No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KBRO View Post
    Lol... you're such a moron.. funny how this hugger extraordinaire has better KO ratios than every one of those fighters... he hugs them... then puts them to sleep... a gentleman KO artist. Did Ali HAVE A better winning %... DID he have a better KO%... did he win more rds... did he NOT get put down by an inferior power puncher than Corrie Sanders... part time golfer is STILL the only one to ever legitimately beat a Klitschko... the lack of respect Sanders gets on these forums.. when this guy nearly sleighed both brothers is beyond ridiculous.
    Dude, what are you arguing with me for? I completely agree with you - Wlad is a bonafide ATG. Easily top 5 material, IMO.

A lot of people here like to hype up past heavyweights just because they grew up watching them or something. In reality, modern fighters are superior in every shape, form, and fashion. They'd barely invented color television back in Ali's day, FFS.

They're kidding themselves if they think someone like Mike Tyson would beat someone as slick and talented as Sultan Ibragimov. It just wouldn't happen.
    Last edited by ßringer; 05-23-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Dude, what are you arguing with me for? I completely agree with you - Wlad is a bonafide ATG. Easily top 5 material, IMO.

A lot of people here like to hype up past heavyweights just because they grew up watching them or something. In reality, modern fighters are superior in every shape, form, and fashion. They'd barely invented color television back in Ali's day, FFS.

They're kidding themselves if they think someone like Mike Tyson would beat someone as slick and talented as Sultan Ibragimov. It just wouldn't happen.
      Dude... lose the sarcasm & write what you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Yeah, I wouldn't put much Stock in a post fight interview, but when you keep repeating it over and over before finally deciding to retire, it leaves a sour taste. Now I can understand Lewis retiring. He had earned that right, but the dragging out of the decision and making promises he wouldn't keep doesn't sit well with me.
        Exactly, how anyone can sit there and not call that a duck is beyond me. I mean the guy was due to make a career best payday to fight a guy he just TKO'd. Should have been an easy decision, huh.

The truth is that everybody who cared about him knew he was getting stomped before getting a lucky cut victory and begged him to retire before the WBC stripped him of his belt for not defending it against Vitali in a rematch of a fight where the result was controversial. Simple as that. Anyone who thinks differently is trying to rewrite history to suit their Klitschko hating agenda.

Lennox said numerous times he would do the rematch and then renegged and tried everything he could to get out of the fight and finally retired right before the WBC stripped him for not fighting Vitali again.

Vitali retired Lennox and there's no other way to have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          He's definitely an ATG in my book.

Sure, guys like Louis, Holyfield, Frazier, Foreman, Lewis, and Tyson were exciting as hell to watch during their day, but they also took a ton of abuse. Had they been intelligent like ATG Wlad, they'd have just jabbed and held their opponent like a raving f*ggot until he was so tired he could barely stand and then secured the KO.

Did Muhammad Ali ever get KTFO'd by a part time golfer with 13 losses?

I rest my case.

Wlad.
          Sanders? He beat Wlad when he was 39-2. Ended up 42-4. Underrated fighter who didn't fulfil his full potential. But Ali did lose to someone with an end record of 17 losses, if we can play that game. But rather let's not disrespect fighters.

Comment

Dude... lose the sarcasm & write what you think.
            I'm not being sarcastic. The technology that existed back in the 70s, during the supposed "golden age of heavyweights" was laughable. It only falls to logic that the condition of their athletes was equally laughable.

Modern athletes like Klitschko dwarf the 190-210lbs heavyweights people here seem to idolize. It wouldn't even be a competition. Many of those supposedly great heavyweight champions of yesteryear would struggle or outright lose to more superior modern athletes like Calvin Brock or Alex Leapai.

George Foreman put the "great" Joe Frazier on his ass, what? 6 times?

Guys like Frazier, Foreman, Lyle, and Norton would **** their pants if they had to face a supremely conditioning modern monster like Eliseo Castillo or DaVarryl Williamson.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              first of all...........holyfield is greater then lewis. don't put holyfield in the same category as your average heavyweight (he's obviously a great heavyweight & a freak of nature to do what he's done) both Klitschkos have very weak comp when compared to these 2 guys (vitali being the weakest) do you really think wlad would have As long as a career if he had holyfields schedule or lewis? boxing is not just about being in shape (theres a bunch of in shape guys who take beatings) being in shape is a part of it. it's also the level of comp that you're consistently fighting over and over again........that will break your body down. and if it doesn't. you're just a freak show & you're just one of the very greats. but you could never prove that fighting **** comp............
              I'm sorry, I LOL'd at that!!!!!!!!

Please, stop trolling and go mess around somewhere else. Your crap is so transparent and it's getting annoying.

Either that or you're just one of the biggest idiots this forum has ever seen.

Comment

All that is fine & dandy.... but as soon as his opponents can take his punch... you have no case.. You can have a glass jaw but if most of your opponents are scared to crack it because they will get cracked hard in return... then it's your advantage.

His power & skill protect his jaw from harm.. He doesn't tire anymore & that cost him two of his 3 defeats... so basically unless Corrie Sanders can come back from the dead.... there is no legit way to defeat a Klitschko as he's the ONLY one to ever legitimately defeat one without any asterisks.
                What am I even reading

Comment

• Going by the logic on here, I guess David Haye would beat Joe Frazier, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                    How is Rahman a weak guy? He beat Papa Sanders.
                    No no no to triangle theories.

Comment

• Fans of the klitschkos have got to be some of the most delusional people, not just boxing fans, that I've ever come across. The amount of trying to re write history, pathetic excuses, random irrelevant points.... I could go on and on. I wish I had friends who liked boxing as much as me so I could show them threads like this to laugh at.

Comment

Working...
                      X