Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Showtime has already made it clear that they're interested in the matchup, Daniel Jacobs is currently the prime name under Haymon/Showtime at 160lbs, and BSE has hitched their wagon to pushing Daniel Jacobs as the marketing face of Barclays Center.

You add that Daniel Jacobs is the bigger, stronger longer fight, can box/scrap and has dynamite in both hands (why folks think he has "little chance of winning" is beyond me), and there's no sense in continuing to put the fight off.

What is this "bad business" nonsense anyway? Do you honestly not think that Lou DiBella could sell out Barclays Center with Golovkin-Jacobs on the marquee? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      You got it backwards.

The MW that fought a WW...that's the guy that doesn't want it.
      Then Jacobs should sign for the fight and stop all the bull crap and talk about fighting GGG. Jacobs doesn't want to fight GGG ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Haymon and Loeffler need get it together and stop playing
        Yes I agree. To me it is in the promoters' best interest to get this fight made, because both fighters lose value if they don't fight (Jacobs more than GGG). If Jacobs doesn't step up, he might as well retire as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Look at this dumb mofo...
          Your becoming a nuisance, something of a waiter there's a fly in my soup issue!

Comment

Just pointing out the reality; K2 has had nearly three months to close a deal, and they're still left empty-handed with a day to go to the bids that they've openly avoided since their one bluff.

Daniel Jacobs and his camp aren't running anywhere; hope you realize that soon
            Yes I see that. I don't have a set of pom poms and a skirt for ggg. I've been wanting this to go to purse bid so we can see k2, hbo or someone else outbid Danny's team

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              -December 6th

October 18th. [Ring]

October 4th.

Wow, great post! Jacobs might as well retire if he slips out of this fight

Comment

And if Golovkin vacates the belt, what do you say then?
                I personally will **** all over him if he vacates. Tell HBO to go Fu*k themselves and fight on showtime. I like GGG but won't defend vacating the title under any circumstance.

Comment

Both guys need this fight.......

GGG needs this fight as a bargaining chip against Canelo and Jacobs needs this fight to become a superstar. Get it done fellows.

Comment

Look at this dumb mofo...
                    I guess I'm dumb too. I think Lemieux would ice Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      That was on HBO's dole, HBO guy Ward was the prohibitive favorite, and this will cost way more. Showtime would be paying 20% their annual budget to promote HBO's guy. That's laughing stock material.
                      lol. If HBO is already resigned to putting Golovkin-Jacobs on PPV, what makes you think that Showtime wouldn't also consider that path?

You add the fact that Showtime would then easily have at least 3 months to market the fight (Say goodbye to that March 18th date, as Showtime would be under their own time window), leading to some of those allegedly Golovkin fans even briefly picking up the channel to follow the fight build, and you're drastically overstating the amount of money that it'd cost Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X