Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he would take Frazier and Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Muchmoore View Post
      Im going to have to go with Tyson over Frazier. Joe was an extremely slow starter, which was evident in both Foreman fights, and Frazier-Bonavena 1. Tyson, is a VERY fast starter, which is evident in his 22 knockouts in the first round.

For his fight with Johnson, Johnson was a very good fighter, and perhaps the best defensive heavyweight ever, but he didnt have a great chin and was stopped to my knowledge (on the flip side, he fought about 105 times) Tyson comes out throwing punches with bad intentions and hurts and dropps Johnson early in the first round and again in the third. Tyson continues to dominate going into the 8th, where Johnson starts to take control. But Tyson had won enough early rounds to take the UD.

About his fight with Foreman, i see Tyson stopping him in 7. While a young Foreman had a granite chin, power, and heart, he left himself open quite often, and i see Tyson knocking him out with counterpunches.

boy you don't know a goddamn thing about boxing

Comment

Id pick Tyson over Frazier, Tyson is heavier, faster and lets fly with BOTH hands. Ive got all the respect in the world for Smokin Joe but i pick Tyson. Frazier had a HUGE heart but in his prime there was nothing wrong with Tysons heart, he luved to fight, whenever he got buzzed he came blazing back, even in the Douglas fight he pulled out a KD. His heart just wasnt in it later in his career, as he himself has said. Also Tyson had a far better defence

Johnson, only seen bits and bobs of the guy so i cant really say too much but i think Tyson or Frazier flatten him! But like i say i havent seen much of him really.

Foreman - now i could make a case for Mike winning this, what with Foremans wild swings and Tysons excellent defence but i pick Foreman by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
          Id pick Tyson over Frazier, Tyson is heavier, faster and lets fly with BOTH hands. Ive got all the respect in the world for Smokin Joe but i pick Tyson. Frazier had a HUGE heart but in his prime there was nothing wrong with Tysons heart, he luved to fight, whenever he got buzzed he came blazing back, even in the Douglas fight he pulled out a KD. His heart just wasnt in it later in his career, as he himself has said. Also Tyson had a far better defence

Johnson, only seen bits and bobs of the guy so i cant really say too much but i think Tyson or Frazier flatten him! But like i say i havent seen much of him really.

Foreman - now i could make a case for Mike winning this, what with Foremans wild swings and Tysons excellent defence but i pick Foreman by KO.

Tyson never came back in a bout that he got hurt in. His heart wasn't nearly as good as Marciano's, Ali's, Holmes, Frazier's or a lot of other former Heavyweight Champions.

I the beginning of his career, most of his opponents lost before they came into the ring.

Frazier would stand a good chance of beating him and the longer the bout would go, the better chance he would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog View Post
            Like I explained earlier, Tyson would underestimate Joe's right hand like Quarry did in their second fight. And Joe punished Quarry with that right hand. Tyson would realize that the right hand is doing a hell of a lot of damage, and would cover up the right side more, leaving some room for the deadly hooks to come in.
            how do you know what tyson would or woulnt do?

its all just guess work.......

tyson was just as strong as joe and faster too,plus mike had his danger punches too his uppercut for a start, and im sure he would be able to land it in such a close quarters fight.........
            it could go either way........would be a dream match up

Comment

Originally posted by micky_knox View Post
              how do you know what tyson would or woulnt do?

its all just guess work.......

tyson was just as strong as joe and faster too,plus mike had his danger punches too his uppercut for a start, and im sure he would be able to land it in such a close quarters fight.........
              it could go either way........would be a dream match up

That I agree with! For the 1st several rounds, it would be anyones fight.

Frazier was a great puncher, as was Tyson. If the bout got into the mid to late rounds, I would favor Smoking Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                That I agree with! For the 1st several rounds, it would be anyones fight.

Frazier was a great puncher, as was Tyson. If the bout got into the mid to late rounds, I would favor Smoking Joe!
                yea i cant disagree with that
                the longer it went on the more it would swing in joes favour.....

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog View Post
                  Like I explained earlier, Tyson would underestimate Joe's right hand like Quarry did in their second fight. And Joe punished Quarry with that right hand. Tyson would realize that the right hand is doing a hell of a lot of damage, and would cover up the right side more, leaving some room for the deadly hooks to come in.
                  The Johnson comparison is taken from one of my old articles!! LOL!!!

Sweet!!!! I'm truly honored Skydog.

...would have have been nice if you'd given me some credit, though.

Comment

I mean, seriously. I don't mind you citing me; but it's akin to plagerism if you take credit for someone else's work, man......and I can prove #'s 1-5 are mine....word for word.

Not trying to raise a fuss. I'm glad you agreed with my predictions; but give a brother some credit, kay.

I'd post a link to prove it; but it's on another website...and I don't want to advertise for someone else on boxingscene...but you know I'm on the level, here.
                    Last edited by K-DOGG; 12-26-2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                      Tyson never came back in a bout that he got hurt in. His heart wasn't nearly as good as Marciano's, Ali's, Holmes, Frazier's or a lot of other former Heavyweight Champions.

I the beginning of his career, most of his opponents lost before they came into the ring.

Frazier would stand a good chance of beating him and the longer the bout would go, the better chance he would have.
                      Im not saying it was, im saying there was nothing wrong with his heart In His Day! People forget what a fighter he was, He got buzzed by Bruno and came swinging back, smith, Tucker, Douglas. Not sayin his heart was bigger than Joe's, it probably wasnt but when he still luved the sport there was nothing wrong with his own heart! Yeah ur rite tho the fight would favour Joe the longer it went on.

Comment

Working...
                      X