No announcement yet.

Fighters who fouled and got away with it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Lennox Lewis repeatedly holding behind the head and throwing the uppercut.
    His favorite trick--posing the opponent with one hand while striking him with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Page 3 and no mention of Sandy Saddler? I am genuinely shocked.

He’d be my #1

Every fighter who holds or clinches their opponent commits fouls every fight anyway, so 99% of them.
      He is mentioned:

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

You mean the overhand rights that come down on the back of an opponent's head when they're crouched down right?

And didn't Pep and Saddler also get away with fouling each other in their fights, which is why they kept doing it? They probably thought if the other guy is going to foul me and the ref isn't going to even issue a warning, then I'll just do it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So there was a conspiracy to not disqualify Jones, and you think a punch that was clearly aimed to the side but for Hill turning into making it hit ever so slightly to the back ribs should be illegal because of what Dempsey and Wills said? With all due respect, that is ridiculous. What's next, no left hooks to the body because 1, it could hit the back, and 2, it could cause irreparable liver damage? Should punching to the head be illegal? It's caused my fighters a lifetime of damage than ANY body punch legal or illegal. This is a very provable fact.

Do you think Jones meant to throw what in your opinion was an illegal punch?
        No I did not say there was a conspiracy. Is that the only thing to took away from my effort?

I said there was a conspiracy of silence - it is a paradoxal concept where individuals all act in concert (remain silent) motivated by their self interest. A conspiracy necessitates commuication.

To repeat myself - a kidney punch or a rabbit punch is not like a punch to the face or body front. A fighter can train, condition, and learn to take such punches (and yes they do damage the body as all punches do). He can tighten his belly or roll a shot to the head. But no one can stand up to a rabbit punch or kidney punch, they are parts of the body that no matter how much one conditions, trains, or experiences, they can not make that part of the body stronger. Allowing such punches makes conditioning and training meaningless.

That the difference between a proper boxing punch and a cheap shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

"No rib was broken, but Hill's manager, Bill Sorenson, said he sustained a hairline fracture of the transverse process, a bony projection from a vertebra. Jones said he set Hill up for the punch by throwing shots at his head for the first three rounds. Apr 27, 1998"

Definition. A transverse process fracture is a break in 1 or more transverse process. These are wing-like bones on the right and left side of each vertebra in the spine.

I guess HBO got to you too. What did they do threaten to cancel your subscription?

Sliver lining: You and and Jab have something in common, you're both wrong!
          - - Roy landed a legal shot to the ribcage as proven on the video. Not unusual for fighters draining heavily over a career to deplete their bodies such that they become brittle as compressed "meat" slams into skeletal structure or just out on a training run.

Never subscribed to HBO. Never interested in paying for 100 channels I don't watch just for an occasional boxing match that cost me an additional arm and leg like the typical American drone does.

I worked with a Bill Sorenson, and he was certified bonkers.
          Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Nope. Punched him in the back. Draw an imaginary line down the side of the body from shoulder to waist. The punch was beyond the line, a punch to the back.

In 1919 Dempsey-Willard had an agreement that such a punch (was for ***** cheats with HBO long term contracts) and considered the punch a foul.

You probably have an HBO subscription which makes you part of the problem with dirty fighters.
            Wow good observation. Another idea that backs your claim up is also the way he grabs his side. Theres nothing on the left side to hurt, outside of a kidney and he’s looking like he took a kidney punch. Maybe a rib, but rib breaks don’t do that to a fighter, almost always its a wince instead and pain as the fight goes on.

I think it should have been labelled accidental foul, but don’t blame them for not seeing it.
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Pep...???

Left and right hooks to short ribs always been legal, ie the sides and front of the torso. I might add shoulders(Canelo most recently) are part of the torso. If not, remove the shoulders from the torso and what remains is flimsy.

Anywhoo, Virg with after audible resounding crack of busted short rib could not continue, so any misconstrued 5 min foul recovery time ain't gonna help him. The fight was Roy's signature victory as an all time great.

Joe Frazier famous for "pulling out kidneys" that are in the "back," but can also be reached by physical reverberations of powerful hooks.

the arms aren’t considered Torso punches, canelo was simply doing an old arm numbing trick to nullify a fast left hand. Tyson made a video telling Canelo to use his jab because Bivols jab, smoother, quicker and rangier and didn’t allow slow footed Canelo to make any head way. Canelo started hammering Bivols arm right in the thin spot below the deltoid, its an old trick and it works and hurts quite a bit because 1) its right there to be hit with full power, and 2) you are hitting a separation (not meaty) part of the arm, over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So there was a conspiracy to not disqualify Jones, and you think a punch that was clearly aimed to the side but for Hill turning into making it hit ever so slightly to the back ribs should be illegal because of what Dempsey and Wills said? With all due respect, that is ridiculous. What's next, no left hooks to the body because 1, it could hit the back, and 2, it could cause irreparable liver damage? Should punching to the head be illegal? It's caused my fighters a lifetime of damage than ANY body punch legal or illegal. This is a very provable fact.

Do you think Jones meant to throw what in your opinion was an illegal punch?

it was defintentely hard to see if it was a foul and certainly unintentional. To overturn it as a foul on the borderline after using it as a highlight reel for Jones wouldn’t be reasonable. Also, it was a shot that Jones put a lot of beef on.
                JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

My understanding was that Foreman was employing an extended guard, a very old tactic from the earliest years of gloved boxing. I know that tactic was no longer being utilized by other fighters at that time but had it actually become illegal?
                  That I don’t know, good point. But yeah he was fighting like Sandy Saddler

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

the arms aren’t considered Torso punches, canelo was simply doing an old arm numbing trick to nullify a fast left hand. Tyson made a video telling Canelo to use his jab because Bivols jab, smoother, quicker and rangier and didn’t allow slow footed Canelo to make any head way. Canelo started hammering Bivols arm right in the thin spot below the deltoid, its an old trick and it works and hurts quite a bit because 1) its right there to be hit with full power, and 2) you are hitting a separation (not meaty) part of the arm, over and over.
                    - - Shoulder unit an integral part of the torso to arm fulcrum. Bivol entire shoulder unit black and blue.

Not interested in some stupid video you need after the fact.

BALCO Marquez KOed Manny with a neck punch. U gonna say necks ain't integral fulcrum part of torsos and noggins?

Dempsey landed a legal beltline punch on Sharkey that the ref ruled legal. U gonna take that away too?

Fitz solar plex punch on Corbett not a part of the torso?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Shoulder unit an integral part of the torso to arm fulcrum. Bivol entire shoulder unit black and blue.

Not interested in some stupid video you need after the fact.

BALCO Marquez KOed Manny with a neck punch. U gonna say necks ain't integral fulcrum part of torsos and noggins?

Dempsey landed a legal beltline punch on Sharkey that the ref ruled legal. U gonna take that away too?

Fitz solar plex punch on Corbett not a part of the torso?
                      lol you make 0 defending points.

of course the solar plex is apart of the torso.
                      marquez didnt neck punch Manny and Dempsey wasnt landing on the belt line

Attached Files
                      Last edited by them_apples; 05-20-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X