No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lewishamboy View Post
    I see it more as his jab grab style coupled with his natural distance advantage that protects his jaw. Corrie Sanders had speed and power and wasnt afraid to trade and be hit to get off his own shots. That's all you need to have a good chance at beating Wlad.

Unfortunately David Haye possessed the first two qualities in abundance but crucially not the latter (at HW) due to his chin failing him vs mormeck at CW
    Haye's chin failed him against Mormeck? You mean when he was briefly KD'd?

You didn't think it failed him more when he was legitimately TKO'd against Thompson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Wladimir and vitali collectively haven't lost 4 rounds past the age of 35 and they have both fought much later in age than Lennox but LL lost that many in 6 against Vitali in 6 rounds.
      The same Lennox that stopped Vitali? Are we talking about that one?

Let me see now... do I think Lennox Lewis would have lost four rounds if he'd been fighting the likes of Manuel Charr, Sam Peter, Jean Marc Mormeck and Alex Leapai?

The widsom of the Kliteratti never fails to make me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        What point are you trying to make?
        You act like lewis proved his greatness at 37 well then you should give the klitschkos some props what they have done and wlad continues to do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Let me see now... do I think Lennox Lewis would have lost four rounds if he'd been fighting the likes of Manuel Charr, Sam Peter, Jean Marc Mormeck and Alex Leapai?

Was sam peter so much worse than hassim rahman? I mean really. He flat knocked lewis out when he was 35. That wasnt even and old lewis according to the klitschko haters. He suddenly got old right between the tyson and vitali fight, remember? And yea we are talking about the same Lewis who vitali hit 156 times in 6 rounds. Most of his career btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by lewishamboy View Post
            I see it more as his jab grab style coupled with his natural distance advantage that protects his jaw. Corrie Sanders had speed and power and wasnt afraid to trade and be hit to get off his own shots. That's all you need to have a good chance at beating Wlad.

Unfortunately David Haye possessed the first two qualities in abundance but crucially not the latter (at HW) due to his chin failing him vs mormeck at CW
            Yep... thing is Corrie Sanders trusted his speed & power & he had the southpaw stance. He almost .. well he did get to Vitali several times... Vitali could take the shots & make the adjustment... Wlad couldn't

People here all sleep on Corrie... but there's a reason he's the ONLY one to really sleigh a Klitschko & that was his RARE combination of speed & power coming from the southpaw stance. Haye was scared shetless to get hit & therefore only lunged at Klitschko for the most part & played defense almost exclusively the entire bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Don't fool yourself... Lennox does lose many more rds vs Klitschko opposition.

He went the distance plenty of times vs shet opposition & got a few gift decisions vs Holyfield & Mercer. He also did not have the Klitschko jab to dominate rds... yes he beats all of them but with less rds won.. getting the same stoppage rate is debateable.

Comment

• He's definitely an ATG in my book.

Sure, guys like Louis, Holyfield, Frazier, Foreman, Lewis, and Tyson were exciting as hell to watch during their day, but they also took a ton of abuse. Had they been intelligent like ATG Wlad, they'd have just jabbed and held their opponent like a raving f*ggot until he was so tired he could barely stand and then secured the KO.

Did Muhammad Ali ever get KTFO'd by a part time golfer with 13 losses?

I rest my case.

Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBRO View Post
                  Don't fool yourself... Lennox does lose many more rds vs Klitschko opposition.

He went the distance plenty of times vs shet opposition & got a few gift decisions vs Holyfield & Mercer.
                  The Mercer fight I can see you possibly scoring for Mercer or scoring it a draw, but Holyfield? Seriously?

Lennox clearly beat the living **** out of Evander in both bouts and the first fight being scored a draw is widely considered one of the worst decisions of the last 20 years.

I realize that Klitschko fans are quite adept at playing the role of revisionist historian, but this is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard somebody say.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    He's definitely an ATG in my book.

Sure, guys like Louis, Holyfield, Frazier, Foreman, Lewis, and Tyson were exciting as hell to watch during their day, but they also took a ton of abuse. Had they been intelligent like ATG Wlad, they'd have just jabbed and held their opponent like a raving f*ggot until he was so tired he could barely stand and then secured the KO.

Did Muhammad Ali ever get KTFO'd by a part time golfer with 13 losses?

I rest my case.

Wlad.
                    Lol... you're such a moron.. funny how this hugger extraordinaire has better KO ratios than every one of those fighters... he hugs them... then puts them to sleep... a gentleman KO artist. Did Ali HAVE A better winning %... DID he have a better KO%... did he win more rds... did he NOT get put down by an inferior power puncher than Corrie Sanders... part time golfer is STILL the only one to ever legitimately beat a Klitschko... the lack of respect Sanders gets on these forums.. when this guy nearly sleighed both brothers back to back is beyond ridiculous.
                    Last edited by KBRO; 05-23-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                      The Mercer fight I can see you possibly scoring for Mercer or scoring it a draw, but Holyfield? Seriously?

Lennox clearly beat the living **** out of Evander in both bouts and the first fight being scored a draw is widely considered one of the worst decisions of the last 20 years.

I realize that Klitschko fans are quite adept at playing the role of revisionist historian, but this is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard somebody say.
                      Go rewatch the second bout... Holyfield landed the harder shots & had Lewis staggering in the 7th rd. Lewis got the decision because of his pitty pat jabs towards the end of the bout when Holyfield was less active. The decisions for both bouts at the vey least should've been reversed.. Second bout a draw & first fight unanimous for Lewis... makeup call if I ever seen one.. Holyfield took it to Lewis in the sequel.

Comment

Working...
                      X