Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way Frazier shows that he has chin at the end of Manilla. He was taking a hell of a beating, but still throwing some good punches and never fell. That's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
      I never said there wasn't. I just said Tyson would underestimate Joe's right hand like Quarry did. Hell, many people did. Many said "He's got a good left hook and that's it." But his right hand was killer. He nails Quarry with a right and it opens Quarry's eyebrow wide open. Just because Joe had the best left hook in boxing doesn't mean his right wasn't good.
      I understand what your saying. But anyone could open up Quarrys eyebrow, anyone. He bled more than any other fighter i know.

Tyson was never fazed by a single punch, and i doubt Fraziers weakest punch could faze Tyson.

Comment

No doubt that Frazier could KO Tyson, he had tons of power, more than enough if he connected flush.

YOu can't get up 6 times if your dead, heart of not. Joe Frazier had a Skull 2x as thick as a normal persons, his chin was genetically awesome, unlike Tyson's which was just good, Frazier's was the best.
        Yes Joe showed alot of heart by getting up those 6x, Tyson would be out cold, his chin doesn't even compare to Frazier's, even though Tyson's chin is still good, its hard to Flash KO him.

There seriously wasn't anyone to faze him then I think, he still fought some hard hitters, certainly no punchers though.

Comment

Frazier had a better chin and heart than Tyson easily. Bonavena was considered a very dangerous power punching knockout fighter. Foreman, most likely the strongest heavy ever. Ali has how many Ko's and did he ever knock out Frazier?

Tyson's is above average chin but weak heart and little determination. I mean Tyson was a sprint fighter from round 1 to 4 and would rapidly slow down after. I don't think against top 10 heavies you can win a fight in 4 rounds.

Tyson was the YOUNGEST HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. People don't remember that fact. If they took more time with Tyson and Tyson didn't peak and burn out so quickly, Tyson's career would be clearer. He had a lot of stuff happening outside the ring that was extermely distracting that i think ruined his career. Robin Givens and Don King to point fingers

Comment

King!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSESS!!!!!! >

Comment

Originally posted by ricecrispi
              Tyson was the YOUNGEST HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. People don't remember that fact.
              Some of those who don't give two ****s about those stupid alphabet titles would argue against what you would call "that fact".

When Tyson defeated Michael Spinks for the true and linear claim to the heavyweight championship, he was about a month older than was Floyd Patterson when he first won the heavyweight championship.

Floyd Patterson - (born Jan 4th, 1935 and won the linear championship on Nov 30th, 1956...a month and a few days short of his 22nd birthday)

Mike Tyson - (born Jun 30th, 1966 and won the linear championship on Jun 27th, 1988...a few days short of his 22nd birthday).

Comment

how can u hate on tyson so much jus because when tyson came in the scene there wasnt n e supertars that doesnt mean hes not is it his fault that no 1 had the status that he had nope. and im my opinion joe was to slow. yes he bobbed and weaved to get in but a one two from tyson would slow that down and some1 said tyson doesnt body punch thats a lie u guys r suppost to compare to primes not when there already shot fighters and n e 1 that saw tysons fights n the 80s knew he went to the body and with his chin he was already starting to fade away when he fought buster and before that he never got hurt so how the **** can u guys compare chins if he never got hurt in his prime come on guys its common since. o yeah and forman yes hes a really hard puncher but also slow and wide when punching u can see what hes goin to do before he does it jus look at ali forman fight. tyson would of pin pointed his shots and ended it with crushin body shots in the 7th cause georges stamina was horrible he was used to knockin ppl out early thanx to his brute strength. and tyson never tired in his prime look at tony tucker vs. tyson fight joe or forman couldnt last that long for 12 rounds with the same speed and intensity so now.

Comment

Tysons chin was getting worse when he was 23 huh ?But for some reason Foreman could still take punches from Briggs when he was 48?Tyson wasnt hurt before you fought Douglas?Your point is?Who exactly did he fight?How many of those fighters actually tried to hit Tyson?Lol Foreman is slow and then you bring up the Ali fight.Ali is a legend kid.Douglas is a bum and he kicekd Tysons ass.I would rather lose to Ali then be clowned by Douglas.
                  Foreman was 45-2 with 42 knock outs moron so if he was so easy to dodge then more than 3 fighters would of went the distance with him.Foreman was slow but yet Norton wasn't able to get out of the second round with Foreman but he was able to make Ali miss alot more than he made Foreman miss.
                  Tyson would of knocked Foreman out with a body shot?Kid before you make post make sure you know what you are talking about .When Tyson can knock out Douglas then you can talk about him being in the same ring as Foreman.Foreman has worse stamina than Tyson?Only if you are hooked on Tyson and want him to bang you in the butt.AGAIN FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME FOREMAN GOT TIRED IN 2 FIGHTS OUT OF THE 81 HE HAD IN HIS CAREER.TYSON WAS TIRED ALOT MORE THAN THAT.GETTING TIRED IN 2 FIGHTS MEAN NOTHING.Tyson was afraid to fight the old slow weaker nicer Foreman.Tyson has a ***** of a time trying to get pass Douglas jab.Foremans jab better.Tyson had a hard time dealing with Douglas power and the other 4 guys that stopped him.Foreman hits alot harder.Tyson would blow Tyson out.So would Frazier.So would Lyle,Tya,Bowe,Ibeabuchi,Vitali Klitchko ect ect ect.Tyson has plenty of **** on this dick child he doesn't need another.

Comment

Tyson was rocked noticably a couple of fights before facing Douglas, when after Mike missed with a wild left hook in the very first round, Bruno responded by landing his own left hook which buckled Tyson's legs and forced him to grab on while he cleared his head...Tyson WAS hurt/rocked before facing Douglas, and the video evidence is there for all to see.

Comment

Absolutely, Tyson was rocked by Frank Bruno, a very hard punching, if not entirely skilled heavyweight. In that sense he is like a Ron Lyle or an Ernie Shavers. I dont know who it was, but it may have been Tommyhearns...this guy does not know what he is talking about. His posts are rambling without a solid point while his supporting evidence is shakey.

For a knowledgable poster who disagrees with me, look to Yogi. The guy at least puts thought into what he writes and is able to support it intelligently. I may not always agree, but I can respect his points.

By the way, Tyson had an excellent chin. There is no other way to descibe it. Douglas beat on his ass for 10 rounds! Tyson put up hardly an defense. He was hit at will with the 1-2. It was a sad display to see a fighter of Tyson's former caliber so undisciplined and unprepared.

And to those of you who say Tyson never fought anyone...reality check: the 80s had a large supply of talented fighters. The problem was they did not have a person unifying the titles (something earlier greats didnt have to worry about). Holmes should have, but didnt. The 1980s was a strong decade with quality fighters. What makes them pale to the 1970s was that the fighters did not seem to have as much interest in unifying as they should have. But the decade was filled with big and skilled guys. Bigger guys than the 1970s. Think about it, Foreman was a monster at 6'4" and 225 lbs during his prime. Tyson fought several guys of similar size (and more actual skill). While Foreman is an all-time great (probably #4 or #5) he was sorely lacking in skill. I feel Tyson could have exploited this. Tyson, during his prime, employed angles better than Frazier did. His lateral footwork was impressive and his defense was much better than Joe's was.

Comment

Working...
                      X