Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. on Devin Haney: 'I Don't Know Who's Going to Beat Him Right Now'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

And yet looking back the writing was on the wall, they fought 6 times so they knew each other completely not only in styles but as a challenger testing the inner core, so there was no respect between them Ryan knew Haney has no power, add the pressure on Haney to deliver some power and then the icing on top was Ryan being big to match Haneys rehydration and the scene is set, look how Haney came out, all wrong for him and Ryan just walked in and bombed, Haney was caught and hurt and then its game over, Haney is pure defence he has no other way so any type of firefight with a guy of his size that can punch and he is in deep water, Ryan was open and I think what he got away with here was because of all of the above emotion a big factor in both guys performances, great for boxing and very entertaining but I think both will be beat again fairly soon.
    yes good assessment there

Leave a comment:

• Roadblock
    replied
    Originally posted by Smash View Post
    the haney hype train has well and truly been derailed, we thought maybe ryan might suffer a train wreak but it turns out to be the exact opposite, not even the great roy got this one right
    And yet looking back the writing was on the wall, they fought 6 times so they knew each other completely not only in styles but as a challenger testing the inner core, so there was no respect between them Ryan knew Haney has no power, add the pressure on Haney to deliver some power and then the icing on top was Ryan being big to match Haneys rehydration and the scene is set, look how Haney came out, all wrong for him and Ryan just walked in and bombed, Haney was caught and hurt and then its game over, Haney is pure defence he has no other way so any type of firefight with a guy of his size that can punch and he is in deep water, Ryan was open and I think what he got away with here was because of all of the above emotion a big factor in both guys performances, great for boxing and very entertaining but I think both will be beat again fairly soon.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 04-24-2024, 07:03 PM.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Leave a comment:

• messi807
    replied
    Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Lmfao your atg was wrong af
    it's one thing to say hankey would beat cryan but saying what he said is laughable lmao

Too much brain damage and steroids for roid Jones to think right.

Black hope got exposed by a mental case
    AND that mental case got broken by Tank ahahaha.

I admit I was wrong. Tank would’ve k1lled Haney just like he did Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    the haney hype train has well and truly been derailed, we thought maybe ryan might suffer a train wreak but it turns out to be the exact opposite, not even the great roy got this one right

Leave a comment:

• boxingitis
    replied
    Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

So how are you calling the fight? Garcia win? And who would Devin have to beat to get your recognition? Curious as you sound like you default hate him without logic.

I reckon Devin is going to get plenty of knockouts now he is closer to his natural weight (prob 1 or 2 divisions higher even). Interested to see if posters who **** on him come back to admit they were wrong but not holding my breath. But no doubt will come back and say he was juiced or fighter was injured etc etc.

No issues w hating a fighter - at least tell the truth. Even as a Haney supporter i can admit he lost to Loma. As another poster said - Roy Jones, Tim Bradley and many others regard Devin as top prospect in division - slightly more qualified than some on this forum.
    You must feel ****** now.

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    the face of boxing got beat by the ass of boxing who now becomes the face of boxing and guess who becomes the ass of boxing?

Leave a comment:

• djtmal
    replied
    You got any excuses tonight Roy

Leave a comment:

• Teetotaler69
    replied
    Originally posted by messi807 View Post

I meannnnn.. I'd rather listen to an ATG than a dude on boxingscene that doesn't know how to score fights
    Lmfao your atg was wrong af
    it's one thing to say hankey would beat cryan but saying what he said is laughable lmao

Too much brain damage and steroids for roid Jones to think right.

Black hope got exposed by a mental case

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

I have mentioned before that both Haney & Shakur will be very hard to beat .But an elite pressure fighter w/ a unconventional style beats him , insert: Subriel Matias he has the best conditioning and power @140 and he is coming for your heart .
    I agree. Haney tends to depend on setting up very technically. If you think about it look at what happened when Floyd fought guys who could apply pressure really well. He often had problems.

If you really want to go back look at Ray Robinson and how LaMotta managed to beat him.

Haney will have to grow quick!
    Last edited by billeau2; 04-19-2024, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brother Mouzone
    replied
    Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    . Haney's kryptonite is not the big punchers no no no! It is the pressure fighters. .
    I have mentioned before that both Haney & Shakur will be very hard to beat .But an elite pressure fighter w/ a unconventional style beats him , insert: Subriel Matias he has the best conditioning and power @140 and he is coming for your heart .
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X