Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. on Devin Haney: 'I Don't Know Who's Going to Beat Him Right Now'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
    An old 130 lbr already did. Turned him into bobble head.
    Haney still stood toe to toe with him and kicked his ass. He had Loma afraid of throwing punches; Which is why Vasiliy only fought in spurts.

I grant you that he landed the cleaner head shots but he just didn't land enough of them in order to take the titles away from the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

i saw Roy Jones, where is HANEY???
      I never said hankey you fvkcing idiot nor was the guy I was replying too

Comment

I really think people are missing the boat on Haney. He's changed considerably and people don't seem to notice. He is laying down on his punches more and has more power. If you look at his training videos you can see it the way he's hitting the bag and then of course when he beat lugeru.

The guy is still young but he's got his man strength we're going to see an elevated fighter from even when he fought Loma. I still think he's beatable. I think pitbull Cruz could beat him at 135 and maybe at 140 a well. Haney's kryptonite is not the big punchers no no no! It is the pressure fighters. The only legit pressure guy is Cruz.

champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I think that Haney vs Teofimo would be a really interesting fight. Assuming that the right Teofimo shows up on the night. You never know with him. I'm not particularly a fan of Haneys style but there's no denying that he's extremely talented, extremely hard working, focused, and approaches boxing with the utmost professionalism. You don't have to like him but he's more than worthy of immense respect.
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

funny i mean haney was quite likely 2 divisions bigger than loma on the night & still went life and death and could have lost, how would haney do if he had to take on a guy 2 divisions bigger than him on the night for example, not so good i would say & his dad wanted him crowned as p4p no1 after the fight too lol, funny stuff

Comment

Haney isn’t my favorite boxer. That said, he did have the balls to get in there with Loma, UNLIKE 5 years older tank.
              It was a close fight regardless who you think won. That itself says how good Haney is.
              Also I’d like to say I enjoy watching Teo fight but he has proven he has problems with boxers. He’s also NOT improving.
              Haney seems to improve each time out. That’s important in boxing. I won’t even mention Garcia or tank. It would be a waste of time.
              Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 04-19-2024, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Wow. haney just goes away with close decision against Lomachenko, 2 divisions smaller man, and now is he unbeatable.
                Haney was weight drained making 135 lbs by that point.

He looks much healthier and stronger at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  I really think people are missing the boat on Haney. He's changed considerably and people don't seem to notice. He is laying down on his punches more and has more power. If you look at his training videos you can see it the way he's hitting the bag and then of course when he beat lugeru.

The guy is still young but he's got his man strength we're going to see an elevated fighter from even when he fought Loma. I still think he's beatable. I think pitbull Cruz could beat him at 135 and maybe at 140 a well. Haney's kryptonite is not the big punchers no no no! It is the pressure fighters. The only legit pressure guy is Cruz.
                  Does this mean you don't rate Matias as a pressure fighter? He seems like he can scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Haney was weight drained making 135 lbs by that point.

He looks much healthier and stronger at 140.
                    wow shakur really really missed a beat so

didnt haney offer shakur a fight for undisputed after the loma fight

he would have been a sitting duck by that stage i presume barely able to make it to the ring possibly

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

wow shakur really really missed a beat so

didnt haney offer shakur a fight for undisputed after the loma fight

he would have been a sitting duck by that stage i presume barely able to make it to the ring possibly
                      Yes, he absolutely did. Not just once but twice and Shakur still turned both offers down.
                      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X