No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Ali is what basically got me into boxing but I can't make my decision just yet. I really haven't seen enough of Wlad, yet.

On BoxRec Ernie Terrel is listed the same height as Wlad with a one inch higher reach, but watching the actual fight of I'm not sure if that's true.

I don't know, I think Ali would have to fight Wlad as if he was Roy Jones trying to win his HW title.
    I just don't see what Ali would do against Wlad, considering that Ali himself admitted he is no big puncher and he used the stick and move tactic to win fights. This is sort of Wlad does today, just sort of magnified ten times.

Ali had nothing vs Wlad, basically. Wlad is light footed for a 245 lbs specimen, excellent range, movement, etc. He would jab Ali to death, literally. A great big man beats a great small man. We saw it with Haye, who was as fast as any Ali version.
    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 06-21-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Perhaps Terrel just has a slimmer build.
      Tyson Fury has strong legs compared to Terrel, or the plumber David Price for that matter

Comment

• Just look how stationary those supposedly big bad boys Ali fought in Terrel and Folley were. Just standing there in the middle of the ring while Ali dancing around, they had no movement or jab whatsoever, nothing. It's easy to look the Greatest of all Time with that kind of dead competition, LOL franky!! Replace these bums with Wladimir and rewrite history, folks. It's all on video evidence in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          I never lied about anything I posted here, I believe you said you are a former aba fighter though? What happened to that, Justin?
          I never said i fought in the ABAs - i lost in the qualifiers.

Comment

• Oh, today's the 11 year anniversary of Vitali-Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Mormeck fought Haye when even he was old! I was close to ringside for that fight - and I don't want to make excuses but that wasn't even a proper knockdown. Everybody at ringside knew what happened. Regardless, Haye doesn't have a strong chin anyway - and the two situations are completely different. Mormeck hadn't fought in years when he fought Wlad. He was the reigning champion when he fought Haye

A man who doesn't understand that different fighters peak and age differently is not worth my time. I didn't read the rest of your post.
              Dont worry about not reading the end of my post. The purpose is to show to the rest of the members reading this thread that you're a fanboy and a hater...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                Dont worry about not reading the end of my post. The purpose is to show to the rest of the members reading this thread that you're a fanboy and a hater...
                Out of the two of us, 'Dr Eisenfaust' - I am the fanboy?

Of who exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Klittards STILL don't understand that fighters age and peak differently. I have no idea why. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp.

Fighters like Tyson and Benitez peaked in their 20's. On the other hand, fighters like Holyfield and Hopkins are/were able to fight top competition in their 50's.
                  The Klitschkos still are in excellent condition at their age because they're true professionals. They didn't take drugs like Tyson, or pig theirselves like Lewis. As far as I know, being disciplined and hard-working is a part of boxing!

Comment

Of who exactly?
                    When I have to recognize that a fighter is great, I recognize it. I can#t help it if you're blinded by your frustration!

Comment

Of who exactly?
                      Dr.Eisenfaust has been rocking Sergio Martinez as his avatar for a good while and didn't take it down even after Cotto beat the crap out of him...

Can the same be said about your Davey boy avatar

Comment

Working...
                      X