Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Hints at Rift With Errol Spence Jr., Focuses on Other Charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

a trainer can only do so much... it's up to the fighter to go out and execute it. the trainer doesnt fight for the fighter. when a fighter is clearly better than his opponent, then there is nothing a trainer can do or help his opponent that will change anything.
    Derrick said that Joshua and Martin are the only two that listen.

When they "listened", they looked like crap even in victory.

What I'm saying is, if we're only caring about the W, so be it. But you can't credit the trainer for that any more than you criticize the trainer for the L. That's still on the fighter and what they think they can do.

Porter said on a show that he was effective against Crawford because he chose to switch it up - which is what caused BoMac to light a fire under Crawford. At that point, Porter needed the support of his trainer to say, "good job, now let's adjust and do this" and he didn't get it. He got a triggered Kenny who tossed a towel instead of supporting him.

Remember "Uncle" Roger Mayweather? His corner advice to Floyd was basically, "Keep doing what you doing!" and Floyd kept smoking guys. The moment he's trained by his dad, he starts looking like crap.

So I'm agreeing with you, it's the fighter executing, BUT you also have to look at what negative impact the trainer might be having. A lack of focused instruction, too much noise, etc. can be detrimental.

Reminds me of Matias/Ponce with Ponce - a natural boxer puncher - having his corner tell him to go out there and go to war with a guy who's killed someone in the ring.

Sometimes, the trainer can be the problem. That's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Nearly every major bookmaker and sports book did.

I picked Crawford personally, but the general consensus was 50/50 fight.
      That's laughable. No same person, pundit or fan, ever believed this was a 50/50 fight. Nothing in Errol's arsenal indicated he was on Bud's level. I'm just mad I couldn't find more suckers to bet.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwiza View Post

Crawford started fight week at -190 most places. Late in the week the odds tightened. Crawford was only -140 by the weigh in. People couldn’t see their way through the smear campaign against Crawford. The internet would have you believe mean machine knocked Bud down, that Porter was damaged goods when they met, that Crawford never wanted the Spence fight. Just one ridiculous lie after another. In a world without social media Crawford would have been a 3-1 favorite.
        At least a 3:1 favorite. Even the hot dog vendor could see that Bud was several levels above Spence. I was even saying it back in 2018 when Keef was spouting his "Get a belt first" nonsense.

The hip hop boxing fans hate Bud because he's disciplined, dedicated to his craft and goes home to his wife and kids. Most of these brothas who hate him can't even be trusted to run down to the corner store for a container of milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
          If Spence made $25M James deserves 2.5M. Spence needs to do the right thing or James needs to take him to court in the state of Texas.
          It’s a shame when fights don’t get a base salary and then statisticians fight analysts talk chit about them

I’m a big fan of the underdogs

I hate mismatches and I don’t like crying Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Larry Hazzard had Porter up 7 rounds to 2 after 9. Both Steve Weisfeld and Rey Danseco had Crawford winning 5-4 after 9. None of the judges had it 6-3 to Crawford after 9.

My score card was 6-3 Porter after 9. Even Crawford's corner told him he was behind. And he was. He barely did anything. He mostly looked at Porter while shifting his feet thinking it was some good stuff. It wasn't. He was definitely losing that after 9 completed rounds. Porter was too busy and landing nearly all the scoring shots.
            "Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld had identical scorecards, both adjudging Crawford to be winning at the end of the ninth round with a score of 86-85. Max De Luca had also had Crawford leading, but with a score of 87-84."

You are clearly trolling. No same person with two eyes and a functional brain had Porter leading after nine rounds. Crawford landed more total punches in five of the nine rounds and was picking up steam as the rounds wore on.

You were the same azz clown who had Dogboe getting "robbed" against Ramirez, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

It’s not social media.

