Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So let me get this straight... According to Golovkin and some of you, fighting Brook was so easy he didn't even utilize any of his skills; he basically went into a street fight... "Just like sparring." And yet he told us that this was his biggest threat to date. Tell me again why am I suppose to get excited about Golovkin? Best EVER???

Comment

• I had no problem with the stoppage. Brook was on the verge of going down. And that eye looked rough in a short amount of time.

Golovkin didn't look his best, but he did use that hammering jab to bust the smaller man up. I think he knew Brook wouldn't be able to hurt him. So he walked straight through him. It wasn't the slickest performance but he did what he had to do.

Now, bring on the middleweights. Surely one of them saw some vulnerability in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        Wow...you blind fanboy...
        No, you blinded hater.

What happened to all that Brook by decision??

GGG started figured Brook defense in two round then beat him with every shots, outjabed him.

He beat him physically but also in the skills department.

Give credit to GGG cuz you thought he was a better man, he lost and couldn't be competitive for more than 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Khan to me looked like a blown up 155lbs fighter you seen Khan looking a bit chubby at 155lbs and this was at the weigh-in!
          When you saw Brook at the weigh-in he made 159.4lbs and he had obliques and visible abdominal all in good shape and by the night of the fight he still didn't look chubby/fat etc he held the weight fairly well.

If you want to say Kell Brook isn't a middleweight you best say he isn't a welterweight either he is in the same position as Erislandy Lara he would easily make 154lbs and he can make 160lbs too which he clearly displayed today but still you don't come weighing in at 170lbs the way he looked if you're too small.

GGG naturally was broader and naturally stronger but that's just like I said with every other fighter sometimes you gotta deal with that adversity this fight wasn't anywhere near as bad as Gamboa Vs. Crawford If you'd think it was comparable.
          Good post! I think Lara vs. Brook would be a very good fight @ 154. Cotto vs. Brook is good too! Brook's corner saved his future!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel1981 View Post
            I don't even know who you are, I've posted for longer. Why would anyone care?

It's not about "caring" about it, it's about paying attention to who posts what. If you are going to call someone a fanboy, you had better have something to back that up with.

I can care less if you know me or not, but if you are going to call me a biased fanboy I am going to set you straight and point you to my posting history where I prove my unbiased nature and knowledge of the sport.

Why you jumped in all of the sudden to make this remark is beyond me

Comment

• Troll mode on....

Look what drained ggg did to kell...imagine him healthy...lol

Nah serious..one hell of a fight as long as it lasted...the stoppage was 1 or 2 rounds earlier..but come one...Kell with hands down was enough for Dominic

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                No, I didn't miss it.

Yes, his eye being damaged unfortunately stopped the fight.

What does this have to do with what I said?

If you go back and find my running scorecard, I had GGG ahead by only a round. I was giving full credit and happy Brook was fighting his fight for the majority of the time. It was a BS stoppage regardless of the eye imo.

So again, what is your point?
                I don't know wtf happened....he must really not have been able to see because Brook was making GGG look like Shawn Porter.......

THats what I said...... And I stand by it ...Brook made GGG look real bad up close...

I would want a rematch...The win was right there for Brook.

He took more punishment in Carson Jones 1 tbh....

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                  No. Canelo and DLH have invested such a multi-layered elaborate ducking program when it comes to GGG it's pretty clear they won't fight him until one of them has already lost as a cash-in.

Sadly if it ever happens it may be an asterisk too little too late fight with age/health questions like Floyd/Manny ended after 6 years of games.
                  You are probably right, he did look a bit off and I wasn't sure if he was allowing those punches to hit him the way he did in the Monroe and Wade fights. It was almost the opposite of the measured approach he used against Lemieux. I know Golovkin said in an interview before the fight that he might try to look weak to lure in other fighters to face him, I'm not sure if this is what happened or not but it seemed as though he had more trouble than any other fight of his that I can recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    No, I didn't miss it.

Yes, his eye being damaged unfortunately stopped the fight.

What does this have to do with what I said?

If you go back and find my running scorecard, I had GGG ahead by only a round. I was giving full credit and happy Brook was fighting his fight for the majority of the time. It was a BS stoppage regardless of the eye imo.

So again, what is your point?

Have to disagree with you on the stoppage, clear as day his socket was broken and his corner knew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      So let me get this straight... According to Golovkin and some of you, fighting Brook was so easy he didn't even utilize any of his skills; he basically went into a street fight... "Just like sparring." And yet he told us that this was his biggest threat to date. Tell me again why am I suppose to get excited about Golovkin? Best EVER???

Because he's exciting to watch?

This is a spectators sports after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X