No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    What are the chances that he will be 100%? I think pretty slim.
    You're right. What I really mean is 100%, or thereabouts...close enough. Even Miguel might not show up 100%. The point is that a reasonably healthy Martinez wins this fight. At least, that's what I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      No, Chavez doesn't come close to Cotto's skills and overall quality. Yes, Miguel has faced better P4P comp than Sergio has. But I don't think any of that matters. What matters is that Cotto's best days were at 147, and Martinez is the legitimate middleweight champion. What matters is that Sergio is comparably as good on a P4P basis as Miguel, but he's bigger, faster and stronger. It also matters how healthy Martinez ultimately is. If "Maravilla" is 100% tonight, Cotto does not see the final bell.
      A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent 12 rounds and strugle at times with Kermit Cintron a guy who cant take the shots Cotto can and is not even close in terms of skils.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez lost to Paul Williams who a year before that got taken to school by Carlos Quintana a guy MR Cotto raped and made his *****.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent life and death with guys like Barker(Got KTFO by soft Punching Sturm) and Macklin(Got KO by The GREAT JAMIE MOORE) for the major part of his tenure as a prime fighter.

This 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez you talk about so much was very good but not great. He was a solid 154 pounder that became the lineal champ at 160 in an era where that division was **** and dominated by average euro fighters. He aint this dominating monster with huge power punching you make him out to be.

Comment

• The size is my concern but is Sergio going to use that size? He is a guys that likes to move around not pressure his opponents. And if he presures with his hands down he is sure to get cought by something big coming from Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent 12 rounds and strugle at times with Kermit Cintron a guy who cant take the shots Cotto can and is not even close in terms of skils.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez lost to Paul Williams who a year before that got taken to school by Carlos Quintana a guy MR Cotto raped and made his *****.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent life and death with guys like Barker(Got KTFO by soft Punching Sturm) and Macklin(Got KO by The GREAT JAMIE MOORE) for the major part of his tenure as a prime fighter.

This 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez you talk about so much was very good but not great. He was a solid 154 pounder that became the lineal champ at 160 in an era where that division was **** and dominated by average euro fighters. He aint this dominating monster with huge power punching you make him out to be.
          No, prime Sergio knocked Cintron out. You can't just pretend that didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            No, prime Sergio knocked Cintron out. You can't just pretend that didn't happen.
            Yes but after that happen Sergio still had plenty of time to KO him and what did Cintron do? well he adjusted and fought a competitive fight after the "KO". Who I think won? martinez but the fact is he strugle against a weak minded fighter coming of getting beat down.

Comment

I'm sorry if that's what you understood. I'm not saying Sergio is a "dominating monster with huge power." I'm saying he's bigger, faster and stronger than Cotto. Disagree? Okay.

Sure, Martinez has had some problems in the past, but he's overcome them, hasn't he? Isn't that what champions do? His first of only two loses came against Margarito at 147. That was fourteen years ago, when Sergio had only two years experience as a professional fighter. His next loss is highly debatable. Martinez lost a controversial decision to P Will, whom everyone considered a top fighter at 154. "Maravilla" closed the sequel early with a KO for the ages.

We can go back and forth, putting each fighter's resume under a microscope. It really isn't the point, as far as I'm concerned. The way I see it, it's very simple. We're comparing the middleweight king to a fighter who's moving into the division for the first time, a fighter whose best weight was 147, and wasn't as impressive at 154. Now he's supposed to improve at 160? I'd be very happy to make a straight-up cash bet with you if I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Did you notice how Martinez WASN"T wearing a knee brace at the weigh in yesterday? Like he said, it's a precautionary measure recommended by the doctor. You, Roach, Cotto, and just about everyone else will be sorely disappointed when that knee is perfectly fine and the schit hits the fan. People should put trust in skills to win fights, not the hope that the opponent is less than 100%

Tomorrow will be a day filed with enjoyable reads on here for sure.
                I also put trust in Martinez's toughness. As long as his knee doesn't completely give out on him, i think he'll be fine. He doesn't need to move much tonight anyway imo, just keep Cotto on the outside with his reach. If he gets too close, fight him off or clinch him. Martinez showed against Chavez that he isn't clueless on the inside.

I'm interested in seeing how Sergio adjusts to the fact that he's fighting someone shorter than him. He's become accustomed to fighting guys his height or taller, so that presents a challenge when throwing to the body or fighting on the inside.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 06-07-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Who ready to watch Cotto get hit with a left hand and realize its a whole different ball game at MW

Comment

Yeah because beating the likes of Yuri the one legged Hebrew Foreman, Old ass Shane Mosley, and other mediocre fighters is going to gives this hypejob a chance at beating Martinez LOL GTFO

I'm gonna laugh at your ******ed ass when Martinez knocks this faggot out

Comment

• This fight all really depends on what sort of shape Sergio's knee is in. If he can use movement, Cotto won't touch him all night. This will be a repeat of the Chavez Jr. match.

Sergio doesn't have to stand toe-to-toe with Cotto, and that's realistically Cotto's only chance of beating him. Sergio is too big, too athletic, and too good of a boxer for Cotto.

Cotto's only prayer is if he can goad Martinez into a brawl, which in all likelihood, just isn't going to happen.

Martinez by TKO or decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X