Crawford got out jabbed by both Benavidez (on one leg) and Amir Khan.
              Crawford had his eye damn near closed from jabs by the ghost of Kell Brook.
              Crawford got two-pieced, wobbled and dropped by Kavaliauskas.
              Crawford was getting touched up by Avanesyan.
              Crawford dropped five rounds minimum to a tentative Shawn Porter.

The world saw a man who gets hit. That’s why the odds went the way they went.

Spence didn’t show up. Period. There’s simply no logical reason he should have been getting rocked off jabs from a former lightweight even if he did eventually lose. He wasn’t there on fight night. And Derrick James alluded to it.
              You clowns are still bitter about July 29th, huh? Bud has destroyed his toughest competition and remains undefeated. COPE!

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

but spence was seen as a killer ever since those fights up until losing to TC!!! so if spence was that bad since the brook fight then why was spence seen as a killer on here???? dont act like fans on here wasnt hyping spence up until the loss to TC.... spence was held to such a high standard on here, looked at as a killer, etc... there was never any mention of how bad spence looks against brook, porter, ugas, etc.... now after the loss to TC, ya saying spence has been looking bad since the brook fight? where was any mention of this on here??? can you bump those post up?
                It's called REVISIONIST HISTORY, something most fans with an unhealthy agenda have. Trying to reason with these folks is like trying to pick up an electric eel barehanded.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

That's laughable. No same person, pundit or fan, ever believed this was a 50/50 fight. Nothing in Errol's arsenal indicated he was on Bud's level. I'm just mad I couldn't find more suckers to bet.
                  Every major bookmaker had it as a pick em.

Feel free to post your bet slip where you bet your life savings on Crawford as you knew it was such a sure thing. I’ll wait…

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Every major bookmaker had it as a pick em.

Feel free to post your bet slip where you bet your life savings on Crawford as you knew it was such a sure thing. I’ll wait…
                    TBF BlackRobb is on record multiple times saying that Crawford was going to knock Spence out before the fight.

Spence doesn't have a better chin than Porter, though. The thing you don't realize is that Crawford doesn't throw caution to the wind and shoot his full load when he gets an opponent hurt. Every shot is precise, well-placed and has a purpose. Another fact is that Bud's output always goes up after Round 6. Spence won't change that. The more Errol bores in and throws, the more counterpunching opportunities he will give Crawford. Crawford is the deadliest counterpuncher in the sport. He gets foes hurt and they don't hang around for 12 rounds like Little Mikey and Danny did with Spence.

If this fight goes late, it will be Spence who is in deep waters because after a few rounds, he runs out of ideas and becomes predictable and vanilla.

Spence is very basic and static in his boxing. He's also not light on his feet. He's accurate and efficient, but his power is overrated. I have a very strong feeling Crawford will stop him late. Boots Ennis will present more severe problems for Bud than Spence will.
                    He was one of the people who agreed with me that Spence was really overhyped. I questioned why Spence was considered P4P multiple times. Figure it's solely because he was fighting at 147 and the westerners making the lists are biased towards the division that housed some of the greats. Heavyweights and welterweights tend to be P4P more frequently than other divisions. Often comes down to where the hype is, not really who has actually achieved more or who has the skills.
                    BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

TBF BlackRobb is on record multiple times saying that Crawford was going to knock Spence out before the fight.

He was one of the people who agreed with me that Spence was really overhyped. I questioned why Spence was considered P4P multiple times. Figure it's solely because he was fighting at 147 and the westerners making the lists are biased towards the division that housed some of the greats. Heavyweights and welterweights tend to be P4P more frequently than other divisions. Often comes down to where the hype is, not really who has actually achieved more or who has the skills.
                      A ton of people believed Crawford was the better fighter, and many of us predicted a one-sided victory for Bud, but that doesn't change the fact that the overwhelming majority of fans considered it a competitive or even a pick 'em fight going in. They may not post about it much these days, but there were just as many hardcore fans on this and other forums who picked Spence to win. Vegas gave the edge only slightly to Bud

Comment

Working...
                      X