Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Chin Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #71
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post

    Did he ever say what he did to get it treated?
    isnt a hell of a lot one can do. The New York Metro area has really bad asthma all over the place. Lopez has issues this way as well. There are aspects to it that can make it something that has to be dealt with when it happens as an emergency, and aspects that involve just dealing with it.

    Comment


    • #72
      Originally posted by markusmod View Post

      Did he ever say what he did to get it treated?
      - - Different physiologies require different treatment. Before the Corona I noticed for a few years before some folks were masking which is quite effective in reducing the dust and carbon fumes of modern western big cities that is the primary source of the problem

      My eldest had it and I had to pick him(10 yrs old) up at school to take to EMS per "company" Dr advice that resulted in me getting reamed out by my bully boss that led to an epic struggle between us where he was holding all the cards, but I had exposed him sufficiently to top management that I outlasted him. I missed his axing when he burst into tears screaming and had to be escorted to his new Caddy. The irony was me getting an infected wisdom tooth extracted at the dentist, and so I return with no more bothersome tooth or boss, a win/win epic day I'd say.

      Thought I mentioned that the 40ish Briggs created his own treatment that he was selling over the internet. Don't know more than that.

      Comment


      • #73
        Sounds like Chuvalo and McCall are the consensus top chins. With Ali and Louis being pretty resilient. And others saying Lewis could take some hard shots when he was prepared and ready to fight, which I guess he wasn't in his only 2 losses. Some damn fine picks there I gotta agree with I've all seen on video.
        billeau2 likes this.

        Comment


        • #74
          Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

          isnt a hell of a lot one can do. The New York Metro area has really bad asthma all over the place. Lopez has issues this way as well. There are aspects to it that can make it something that has to be dealt with when it happens as an emergency, and aspects that involve just dealing with it.
          He never seemed to have the issue ever again after that fight, even against Klitschko

          Comment


          • #75
            Originally posted by markusmod View Post

            He never seemed to have the issue ever again after that fight, even against Klitschko
            Briggs became very sparse with punches thrown... Part of it could be his build... I saw Briggs in NYC and he did not look like he does now with the physique. YOu really saw it against Lewis where he punched himself out after some spirited attacks on Lewis. When you need more oxygen it places a higher demand on asthma like conditions. Briggs seemed to just want to become a hulk but as an asthmatic this really inevitably made him more prone to possible breathing problems...the result that I see is a man who threw very few punches.
            Last edited by billeau2; 12-12-2021, 04:51 PM.

            Comment


            • #76
              Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

              Briggs became very sparse with punches thrown... Part of it could be his build... I saw Briggs in NYC and he did not look like he does now with the physique. YOu really saw it against Lewis where he punched himself out after some spirited attacks on Lewis. When you need more oxygen it places a higher demand on asthma like conditions. Briggs seemed to just want to become a hulk but as an asthmatic this really inevitably made him more prone to possible breathing problems...the result that I see is a man who threw very few punches.
              After he got popper for the juice, we never saw him fight again.

              Comment


              • #77
                GGG has never been dropped

                Comment


                • #78
                  Originally posted by them_apples View Post

                  totally, cobb had an absolutely iron beard. Good call. I'm curious when his chin failed him and what was the scenario. was he out, was he not fighting back, did he turn his back? ref stoppage? or was he sparked. sometimes a fighters others abilities fail them, not their chin - and they lose via stoppage
                  Cocaine stoppage

                  Comment


                  • #79
                    Originally posted by them_apples View Post

                    Well really a chin is simply how cushioned your brain is, wether that is because of a heavier head, a stronger neck etc etc - but at the end of the day the fighter has to see the punch coming to brace for it.

                    Trainers, I think Atlas said a good chin in his experience is mental. Some guys just won't go down.

                    in my opinion though, if you learn to take a shot (ride the shot) and in general get used to being hit more (not flush) you can develop a keener sense and rarely get caught with punches you didn't at least see coming and brace for.

                    I know its more fun to just assume a fighters chin as a statline, but really as others stated a knockout comes from the brain whiplash. So much of a fighters "good chin" comes from being able to prevent this whiplash, getting hit or not.

                    We look at Ali, and the 2 men that hurt him were 190 lbs and 205 lbs. non of the bigger stronger men hurt him at any point. The smaller faster guys caught ali and he didnt see them coming. Frazier accomplished this by getting him tired first and waiting till his reflexes dulled, Cooper was likely underestimated by Ali and caught him flush.

                    If we can all agree that Sonny Liston hits harder than Cooper I'm sure. Cooper connected better.
                    Angelo Dundee: "It's the punch you don't see coming that gets you out of there."

                    Comment


                    • #80
                      Originally posted by MikeyMike100 View Post
                      GGG has never been dropped
                      - - Nor Canelo with more fights at higher weights.
                      MikeyMike100 likes this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP