Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    I'm not seeing how you come to the conclusion that Golovkin 'doesn't want the fight' based upon the actions of K2. It looks more like you're approaching the situation with a set of preconceptions and then trying to interpret the facts to fit in with that belief. How would delaying the fight through protracted negotiations further the aim of not fighting Jacobs? Why not just offer 25%, refuse to budge and then call for an early purse and stick with it. Why request an extension to negotiations once it became apparent that the Dec 10th date was not going to happen?
    What these fools don't understand is that if GGG wanted to duck Jacobs all he had to do was, literally, do nothing.

Jacobs won't fight for 25% and Loeffler is under no obligation to offer him a cent more than than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I'm not seeing how you come to the conclusion that Golovkin 'doesn't want the fight' based upon the actions of K2. It looks more like you're approaching the situation with a set of preconceptions and then trying to interpret the facts to fit in with that belief. How would delaying the fight through protracted negotiations further the aim of not fighting Jacobs? Why not just offer 25%, refuse to budge and then call for an early purse and stick with it. Why request an extension to negotiations once it became apparent that the Dec 10th date was not going to happen?

I'm going off two things. First, at some point in the next 24 months, maybe the next 12, Canelo will move up and fight G at 160. Canelo is sadly the biggest ppv star now, which means thats the biggest fight money-wise. And while I believe G would beat Jacobs, I just don't see someone taking the toughest fight of his career when he will get his payday soon enough if he just doesn't lose in the meantime.

This is why Ward fought, I don't even remember who he fought and Kov fought Chilemba. They were fighting each other next, so they both fought tomato cans. Now with G waiting for Canelo I'm supposed to believe he will take the toughest fight of his career for a fraction of what he will make against Canelo? No disrespect to G, I just don't see any fighter doing that.

Second is history. G has had negotiations with many fighters, and has never come to an agreement with anyone elite. Or even anyone good, maybe not elite, but good like Jacobs.

I don't pay attention to the he said/she said crap in negotiations. Bottom line is I don't trust Hearn to be negotiating in good faith. Maybe g will win the bid and Jacobs might only get a million and Jacobs could walk. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        What these fools don't understand is that if GGG wanted to duck Jacobs all he had to do was, literally, do nothing.

Jacobs won't fight for 25% and Loeffler is under no obligation to offer him a cent more than than that.
        Yeah it seems pretty straightforward to me. What on earth would Golovkin gain from stalling - especially given that time is quite clearly on Danny's side - if he was trying to avoid Jacobs?

Whether Jacobs would or will choose to fight for 25% is a different question, but if they were hoping he'd turn down that figure negotiations would have concluded within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Because it's terrible business, dumbfcuk. Even Haymon for all his bad business has never dropped half as much for a fight his guy has little chance of winning, and even less confidence. It's beyond irresponsible. Networks don't give money to such clowns.
          You're arguing with someone who was convinced Haymon was going to force a purse bid for Golovkin/Wade. And when that didn't happen they tried to spin it like K2 got bent over backwards giving $500k to Wade vs $2mill for Golovkin (20% vs 25% min purse via bid).

And still Haymon only put up $5.1mill for his golden child - Wilder in his purse bid vs Povetikin.

Comment

"We've been ready ever since the talks began about the bout taking place. We're ready mentally, we're preparing, doing a light training schedule right now until we find out what's going on."
            -December 6th

“We haven’t really even started to gear up...
            Rozier would need “at least 10 to 12 weeks” for Jacobs, who holds a secondary title and is Golovkin’s WBA mandatory, to get ready.
            October 18th. [Ring]

October 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by skipwade74 View Post
              Jacobs has no intention of ever fighting GGG. Why for what purpose? To get KO'd in Brooklyn or Vegas. Jacobs is a nice kid who just should be a Will Smith stand in and or just box others not on GGG level. Jacobs knows GGG will KO him.
              You got it backwards.

The MW that fought a WW...that's the guy that doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Jacobs should fight Lemeiux before GGG, needs to get his body ready to take a legitimate middleweights punch or he'll be like a deer in headlights once Golden Goose Gennady unloads his offense!

Jacobs likely will move up to 168

Look at this dumb mofo...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  hopefully this fight happens, but looking unlikely now

it will go to purse-bid, Jacobs will vacate

and Tom Loeffler knew that would happen MONTHS ago

Golovkin will fight Heiland next, with stories of b,b,b,but.....
                  Of course, its all team Golovkin's fault. Jacobs would share no blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    You got it backwards.

The MW that fought a WW...that's the guy that doesn't want it.
                    Bullshit on both parts. They both want the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                      I'm going off two things. First, at some point in the next 24 months, maybe the next 12, Canelo will move up and fight G at 160. Canelo is sadly the biggest ppv star now, which means thats the biggest fight money-wise. And while I believe G would beat Jacobs, I just don't see someone taking the toughest fight of his career when he will get his payday soon enough if he just doesn't lose in the meantime.

This is why Ward fought, I don't even remember who he fought and Kov fought Chilemba. They were fighting each other next, so they both fought tomato cans. Now with G waiting for Canelo I'm supposed to believe he will take the toughest fight of his career for a fraction of what he will make against Canelo? No disrespect to G, I just don't see any fighter doing that.

Second is history. G has had negotiations with many fighters, and has never come to an agreement with anyone elite. Or even anyone good, maybe not elite, but good like Jacobs.

I don't pay attention to the he said/she said crap in negotiations. Bottom line is I don't trust Hearn to be negotiating in good faith. Maybe g will win the bid and Jacobs might only get a million and Jacobs could walk. We will see.
                      Ummm. Yeah I can see that Golovkin might be seen to have a motive for not fighting Jacobs in that context, but that's based on the assumption that they are actually expecting the Canelo fight to happen, which would be kinda naive given the events of the last year or so. It also presupposes that they view Jacobs as a high threat and also that they would or may be willing to sacrifice the belt to avoid that threat in the hope of future returns. That's a lot of assumptions, man. I guess we see how it plays out.

On the second part, well yeah - as you acknowledge it's a matter of perspective I guess - or whom you trust. Simple take though is simply that HBO ain't paying what guys want to get in the ring with GGG, it doesn't have to be a matter of good faith negotiating - no amount of good faith is gonna help matters if the $s ain't there. Struggling to think of history where negotiations have failed due to K2 except perhaps Saunders, and that again was a budgetary issue. Ward was turned down flat, Froch and Maravilla never got off the ground and I've not heard it said that Chavez or Eubank were K2s fault. Canelo? Well there's been plenty written about that and I'm sure you've formed an opinion already, I ain't gonna spend time here expounding on my views.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-07-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X