No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydog View Post
    I'm just sayin that it's much easier to go 12 rounds with Tony Tucker, a bum. It's much easier to go 12 rounds with Tucker than with Frazier, Foreman, or Marciano. Oh, Spinks avoided him? And who the **** is Spinks?
    You are a complete moron if you consider spinks a bum, shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
      exactly lightheavyweight. that doesn't mean that you should tangle with any big, strong heavyweight like tyson. spinks didn't have a chance and the public should have known it. that fight wasn't a true testament of tyson's "greatness", because all he did was beat up on a light hw.
      Many of the old guys fought the great light heavyweights in their era, stop making excuses to **** on tyson. I laugh when all these morons think all the old farts would beat tyson. Tyson was much faster than joe, he had better footwork and head movement. Joe can stay bitter as much as he wants. Realistically his claim to fame is beating ali after the guy took 3 years off. Tyson would have destroyed guys like floyd patterson, jack johnson and ken norton, those are easy ass fights to predict.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
        Some of those who don't give two ****s about those stupid alphabet titles would argue against what you would call "that fact".

When Tyson defeated Michael Spinks for the true and linear claim to the heavyweight championship, he was about a month older than was Floyd Patterson when he first won the heavyweight championship.

Floyd Patterson - (born Jan 4th, 1935 and won the linear championship on Nov 30th, 1956...a month and a few days short of his 22nd birthday)

Mike Tyson - (born Jun 30th, 1966 and won the linear championship on Jun 27th, 1988...a few days short of his 22nd birthday).
        - -As much as we loved Yogi in the day, he's obviously long gone, but had I been around, I'd point out that Mike had to consolidate 4 belt to get to that point, something never needed much less attempted then.

That temporarily KOed DKing from the division as he cleaned out the stink from the Lar era a far cry from beating an ancient Archie for Floyd's title.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -As much as we loved Yogi in the day, he's obviously long gone, but had I been around, I'd point out that Mike had to consolidate 4 belt to get to that point, something never needed much less attempted then.

That temporarily KOed DKing from the division as he cleaned out the stink from the Lar era a far cry from beating an ancient Archie for Floyd's title.
          Tyson had to consolidate 4 belts? Which 4 belts were they?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Comment

- -U can't count that high.

Comment

- -U can't count that high.
                I respectfully asked a question. The least you can do is answer it. What 4 belts did Tyson have to consolidate before fighting Spinks? And why did he have to consolidate them? Was there some sort of stipulation that said he wouldn't be allowed to fight Spinks before garnering those (4) , was it four belts?

Comment

I respectfully asked a question. The least you can do is answer it. What 4 belts did Tyson have to consolidate before fighting Spinks? And why did he have to consolidate them? Was there some sort of stipulation that said he wouldn't be allowed to fight Spinks before garnering those (4) , was it four belts?
                  Maybe Tyson got very fat? Kind of like Queenie when he went on his antipsychotic meds?

Comment

- -Sorry to hear about U illiteracy.

Comment

- -Sorry to hear about U illiteracy.
                      Lol, and you still won't answer the question, will you? What were the 4 belts Tyson had to consolidate before fighting Spinks? And why did he HAVE to do this to get the Spinks fight? You like making off the wall claims and telling outright lies, but you never want to back them up. It's EXACTLY why you're the laughingstock of this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X