Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, this is bulls**t. I'm not one of those dingbats that go around claiming everyone is scared of GGG, but I do think these guys all understand the probability of getting KO'd and their career trajectory being derailed is extremely high and want compensation for it.

That being said, they all want money that just ain't there to be had. Say what you want about Loeffler, but the guy runs his business correctly. We just saw on Nov. 19, a $7M purse (main event only) and the gate only did $3M. Who knows what the PPV revenue was but the undercard and total expenses I believe put that whole promotion in the red.

There is not huge money to be had....but there is good money to be had. Sign the fight Jacobs...FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Fight goes to bid and, basically in less than 48 hours, arguably one of the biggest boxing matches possible for NYC becomes available to the open market.

K2 playing on the edges of the money is going to blow up in their face, badly.
      Oh god not this again... I thought we've all established there is no magical 6-7m bid coming.

Comment

only thing Jacobs should be ready for is getting knocked out.. i don't blame him for trying to cash out, he knows what's coming. . the only way for GGG to be challenged is to leave 160, bottom line..nobody beats him there.

Comment

LOL. GGG will KO jacobs in less than 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
            Oh god not this again... I thought we've all established there is no magical 6-7m bid coming.
            Most rational thinking people know that. However, there will be a small group of people who will say GGG ducked Jacobs (lol) because Tom didn't bankrupt his company.

Comment

I went from loving the possibility of this fight to not even caring is it gets made or not. I don't care who's fault it is. It's bs like this that makes the sport of boxing look bad. This fight ain't happening if it does I'd be surprised.

Comment

LOL GGG gonna be brining back nightmares of what them European boys do!

Lol what them Russians do to ya!

Pirog has been haunting Jacobs' dreams... Now enter GGG, who hits twice as hard as Pirog, and is just as accurate... Not quite as awkward and "smooth" as Pirog, but Jacobs will forever be THE SON OF EUROPEAN MEN.

Comment

I pretty much gave up on this fight happening once it got moved off of december 10th. I just don't see it happening at a 75-25 split if it goes to purse bid and I'd be shocked if it doesn't go to purse bid. GGG lost that December date for nothing. BJS doesn't want it any time soon and Canelo is talking about September. Not getting this fight done hurts GGG in the short term unless an Andy Lee type guy steps up to the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    hopefully this fight happens, but looking unlikely now

it will go to purse-bid, Jacobs will vacate

and Tom Loeffler knew that would happen MONTHS ago

Golovkin will fight Heiland next, with stories of b,b,b,but.....
                    You seem to be saying that Loeffler doesn't really want GGG to fight Jacobs, and, in the same breath, criticising him for not being willing to pay Danny enough to lure him into taking the fight.

In what universe does that make sense?
                    Last edited by kafkod; 12-06-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

These brooklyn azzholes just dont quit using GGG name, just sign the contract already!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X