No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    He's not the monster he's being made out to be. He's an elite MW with a style that relies on athleticism, timing, and being more skilled than his opponent. He won't have that luxury this evening.
    What? Sergio is easily more athletic, has better timing, and is more skilled than Cotto. I really don't see what you're getting at here. Cotto is getting his ass kicked. I hate to break it to you.

Comment

• Cotto is going to F*** sergayo cúntinez up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        El angel, what's the best way to test Sergio's legs?
        To make Sergio attack him and lead him around the ring a bit. Keep him at bay with a stiff jab up and down.

Comment

• How many hours have we got folks?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded
            What makes people think Cotto can win exchanging with Martinez? They say getting Martinez into a brawl is his only chance, but a brawl favors the bigger, stronger, harder hitting, more durable fighter.
            No it doesn't. Martinez gets his power from straight shots, and his occassionaly hook. The problem is, even with is hook when is the last time you saw Martinez fight well on the inside? There is a reason he is always trying to keep his distance because the power from his shots are length. If Cotto keeps it on the inside his power will be MUCH better than Sergio's because he has the shorter arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded
              Cotto's going to clearly beat Martinez? If Cotto was anywhere near as skilled as his supporters make him out to be, he wouldn't have been outboxed by Austin Trout. And Trout, who is not good at all on the front foot, was getting to Cotto on the front foot in the 11th and 12th rounds.
              Completely different circumstances... that was the second worse Cotto I've ever seen. The only one I think was in worse condition was when Cotto faced Manny. Cotto had just given Mayweather his toughest fight (by Floyds own admission) and then was facing an unknown in Austin Trout. He was not "up" for that fight, Roy Jones nailed it perfectly after the Cotto/Rodriguez fight with his analysis on that. Secondly, Cotto was not well trained at all for that fight whether it was his fault or his trainer. The guy at the end of the day had virtually no pro experience and trained for 4 round fights 20 years of his career. Cotto lost, I'm not denying that but the Cotto would fought Trout is not going to show up. Just look at how bloated Cotto looked in that fight compared to just the weigh in from yesterday, it's like night and day, and it was only 1 pound difference.

Comment

• I think this fight will be tougher than I first thought, Martinez's knees look shot and he was limping in 24/7.

I think he still wins by stoppage though

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  To make Sergio attack him and lead him around the ring a bit. Keep him at bay with a stiff jab up and down.
                  so cotto should fight like mayweather does?

Comment

• martinez career:

lucky punch vs overrated williams
                    life and death robbery over euro bum murray
                    look like trash vs euro bum macklin
                    ass beat by bum cintron
                    life and death vs alcoholic who training camp was in rehab
                    destructed by slow bum margarito
                    almost destructed by slow pothead bum jr
                    duck the good boy @ 160 to call out small LMW

"P4P legen'D

Comment

• Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                      martinez career:

lucky punch vs overrated williams
                      life and death robbery over euro bum murray
                      look like trash vs euro bum macklin
                      ass beat by bum cintron
                      life and death vs alcoholic who training camp was in rehab
                      destructed by slow bum margarito
                      almost destructed by slow pothead bum jr
                      duck the good boy @ 160 to call out small LMW

"P4P legen'D

looooool

Comment

Working...
                      X