Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Hints at Rift With Errol Spence Jr., Focuses on Other Charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

but spence was seen as a killer ever since those fights up until losing to TC!!! so if spence was that bad since the brook fight then why was spence seen as a killer on here???? dont act like fans on here wasnt hyping spence up until the loss to TC.... spence was held to such a high standard on here, looked at as a killer, etc... there was never any mention of how bad spence looks against brook, porter, ugas, etc.... now after the loss to TC, ya saying spence has been looking bad since the brook fight? where was any mention of this on here??? can you bump those post up?
    You're exaggerating my point. I didn't say that Spence was a bum that just that he made the same mistakes from fight to fight and that it caught up with him vs Crawford.

Derrick James's job was to help mitigate those mistakes and help Errol grow as a fighter. He didn't. He thought he could come in with the same ol gameplan and that would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The first L casualty is often the trainer so not surprised. Since it's so late in Errol's career it usually less likely but not unheard of.
      Breadman said the most thankless job in boxing is the trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I'd like to get your thoughts on this? Is is time for Shakur to leave Top Rank?

Shakur Stevenson’s Rumored Opponents: Abdullaev And Harutyunyan
        By Tim Compton - 03/27/2024​

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...tyunyan/276029
        Shakur has been saying he wanted to test his free market value so I'm not surprised TR isn't letting him go out on a high note. Or is trying to keep the offers he gets down cuz he almost for sure has a matching rights clause with his TR deal that will probably keep him at TR unless this relationship is truly broken & TR declines to match his best offer.

This is why anyone with name value to do 500k+ gate or is doing PPV's on the reg shouldn't be signing anything other than a multi fight (3 fight max) deal. If Shakur does get loose he shouldn't do a long term deal with whoever he signs with & I think hes intelligent enough to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Breadman said the most thankless job in boxing is the trainer.
          Idk that I'd disagree with him.

I would say they have the least on the line to tho so it makes sense. Boxers are in the ring risking everything. Promoters are taking on the financial risk. The trainer is just getting one of likely many of his boxers ready for one fight & hes not risking a dollar or his health.
          Idunnoshet Idunnoshet likes this.

Comment

derrick: errol get back on the horse and do a rematch with bud right away, best option
            errol: huh

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              derrick: errol get back on the horse and do a rematch with bud right away, best option
              errol: huh
              Was never in the plans , the rematch that is
              And now the whispers of him getting Tazoo
              The PBC trademark of freezing Bud out
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

TBF BlackRobb is on record multiple times saying that Crawford was going to knock Spence out before the fight.

He was one of the people who agreed with me that Spence was really overhyped. I questioned why Spence was considered P4P multiple times. Figure it's solely because he was fighting at 147 and the westerners making the lists are biased towards the division that housed some of the greats. Heavyweights and welterweights tend to be P4P more frequently than other divisions. Often comes down to where the hype is, not really who has actually achieved more or who has the skills.
                I picked Crawford by KO too, but it doesn’t change the fact that it was perceived as a 50/50 fight by every major sports book and the vast majority of boxing journalists.

Spence is a truly elite fighter, quality amateur pedigree, obvious skills and a strong resume to back it up. Smashed Kell Brook on the road in the UK, smashed Lamont Peterson, won a hard fought decision over Shawn Porter, one sided decision win against Danny Garcia, smashed Yordenis Ugas, all of which we’re top 10, if not top 5 ranked guys. All of which former or current World Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

TC was winning on all three scorecards: https://boxrec.com/en/scoring/2722519

It was a close fight though. TC is fortunate that BoMac told him he was behind.
                  I've just realised i clicked on the Porter vs Spence cards by mistake on Boxrec. You're right, they had Crawford ahead. Although not by the scores Rob claimed. Yeah, my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwiza View Post

Judge Max Deluca had it 6-3 Crawford. Google “Crawford Porter Scorecards” for a link right here on Boxingscene. Every judge had Bud winning through nine frames. Crawford’s corner told him “THEY say Porter is up.” Crawford was dumbfounded. HOW? Bud stepped on the gas.

I wasn’t scoring. I was there at Mandalay Bay. 6-3 in Crawford’s favor was accurate. Porter himself says that he never felt once that he made Bud uncomfortable. And Porter most definitely did not head butt, punch in the balls, or otherwise anger TC.
                    Yeah, i was looking at the cards for Porter vs Spence by mistake. But i did have Porter winning by 3 after 9 on my card. Crawford wasn't doing anything for him to be ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

"Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld had identical scorecards, both adjudging Crawford to be winning at the end of the ninth round with a score of 86-85. Max De Luca had also had Crawford leading, but with a score of 87-84."

You are clearly trolling. No same person with two eyes and a functional brain had Porter leading after nine rounds. Crawford landed more total punches in five of the nine rounds and was picking up steam as the rounds wore on.

You were the same azz clown who had Dogboe getting "robbed" against Ramirez, remember?
                      I clicked on the wrong fight cards. I had Porter vs Spence up instead of Porter vs Crawford. My mistake. But yes, i did have it 6/3 to Porter after 9 completed rounds. Crawford wasn't doing anything. What rounds did you have Crawford winning?

I have the actual punch stats for Ramirez vs Dogboe. I counted the scoring punches. Not one round in the first half did Ramirez out-land Dogboe. It was clearly the other way. I'd be only too happy to go over the fight with you and prove my case. But we both know you're not going to. That's good enough for me in proving my point.

Comment

Working...
                      X