Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Because it's terrible business, dumbfcuk. Even Haymon for all his bad business has never dropped half as much for a fight his guy has little chance of winning, and even less confidence. It's beyond irresponsible. Networks don't give money to such clowns.
    Showtime has already made it clear that they're interested in the matchup, Daniel Jacobs is currently the prime name under Haymon/Showtime at 160lbs, and BSE has hitched their wagon to pushing Daniel Jacobs as the marketing face of Barclays Center.

You add that Daniel Jacobs is the bigger, stronger longer fight, can box/scrap and has dynamite in both hands (why folks think he has "little chance of winning" is beyond me), and there's no sense in continuing to put the fight off.

What is this "bad business" nonsense anyway? Do you honestly not think that Lou DiBella could sell out Barclays Center with Golovkin-Jacobs on the marquee? lol

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
      I went from loving the possibility of this fight to not even caring is it gets made or not. I don't care who's fault it is. It's bs like this that makes the sport of boxing look bad. This fight ain't happening if it does I'd be surprised.
      When crooks run the show, this is the end result. Boxing is seriously the worst when it comes to corruption. The fed got involved when baseball players were juicing, but IMO the corruption and nepotism that runs rampant in a sport like Boxing, which our country and many others were greatly built in, is a much much larger problem.

Comment

Because it's terrible business, dumbfcuk. Even Haymon for all his bad business has never dropped half as much for a fight his guy has little chance of winning, and even less confidence. It's beyond irresponsible. Networks don't give money to such clowns.
        Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          It does not matter how much Loeffler offers Jacobs. He will lowball him, everyone knows that. G doesn't want this fight; especially right now. Jacobs will refuse the Loefflers "offers" and it will go to a purse bid. That means the automatic cut would be for the champ (or "Super Champ") gets 75% and the challenger gets 25%.

Haymon will win the bid, and will win the right to have the fight on whatever network he wants to, which will not be HBO. G will then vacate his belt unless he can talk the WBwhatever into letting him keep it and only fight bums. Jacobs isn't elite, but he is better than anyone G has fought as pro.

When G vacates, remember you heard it from me first!
          I'm not seeing how you come to the conclusion that Golovkin 'doesn't want the fight' based upon the actions of K2. It looks more like you're approaching the situation with a set of preconceptions and then trying to interpret the facts to fit in with that belief. How would delaying the fight through protracted negotiations further the aim of not fighting Jacobs? Why not just offer 25%, refuse to budge and then call for an early purse and stick with it. Why request an extension to negotiations once it became apparent that the Dec 10th date was not going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            That was on HBO's dole, HBO guy Ward was the prohibitive favorite, and this will cost way more. Showtime would be paying 20% their annual budget to promote HBO's guy. That's laughing stock material.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              I don't follow. Haymon didn't bid on Ward - La Bomba and Rodriguez wasn't a mando. The situations do have some parallels in that Haymon has leverage to demand a higher purse due to the HBO fighter having a shortage of good potential opponents, and in the case of La Bomba - Ward used that to get an extra $500k for the challenger.

Comment

That was on HBO's dole, HBO guy Ward was the prohibitive favorite, and this will cost way more. Showtime would be paying 20% their annual budget to promote HBO's guy. That's laughing stock material.
                Yeah this makes no sense to me either, especially after SHO will have just shelled out some pretty big $s on their winter season. I mean yeah, it's possible SHO might think they could make money on a Golovkin - Jacobs PPV but TBH I think given the current dismal status of PPV that would require some very optimistic projections.

No, my take is much more straightforward. Both sides want the fight - GGG needs a decent opponent (and to take care of his mando), Jacobs has nowhere else to go if he wants a decent payday at MW and I'm sure Danny at least believes he can win. My take is that the hold up has been all about Haymon and SHO not wanting a Golovkin - Jacobs fight conflicting with the major fights over the forthcoming months. The planning for the winter season must have been underway even before the Golovkin - Jacobs mando was announced. Indeed it's entirely likely that Jacobs was to have been one of the guys kicking it off - remember Jacobs' talking about Barclays on Dec 10 immediately after the Mora fight? When it became apparent that Jacobs was the mando for GGG it can't have taken Al too long to figure that this gave him considerable control over the scheduling ... after all GGG couldn't fight anyone else without WBA dispensation. All he had to do was drag out negotiations until the Dec 10th date was missed. In my scenario K2s call for the early purse bid was a last ditch effort to get the fight on that date, but was stymied by Haymon / Jacobs requesting the purse adjustment (I believe the principal aim was stalling for time, though of course the 40% would have been a great result for them). A coupla days later Loeffler unbooks MSG. Coupla days after that Charlo - J-Rock is announced. IDK - it seems like a reasonable narrative to me.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  I thought Loeffler was working on the Jacobs fight??? Now he's offering GGG to fight Canelo??? Damn!!! He's on CRACK if he thinks they're going to get the much... Just take their $10,000,000 which is VERY fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Yeah this makes no sense to me either, especially after SHO will have just shelled out some pretty big $s on their winter season. I mean yeah, it's possible SHO might think they could make money on a Golovkin - Jacobs PPV but TBH I think given the current dismal status of PPV that would require some very optimistic projections.

No, my take is much more straightforward. Both sides want the fight - GGG needs a decent opponent (and to take care of his mando), Jacobs has nowhere else to go if he wants a decent payday at MW and I'm sure Danny at least believes he can win. My take is that the hold up has been all about Haymon and SHO not wanting a Golovkin - Jacobs fight conflicting with the major fights over the forthcoming months. The planning for the winter season must have been underway even before the Golovkin - Jacobs mando was announced. Indeed it's entirely likely that Jacobs was to have been one of the guys kicking it off - remember Jacobs' talking about Barclays on Dec 10 immediately after the Mora fight? When it became apparent that Jacobs was the mando for GGG it can't have taken Al too long to figure that this gave him considerable control over the scheduling ... after all GGG couldn't fight anyone else without WBA dispensation. All he had to do was drag out negotiations until the Dec 10th date was missed. In my scenario K2s call for the early purse bid was a last ditch effort to get the fight on that date, but was stymied by Haymon / Jacobs requesting the purse adjustment (I believe the principal aim was stalling for time, though of course the 40% would have been a great result for them). A coupla days later Loeffler unbooks MSG. Coupla days after that Charlo - J-Rock is announced. IDK - it seems like a reasonable narrative to me.
                    Good post. Sounds logical and much better than the usual "guy doesn't want it" post.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      what you just said is..... Golovkin has an excuse to NOT make Jacobs a reasonable offer

I guess that explains Golovkin's resume.... because after all, he doesn't need to take risky fights I suppose
                      Lol. GGG doesn't need an excuse ... he's the champion.

The WBA have ruled that 25% is a fair cut for Jacobs, and Loeffler has already offered him more than that. So what's Danny's excuse for pissing about asking for interim fights instead of fighting for 3 world titles when he gets his chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X