Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Hints at Rift With Errol Spence Jr., Focuses on Other Charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derrick James Hints at Rift With Errol Spence Jr., Focuses on Other Charges

Derrick James has a lot on his plate at the moment, opening with how best to rein in an apparently distracted Ryan Garcia and closing with what appears to be a looming split with his best-known fighter, former three-belt welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. In a "Cigar Talk" interview posted on YouTube with host Naji, James revealed the extent of the strain between he and Spence, who was knocked down three times and stopped in the ninth round by then-undisputed welterweight champion Terence Crawford in July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

James’ ego is getting in the way I think. During the Crawford-Spence build up you could see he craved the limelight, BoMac even called him out on it.

Also, I think Spence is struggling to accept what happened July 29th last year, it’s hard to accept somebody is that much better than you, especially when you were seen as equals prior to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      James’ ego is getting in the way I think. During the Crawford-Spence build up you could see he craved the limelight, BoMac even called him out on it.

Also, I think Spence is struggling to accept what happened July 29th last year, it’s hard to accept somebody is that much better than you, especially when you were seen as equals prior to the fight.
      james have been quiet imo... he's barely in the spotlight... fighters just need to man up. stop blaming the trainer. the trainer doesnt fight for you.

Comment

If Spence made $25M James deserves 2.5M. Spence needs to do the right thing or James needs to take him to court in the state of Texas.
        Zaroku Zaroku BlackRobb BlackRobb like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

james have been quiet imo... he's barely in the spotlight... fighters just need to man up. stop blaming the trainer. the trainer doesnt fight for you.
          The trainers have everything to do with getting fighters ready. Spence didn't look ready. He definitely should have given Crawford a better fight, especially since Porter was winning his fight with TC late. It may be time for a change. Some of the greatest fighters in history have made this change at trainer.
          shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

I don't know how Ryan Garcia could possibly be ready for a big fight in a month, unless there's some elaborate ruse or mind games.

Spence, I don't think he could blame James for the loss to Crawford. I don't know what their gameplan was though.

A rematch would be a terrible idea. Avoid possible brain damage, don't fight Bud again, and don't fight Ennis.
            Last edited by Liondw; 03-27-2024, 09:24 AM.
            Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post

The trainers have everything to do with getting fighters ready. Spence didn't look ready. He definitely should have given Crawford a better fight, especially since Porter was winning his fight with TC late. It may be time for a change. Some of the greatest fighters in history have made this change at trainer.
              and the trainer did that, 28 times!!!! but the moment a fighter loses once, it's the trainer's fault??? so what happened with the 28 victories that spence got?? the trainer aint got nothing to do with that? if you got 28 wins with the same trainer and then take your first L, then who's fault is that if the trainer was able to help you win 28 of your fights??!!!

Comment

Spence admitted that he wasn't "living the life," so I don't know why he would be upset with Derrick James? In regards to Ryan, Derrick needs to do his homework, because the crazy **** is getting out of hand! If Haney washes him, there will be no "plausible deniability!"

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  I don't know how Ryan Garcia could possibly be ready for a big fight in a month, unless there's some elaborate ruse or mind games.

Spence, I don't think he could blame James for the loss to Crawford. I don't know what their gameplan was though.

A rematch would be a terrible idea. Avoid possible brain damage, don't fight Bud again, and don't fight Ennis.
                  He should fight Lubin or Ramos, then Bud @ 154!

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

and the trainer did that, 28 times!!!! but the moment a fighter loses once, it's the trainer's fault??? so what happened with the 28 victories that spence got?? the trainer aint got nothing to do with that? if you got 28 wins with the same trainer and then take your first L, then who's fault is that if the trainer was able to help you win 28 of your fights??!!!
                    I didn't say it was his fault but your first comment was inferring that only the fighter is responsible and that's not the case. I do think James took the wrong approach with the hot gym all through camp. You'd be surprised to know that things that you got away with before may not work when you step up. BTW, on fight night when you saw Spence's eyes as he was being interview before the fight, did you not think he look more sleepy than usual? My casual boxing friend called me and asked "what's up with dude?" Like I said, he didn't look ready and it may be time to move on or retire. No need to take it personal unless it's your family. It's business.

Comment

Working...
                    X