprises in the result, but i really enjoyed how Brook really tried to win, he put some nice combinations on GGG, and Golovkin didn't show any kind of respect to Brook's power, i think Brook should move down to 147 and fight Spence, if Spence beats Brook in better fashion than GGG, we are in front of a serious talent.
      Also it's funny how people are talking crap about the performance of Golovkin, of course it wasn't his best performance, but are people crying about the performances of Hagler against Monroe?, or Jones against Griffith?, or Monzon against Valdez ?, or Mayweather against Castillo I (well people is crying about that)?.

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
        SO many slickster tears in this thread. The butthurt is unreal.

Face it slickster fans. GGG puts in first gear and RUNS over slickness!
        He definitely did tonight. If you don't get Golovkin's respect, he doesn't waste time. Just barrels over you with those jackhammer jabs. There was no exposure. Just a serious lack of respect from the bigger fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

You're right, it wasn't because Brook did anything special.

IT WAS BECAUSE GGG WANTED TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE, HE WASN'T RESPECTING HIS POWER, AND HE WANTED TO MAKE IT A STREET FIGHT.

Did you also miss the post fight interviews, or are you choosing to ignore them?

Are you that new to boxing that you can't differentiate between a fighter choosing to be careless on defense, as opposed to actually getting hit when trying to slip and block?
          I'm choosing to ignore them. I've seen fighters who could barely walk to the ring say they're in top condition, and fighters who looked fine jump out of the ring or pretend to go blind. Only what you see really matters. That was the worst GGG I've seen.

Comment

• So...do I win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
              Canelo will beat Lil G
              Yea maybe if he waits 4 or 5 years and GGG is over 40. In the meantime all Canelo will do is give back WBC green belts, he demonstrated to the world the type of coward he is. Anyways GGG has no name or resume compared to Liam Smith hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Comment

• 13 Amir Khan articles incoming on boxingscene in the next few days such as

'i believe i could have taken golovkins punches better than brook'

'brook best not ask me for a fight i will break his eye again'

'has anyone got floyds new number i miss him'

ect

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  IN THIS FIGHT specifically, not in all fights.

AND NOT ALL shots landed, just some of them.

That's the problem with you right now, you are too emotionally charged.

Brook put forth a great effort, and many shots would've landed regardless, but not all of them. GGG doesn't always come forward with his hands down without slipping, if you've seen his fights before you'd know that.

It's clear as day if you rewatch the fight later tonight.

You think I am making excuses for him getting hit, i'm not. No one has said he is unhittable. But it's also obvious when you watch the fight that he definitely ate shots and "was ok" with it as a sacrifice of closing the distance and cutting him off.
                  In a way, there's really something pretty awesome about what Golovkin did. No respect. Walking thought everything. Squashing his opponent. He did try to slick or clever- just brutal. And it worked. Inside of five rounds, Brook had a fractured orbital bone and is bleeding. Golovkin gave the fans what they wanted- big drama show.

At the same time, Brook have a great account of himself. I'd like to see him at 154.

Comment

• I think we need to put this in perspective. Marlon Starling who was not considered the best welterweight in the world and at the tail end of his career was able to muster a majority decision lost against Michael Nunn.

Marlon like Brook went straight from 147lbs to 160lbs and had way more success against Nunn than Brook had against Golovkin.

So we can at least agree Golovkin ranks above Michael Nunn is terms of the Middleweight Division and it's a absolute myth that Welterweights can't jump from 147lbs to 160lbs with some success.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      In a way, there's really something pretty awesome about what Golovkin did. No respect. Walking thought everything. Squashing his opponent. He did try to slick or clever- just brutal. And it worked. Inside of five rounds, Brook had a fractured orbital bone and is bleeding. Golovkin gave the fans what they wanted- big drama show.

At the same time, Brook have a great account of himself. I'd like to see him at 154.
                      Yup, pure savagery. He's a monster. A true badass. It takes a real fighter to say "you know what, I can outbox this guy, but F it, I am going to get my Margarito on and just come forward and throw shots with no regard. He leaves on his shield, or I do".

Comment

Working...
                      X