Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    good one..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
      Jacobs should get paid about $200k less than whatever Lemieux got paid. David was a legit champion coming into a unification fight. Jacobs is a Mando bringing nothing but his name to the table.
      It does not matter how much Loeffler offers Jacobs. He will lowball him, everyone knows that. G doesn't want this fight; especially right now. Jacobs will refuse the Loefflers "offers" and it will go to a purse bid. That means the automatic cut would be for the champ (or "Super Champ") gets 75% and the challenger gets 25%.

Haymon will win the bid, and will win the right to have the fight on whatever network he wants to, which will not be HBO. G will then vacate his belt unless he can talk the WBwhatever into letting him keep it and only fight bums. Jacobs isn't elite, but he is better than anyone G has fought as pro.

When G vacates, remember you heard it from me first!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        It does not matter how much Loeffler offers Jacobs. He will lowball him, everyone knows that. G doesn't want this fight; especially right now. Jacobs will refuse the Loefflers "offers" and it will go to a purse bid. That means the automatic cut would be for the champ (or "Super Champ") gets 75% and the challenger gets 25%.

Haymon will win the bid, and will win the right to have the fight on whatever network he wants to, which will not be HBO. G will then vacate his belt unless he can talk the WBwhatever into letting him keep it and only fight bums. Jacobs isn't elite, but he is better than anyone G has fought as pro.

How much do you think Haymon would bid? I wanna say PBC bid 5 million for Wilder and Povetkin and at that price Jacobs is only getting 1.25 mill. It seems like Haymon would have to bid like 8 million to make sure Jacobs would take the fight and I don't see that happening at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          How much do you think Haymon would bid? I wanna say PBC bid 5 million for Wilder and Povetkin and at that price Jacobs is only getting 1.25 mill. It seems like Haymon would have to bid like 8 million to make sure Jacobs would take the fight and I don't see that happening at all.
          You could be right. Either way, this fight isn't happening. Whoever wins the bid will be the only champ for that belt. Whoever has the biggest balls and makes the highest bid wins. G sure isn't going to fight Jacobs. Haymon should just call the bluff and bid high. We will see, but there is zero chance of G fighting someone as good as Jacobs while "waiting" for Canelo. But Jacobs won't fight G unless its more than he can make fighting any MW not named G. Cause other than G, Jacobs is the second best by far.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            As of Tuesday, despite what was being brandied about over the weekend, the bout between WBA middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs) and Daniel Jacobs has not been finalized.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              You're still not making any sense. GGG is the champion and Jacobs is the mandatory challenger. That means that GGG has to fight him if Jacobs wants it.

It DOESN'T mean that GGG's promoter has to lure Jacobs into wanting it. The challenger should be chasing the champion, not the other way round.

what you just said is..... Golovkin has an excuse to NOT make Jacobs a reasonable offer

I guess that explains Golovkin's resume.... because after all, he doesn't need to take risky fights I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                hopefully this fight happens, but looking unlikely now

it will go to purse-bid, Jacobs will vacate

and Tom Loeffler knew that would happen MONTHS ago

Golovkin will fight Heiland next, with stories of b,b,b,but.....
                If Jacobs vacates, how is that GGG's fault? GGG has the three belts, he's the A-side, Jacobs couldn't even sell out HALF of Barclay's, his hometown venue, vs Quillin. Jacobs should have taken what was offered months ago. He's in no position to dictate anything, so if he doesn't take what's offered, it's because he's scared, period, and doesn't want to fight GGG. He's about to get a chance at 3 belts and and a top 5 pound for pound guy... he should be jumping at the chance, whatever the money is. Dare to be great. If he ducks, it's on him.

Comment

Was this before your time, pitiful alt?

‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’ - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-ill-fight-golovkin-canelo-right-money--108136#sthash.zyW4VsHy.dpuf

Comment

You could be right. Either way, this fight isn't happening. Whoever wins the bid will be the only champ for that belt. Whoever has the biggest balls and makes the highest bid wins. G sure isn't going to fight Jacobs. Haymon should just call the bluff and bid high. We will see, but there is zero chance of G fighting someone as good as Jacobs while "waiting" for Canelo. But Jacobs won't fight G unless its more than he can make fighting any MW not named G. Cause other than G, Jacobs is the second best by far.
                    I'll agree with this. I tuned out about a month ago. I say just send it for a purse bid and let the loser vacate and we can all move on. I'd love to see this fight but its not so good that it should be this difficult to put together.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      Let that **** go to purse bid already.
                      Just pointing out the reality; K2 has had nearly three months to close a deal, and they're still left empty-handed with a day to go to the bids that they've openly avoided since their one bluff.

Daniel Jacobs and his camp aren't running anywhere; hope you realize that soon

Comment

Working...
                      X