• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Anorak knows a lot about that room.
    markusmod markusmod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
      I'm surprised noone mentioned Shannon Briggs. He took flush shots from Vitali for 12 solid rounds.
      I remember he was in the hospital with numerous facial factures for days. The ref got roasted over not stopping that fight rounds sooner. That was a brutal beating.

Comment

I remember he was in the hospital with numerous facial factures for days. The ref got roasted over not stopping that fight rounds sooner. That was a brutal beating.
        - - Gonna be in vs Rampage in a Spring 22 Triad Rules Triller.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Gonna be in vs Rampage in a Spring 22 Triad Rules Triller.
          He will blow Rampage out in one

Comment

He will blow Rampage out in one
            - - Shannon the Cannon holds the record for 1st rd KOs, 37, blowing by 27 by previous title holder Jack Dempsey. Had to pay an injury settlement when he KOed a UMiami defensive tackle in a bar fight.

Comment

- - Shannon the Cannon holds the record for 1st rd KOs, 37, blowing by 27 by previous title holder Jack Dempsey. Had to pay an injury settlement when he KOed a UMiami defensive tackle in a bar fight.
              Not an impressive resume. The most impressive win is stopping Ray Mercer but that comes quite late in Mercer's career.

I almost fell for the Jimmy Ellis TKO until I clicked the name and the photo made me lol.

Ok, and of course the win over Foreman II, I guess.

But he certainly bombed out a lot of bums, fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Not an impressive resume. The most impressive win is stopping Ray Mercer but that comes quite late in Mercer's career.

I almost fell for the Jimmy Ellis TKO until I clicked the name and the photo made me lol.

I wonder what happened to those asthma issues, his excuse, when Wilson bombed him out in three.

Comment

I wonder what happened to those asthma issues, his excuse, when Wilson bombed him out in three.
                  - - Asthma is very broadbased as a physical debilitation. There was an asthmatic Olympic womens' multi gold medalist not so long ago who could testify to that. Very much like diabetes in that regard.

Comment

- - Asthma is very broadbased as a physical debilitation. There was an asthmatic Olympic womens' multi gold medalist not so long ago who could testify to that. Very much like diabetes in that regard.
                    Did he ever say what he did to get it treated?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Very talented fighter coming up... Had real skills... I think he did hve asthma that was delilitating... as Queen B says, there is a range with conditions like Asthma and Diabetes, but I think Briggs had it pretty bad. The projects where he came up in NYC has a lot of asthma issues. Its an epidemic, or at least it was.

Briggs changed later. He couldn't throw punches. You can see the change after Lewis beat him. He reinvents himself as a bigger clunkier sort of menace lol. Lool at his early fights though, he had skills, could fight!
                      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X