No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Can't a guy prefer one fighter over the other WITHOUT it having to do with race?
    Originally posted by Freedom2014
    Yes.

But some people show a consistent bias.
    I have never witnessed a better definition of irony than this gem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      I have never witnessed a better definition of irony than this gem.

I'd say it's more hypocrisy than irony.

Comment

I'd say it's more hypocrisy than irony.
        Both pal.

Of all people, him having the temerity to post that just beggars belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          What if Louis said he'd give a rematch, repeating it over and over? And then saying no, but if you beat so and so, THEN I'd grant a rematch. Marciano then does that and then about a year after their first fight, Louis says no. I'm retiring.

What would you then call Louis's move?
          it still wouldn't matter because in the heat of the moment you can say anything (it's a fight) especially when networks, media is pressuring for a rematch. after A fight can say anything.......over the course of time when you sit down and think it out you have a better mind. you're more logical. (that has nothing to do with ducking) this is pre school stuff...........

and getting back to the fact, lewis is at the tale end of his career anyway.....so it wouldn't matter ether way for me because i see A fighter regardless who's at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            Both pal.

Of all people, him having the temerity to post that just beggars belief.
            Oh look Jedi Vadar here to support his favourite boxer in the whole world Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              it still wouldn't matter because in the heat of the moment you can say anything (it's a fight) especially when networks, media is pressuring for a rematch. after A fight can say anything.......over the course of time when you sit down and think it out you have a better mind. you're more logical. (that has nothing to do with ducking) this is pre school stuff...........

and getting back to the fact, lewis is at the tale end of his career anyway.....so it wouldn't matter ether way for me because i see A fighter regardless who's at the end.
              Yeah, I wouldn't put much Stock in a post fight interview, but when you keep repeating it over and over before finally deciding to retire, it leaves a sour taste. Now I can understand Lewis retiring. He had earned that right, but the dragging out of the decision and making promises he wouldn't keep doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Except resume is one of the best ways to determine how good a fighter is.

Yes, Vitali has all those numbers, which look nice on paper, but look at the opposition he's faced. He let his brother fight most of the top contenders. Wlad fought Haye, Povetkin, Thompson, etc. Not Vitali.

Lewis, on the other hand, fought the top fighters of his era. He beat Holyfield, Morrison, Golota, Bruno, Ruddock, Briggs, and Tua.
                Vitali has fought everyone they put in front of him... he's fought the best & he's fought some of the worst.. when one beats long term heavyweight title holders such as Byrd & Lewis to the tune of 12 rds to 3... it's safe to say he will hold his OWN against anyone.. so using the weak comp card is simply weak... just because one hasn't fought a particular fighter does NOT mean he doesn't handle them easily.. it especially applies here.

Vitali has fought 47 different fighters & NOT one of them has ever won 3 rds against him in a fight.... THERE IS NO OTHER LEGIT CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF BOXING that can claim this as a fact.

I don't care how weak any of his 47 opponents have been... if NONE of them have never been able to throw or land more punches than him & win a measly 3 rds.. then it's safe to say he was dong something terribly right.

Vitali has 5 CRUCIAL heavyweight attributes that no other heavyweight champion can claim & this is why he's MORE likely to win in a head to head matchup over anyone barring injuries & cuts.

1) Size & Strength.... simply put he's the most skilled & dominant 6ft 8 & ABOVE fighter who's ever lived... so right off the bat... he's got the height & size advantages & he obviously has power to go along with it.. so even here he had the advantage over Lennox Lewis.

2)He throws punches in bunches & has the highest discrepancy of landed punches vs landed on him for any heavyweight champion ever.

3)He's won the MOST percentage of rds fought in the ENTIRE history of HEAVYWEIGHT boxing close to 95%

4) He's stopped his opposition at the highest rate ever for a champion.. (Briggs non ko was a robbery for all you Marciano fans)

5) Has never been on the canvas.

Take all this in unison & you CAN'T not list him as a betting favorite before a bout over any boxer that's ever lived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Lennox was only 36/37 at the time of the fight if he is out of his prime then that is his fault and proves that he isn't as great an athlete as some claim he is.
                  Plus like alot of boxing experts claim Lennox reached his prime in his later years so either Lennox only had 4/5 years of his prime in his career or people are making excuses for him.
                  he fought a young mercer, fought holyfield, bruno, tua, prime briggs, McCall, morrison, Ruddock, tony tucker. tyson & vitali.

thats a tough set of guys (with such comp you are OLD at 37) if you have a weaker set of opponents you can last longer............tougher comp equals shorter career. weaker comp = longer career...........

next...............

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    he fought a young mercer, fought holyfield, bruno, tua, prime briggs, McCall, morrison, Ruddock, tony tucker. tyson & vitali.

thats a tough set of guys (with such comp you are OLD at 37) if you have a weaker set of opponents you can last longer............tougher comp equals shorter career. weaker comp = longer career...........

next...............
                    Archie Moore, George Foreman?

Comment

• meant middle mercer..............not prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X