No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Lol, and you still won't answer the question, will you? What were the 4 belts Tyson had to consolidate before fighting Spinks? And why did he HAVE to do this to get the Spinks fight? You like making off the wall claims and telling outright lies, but you never want to back them up. It's EXACTLY why you're the laughingstock of this forum.
    According to the Queen B, you might be a wonderful poster on all manner of subjects, but once the letter "U" is introduced in a word, you become a deranged illiterate?

Its ok, I sometimes get b and d illiteracy, I lie down and it passes.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      According to the Queen B, you might be a wonderful poster on all manner of subjects, but once the letter "U" is introduced in a word, you become a deranged illiterate?

Its ok, I sometimes get b and d illiteracy, I lie down and it passes.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804 View Post
        Most of your predictions are pretty good.Infact just about all of them are Skydog.But Johnson is to small and weak to do anything to Tyson.Johnson was knocked out in 3 rounds by a 170 pound fighter.Johnsons chin was pretty poor.Johnson never faced anybody nearly as explosive as Tyson was.Tyson by knockout when ever he lands a decent punch.
        he's definitely not too small or weak For Tyson.

The hard part it's the times they fought, boxing is so much different - which era are they both fighting in? Johnson has a bare-knuckle style almost, a lot of grappling and manipulating of shoulders, not to mention 6 oz gloves. Tyson ate a lot to put on weight because he trainers thought he was small. He was small but quick and strong for his size. He could have been 205 with no issue at all, even 200 lbs. It all depends on how he trains. The same goes for Johnson. Tyson just fought Jones at 220 - and hes 54 years old, that tells you right there that he was eating to stay above 210 lbs - as everyone puts on weight with age (look at Jones even, a middleweight was 210 of chub).

Johnson is incredibly strong and fought bigger and stronger guys than Tyson. The problem is, he fought with a different rule set. Johnson can't do what he does with 10 ounce gloves and an attached thumb (this is why Foreman changed his style), Like wise Tyson can't do what he does when a bigger man can grab his shoulders. It's actually incredibly hard to predict, I think Tyson could probably get to Johnson though at some point, I'm just curious how long it would take to actually put a guy like johnson away.

Comment

Originally posted by brownpimp88 View Post
          Many of the old guys fought the great light heavyweights in their era, stop making excuses to **** on tyson. I laugh when all these morons think all the old farts would beat tyson. Tyson was much faster than joe, he had better footwork and head movement. Joe can stay bitter as much as he wants. Realistically his claim to fame is beating ali after the guy took 3 years off. Tyson would have destroyed guys like floyd patterson, jack johnson and ken norton, those are easy ass fights to predict.
          well you can't have a double standard then. Frazier flattened Foster, and Rocky beat Ezzard and Moore, 2 of the best light heavies ever.

You gotta remember one thing about Tysons win over Spinks. They waited his ass out. Spinks was off for over a year. Not only was he a light heavy but he was inactive as well. Tyson ran at him from the opening bell. Spinks was basically fed to the lions.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            he's definitely not too small or weak For Tyson.

The hard part it's the times they fought, boxing is so much different - which era are they both fighting in? Johnson has a bare-knuckle style almost, a lot of grappling and manipulating of shoulders, not to mention 6 oz gloves. Tyson ate a lot to put on weight because he trainers thought he was small. He was small but quick and strong for his size. He could have been 205 with no issue at all, even 200 lbs. It all depends on how he trains. The same goes for Johnson. Tyson just fought Jones at 220 - and hes 54 years old, that tells you right there that he was eating to stay above 210 lbs - as everyone puts on weight with age (look at Jones even, a middleweight was 210 of chub).

Johnson is incredibly strong and fought bigger and stronger guys than Tyson. The problem is, he fought with a different rule set. Johnson can't do what he does with 10 ounce gloves and an attached thumb (this is why Foreman changed his style), Like wise Tyson can't do what he does when a bigger man can grab his shoulders. It's actually incredibly hard to predict, I think Tyson could probably get to Johnson though at some point, I'm just curious how long it would take to actually put a guy like johnson away.
            Lets look at precedent first. Holy was supposed to lose to Tyson and get beat into oblivion. What happened? Don Turner trained Holly to unbalance Tyson by pushing at point where balance is very weak... It neutralized Tyson. Johnson was a skilled grappler who knew how to do such things.

Johnson fought off his back leg when convenient. Given his fast feet, and grappling excellence he would be able to brace up for a lot of Tyson's attacks... Watch how Tunney who had skills from the era Johnson fought, dealt with Dempsey, who Tyson emulated in his stylistic approach. This back leg gives a fighter extra visual time to anticipate an attack and counter it.

Tyson obviously also has his fast feet, great head movement (at his best) and his power...

It would be a great match IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              well you can't have a double standard then. Frazier flattened Foster, and Rocky beat Ezzard and Moore, 2 of the best light heavies ever.

You gotta remember one thing about Tysons win over Spinks. They waited his ass out. Spinks was off for over a year. Not only was he a light heavy but he was inactive as well. Tyson ran at him from the opening bell. Spinks was basically fed to the lions.
              I don't think Spinks was ever in a hurry to get in the ring with Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Lets look at precedent first. Holy was supposed to lose to Tyson and get beat into oblivion. What happened? Don Turner trained Holly to unbalance Tyson by pushing at point where balance is very weak... It neutralized Tyson. Johnson was a skilled grappler who knew how to do such things.

Johnson fought off his back leg when convenient. Given his fast feet, and grappling excellence he would be able to brace up for a lot of Tyson's attacks... Watch how Tunney who had skills from the era Johnson fought, dealt with Dempsey, who Tyson emulated in his stylistic approach. This back leg gives a fighter extra visual time to anticipate an attack and counter it.

Tyson obviously also has his fast feet, great head movement (at his best) and his power...

It would be a great match IMO.
                This is an excellent post!

Comment

I don't think Spinks was ever in a hurry to get in the ring with Tyson.
                  No, but that payday must have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    No, but that payday must have been nice.
                    For 13.5 million I'd let Queenie hit me in the face with a baseball bat. I'm sure it wouldnt do nearly the damage a Tyson punch would do, but you have to draw the line somewhere! ��

Comment

For 13.5 million I'd let Queenie hit me in the face with a baseball bat. I'm sure it wouldnt do nearly the damage a Tyson punch would do, but you have to draw the line somewhere! ��
                      F'n A dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X