Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if Sergio goes toe to toe with cotton he still wins

Comment

• Originally posted by $coinblatt$ View Post
      Yeah because beating the likes of Yuri the one legged Hebrew Foreman, Old ass Shane Mosley, and other mediocre fighters is going to gives this hypejob a chance at beating Martinez LOL GTFO

I'm gonna laugh at your ******ed ass when Martinez knocks this faggot out
      Same one that KTFO Bricks

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent 12 rounds and strugle at times with Kermit Cintron a guy who cant take the shots Cotto can and is not even close in terms of skils.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez lost to Paul Williams who a year before that got taken to school by Carlos Quintana a guy MR Cotto raped and made his *****.

A 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez whent life and death with guys like Barker(Got KTFO by soft Punching Sturm) and Macklin(Got KO by The GREAT JAMIE MOORE) for the major part of his tenure as a prime fighter.

This 100% "Prime" Sergio Martinez you talk about so much was very good but not great. He was a solid 154 pounder that became the lineal champ at 160 in an era where that division was **** and dominated by average euro fighters. He aint this dominating monster with huge power punching you make him out to be.
        He's not the monster he's being made out to be. He's an elite MW with a style that relies on athleticism, timing, and being more skilled than his opponent. He won't have that luxury this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by $coinblatt$ View Post
          Yeah because beating the likes of Yuri the one legged Hebrew Foreman, Old ass Shane Mosley, and other mediocre fighters is going to gives this hypejob a chance at beating Martinez LOL GTFO

I'm gonna laugh at your ******ed ass when Martinez knocks this faggot out
          I will humiliate you viciously after the fight. You are nothing but a clueless clown and you'll get the certificate tomorrow morning.

That same Mosley... destroyed Margarito and rocked Mayweather twice 3 years later.

You will look like the ****** tonight, batty boy.

Comment

• I'd like to see Cotto win but I can only see a Martinez stoppage, too big , good boxer, uses angles and has power to KTFO .

Cotto is never to be counter out though....

Comment

• Miguel Cotto needs to come out early and make Martinez come to him and chase him down. Make him move and be the aggressor. Sergio is never comfortable coming forward and having to force the fight. That showed against a very limited fighter in Matthew Macklin, who by simply making Sergio attack, made him look awkward and had some viewing the fight as even through 4.

Cotto needs to maintain his rhythm by throwing his jab consistently, to the body and head. Time Sergio's head movements and attack the body, something he can't lean away with. Don't load up, but stay busy with your punches because Sergio can be outworked, something that is overlooked in the build-up IMO. He always has that mid-round fade where he struggles before he comes back to get the win in the championship rounds.

I keep hearing how Cotto needs press Sergio and attack him, why? Cotto is the more skilled boxer in the matchup, just with the more orthodox style. Sergio is more awkward with his unusual hands down style, but I believe that is being mistaken as most as being more skilled. Cotto's has solid fundamentals, rooted as Roach keeps saying, from the majority of his life in the sport.

Also constantly being brought up is how shit Cotto's resume is, so he couldn't possibly beat Sergio. Let's take look at this resume that's so much better than Cotto's. He KOed Cintron, an okay fighter with power, but when the ref messed up and it continued, Cintron made Martinez look normal. The first fight with Paul Williams was Martinez's rise to stardom and I had him winning the first one with PW, as was his great 2nd rd KO in the rematch. However, Paul Williams has and seems always will be, grossly overrated by some. He's a good fighter, but his long arms and high activity made some so excited, such as Max K., that his technical flaws, such as slapping with his punches and giving up his great reach advantages, were ignored. Kelly Pavlik's two greatest wins were the wins over Taylor and I guess when he beat Miranda? Perhaps the great staredown master himself, Gary Lockett? Pavlik was an incredibly basic guy and the only adjustment he could make was to Double the Fucking jab! Serhiy Dzinziruk was an okay win, same level as Cotto's over Yuri Foreman. Darren Barker proved something against Daniel Geale that he was more the guy that trouble Sergio for a bit, but Darren Barker on his best day isn't near Miguel Cotto's level and it's not even close. Matthew Macklin got robbed against Strum in his fight before, but he actually looked decent early against Sergio. He ultimately wasn't good enough to win, but Macklin is top 10 contender who can't seem to beat too many others in the top 10. Chavez Jr., who trained on Fruit Loops and waking up in the afternoon, was not in the condition to beat Sergio, even with the massive weight advantage. That's all Junior had in that fight was size. Yet he STILL dropped Sergio and hurt him badly in the 12th round. Chavez Jr. was bloated, out of shape, slow, wide punching, blocking punches with his face, hands at his waist and he actually almost pulled it off. Then he goes home to face Martin Murray, a fight I had Martinez winning, but where he clearly was suffering from age and injuries, something that you don't come back 100% from at this point. Martinez wasn't very effective at doing clean work on Murray, more outworking him as Murray stayed shelled up the majority of the fight. When Murray did throw, he landed hard and clean on Sergio's chin repeatedly, dropping him two times. Sergio's resume is very good, but Cotto's is better and the fact that people bring up Sergio's past opponents as reasons why Sergio wins is funny to me Cotto is more skilled than any of these fighters listed for Sergio's best wins.

This fight will prove what I've said since the day I came on this site, Cotto IS an ELITE fighter. He is P4P level. Finally he'll get his moment. I hope Martinez's knee sleeve is adequate and there is no crying after. No complaining, " He was old, he was injured, he was overrated, etc." KING Cotto is going to clearly beat the MW champion of the world in front of his people at the greatest arena in the world.

Comment

• DAMN!!!! I can't wait for this fight, I'm at work right now, I'm suppose to work a 12 hr shift from noon to midnight, but F**k That ****, got somebody to come in for me at 6 so I can go home and get ready for my fight party. It's all about dedication

WAR MARAVILLA!!!!!!

Comment

• El angel, what's the best way to test Sergio's legs?

Comment

• I wonder how many low blows Cotto is gonna give Martinez out of desperation? Anybody care to make a guess

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      El angel, what's the best way to test Sergio's legs?
                      Low blows, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X