No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    he's definitely not too small or weak For Tyson.

The hard part it's the times they fought, boxing is so much different - which era are they both fighting in? Johnson has a bare-knuckle style almost, a lot of grappling and manipulating of shoulders, not to mention 6 oz gloves. Tyson ate a lot to put on weight because he trainers thought he was small. He was small but quick and strong for his size. He could have been 205 with no issue at all, even 200 lbs. It all depends on how he trains. The same goes for Johnson. Tyson just fought Jones at 220 - and hes 54 years old, that tells you right there that he was eating to stay above 210 lbs - as everyone puts on weight with age (look at Jones even, a middleweight was 210 of chub).

Johnson is incredibly strong and fought bigger and stronger guys than Tyson. The problem is, he fought with a different rule set. Johnson can't do what he does with 10 ounce gloves and an attached thumb (this is why Foreman changed his style), Like wise Tyson can't do what he does when a bigger man can grab his shoulders. It's actually incredibly hard to predict, I think Tyson could probably get to Johnson though at some point, I'm just curious how long it would take to actually put a guy like johnson away.
    - -12 yr old 190 lbs knocking out growed men in sparring.

U apples done rotted and need to be sowed.

Comment

Working...
    X