Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can see that Italian TV was (surprisingly) being honest in that the highlight they chose to show between rounds, which was Monzon's best punch (also the best punch of the round), so respect to them for being honest. Not normally an Italian boxing trait.

You can also see Monzon not hesitate to follow up that punch with a forearm to Benvenuti's head as well. Ah, but that's just Monzon.

I always felt that Benvenuti (I) was Monzon's toughest fight of his title fights.

Even though others did extend Monzon to the distance, only Benvenuti had Monzon at bay.

Benvenuti almost pulled the fight out in the 10th round but that was all he had left. Monzon set him up in the 11th and finished a finished Benvenuti in the 12th.

But I think the 10th round was Monzon's worse round of all his title fights. (Monzon was lesser hurt by the flash KD he suffered via Valdes.)

P.S. 'Nino Benvenuti' can be translated to 'Johnny Boy Holiday' or 'Kid Holiday.' I think that's a great fighter's nick name.
    Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 04-07-2024, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Tough one to call. Louis had perfect technique on his punches and Ali had the speed of a lightweight while Frazier was a plodder... Problem is, Louis had to be set to land those shots, and like Ali, Louis would often carry his guard low. Ali made a big mistake against Frazier because he was pressured into doing so. Louis would also make mistakes. I might give this one to Smokin Joe.
      Is it ? Louis said anyone with Marciano pressure would be his toughest fight , Frazier was basically pressure first , Skill afterwards . Louis had perfectly technical skills when not under pressure he acknowledged that himself n that time , Louis was better skilled punching wise but does that win him a stylish fight here ?

Id say no . Joe had many flaws but he was also in that I didn’t give a Shyte era , one Louis didn’t compete in ,if I wanted skills id take Louis , if I wanted to win a fight I’d take Frazier between the two .

Ultimately you want both equal and few have done that in the eras based on criteria of every fan .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-13-2024, 09:27 PM.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended

Anybody as advanced as these guys from the Louis era this was Frazier 3rd match,and do you see all the same flaws that existed in that Louis match from both fighters that existed in both these fighters?
        Each to his own I’m only going by what I see ….Louis would t handle a Frazier pressure style in his day .

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Each to his own I’m only going by what I see ….Louis would t handle a Frazier pressure style in his day .
          Anybody as advanced as these guys from the Louis era this was Frazier 3rd match,and do you see all the same flaws that existed in that Louis match from both fighters that existed in both these fighters?

So that means you lied saying punching louis was better/also lie saying how louis was perfect which he wasn't or he wouldn't had struggled meaning lost/dropped by those in his era which these guys wouldn't have

and why would you say you would want Louis skills being obsolete you would be destroyed you do know that don't you? facing these way more advanced fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

So that means you lied saying punching louis was better/also lie saying how louis was perfect which he wasn't or he wouldn't had struggled meaning lost/dropped by those in his era which these guys wouldn't have

and why would you say you would want Louis skills being obsolete you would be destroyed you do know that don't you? facing these way more advanced fighters
            Your way to emotionally involved to even decipher that . Anyone want to ask me about this match other then this kid ?
            them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Your way to emotionally involved to even decipher that . Anyone want to ask me about this match other than this kid ?
              crazy idiot cult member exposed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

So this here is fixed for you some of the speed was fixed and they upgraded it to 60 i still
                See the obsolete flaws and tech that didn't exist in the average 70s-90s fighter

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent​​​

So there's one video of proof of you're idiotic odd comment of somehow video in the reverse way of what you said still is a lie

Why do i still see those flaws and tech problems you crazy idiot oh that's right cause its the only reason they knew how to fight you idiot exposed
                “Words mean nothing to you”

you clearly didn’t read what I said. You are at war in your own head because you can’t understand anyone. CIA has a lot of simple tried and true methods to find things out about people. Always remember, when talking to someone you are at the mercy of how they interpret or decode what you are communicating. So be aware of this when arguing with people.

in this case, you are becoming furious with everyone because you can’t decode or understand what they are telling you. It’s like telling someone you bought them lunch and they respond “how, about you change the light bulb? Why are you asking me” . It makes everyones head hurt.

this is similar to a crackhead. I get crackhead energy off you.
                your brain isn’t working right.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Words mean nothing to you

you clearly didnt read what I said. You are at war in your own head because you cant understand anyone. CIA has a lot of simple tried and true methods to find things out about people. Always remember, when talking to someone you are at the mercy of how they interpret or decode what you are communicating. So be aware of this when arguing with people.

in this case, you are becoming furious with everyone because you cant decode or understand what they are telling you. Its like telling someone you bought them lunch and they respond how, about you change the light bulb? Why are you asking me . It makes everyones head hurt.

this is similar to a crackhead. I get crackhead energy off you.
                  your brain isnt working right.
                  When i watch matches even before I post i see advances,when I'm just watching anytime I see advances,if I'm speaking to a person I remember the advances,see how you always will be wrong?,you can't change my good vision no one can see how I work

That means everything you crazy idiots said to me ever erases to exist when I'm not online and I still see even without posting on this site the louis era-20s as obsolete that hurts doesn't it crazy idiot liar?

you're so slow all of you crazy idiots you don't realize even before I ever posted online ever how the Louis Era-20s as trash I saw it in private like I said

For example, a fellow cult member name will I just gave his post talking on Louis's respect he liked it, coincidence? Yet when I talk bad about Louis he counters it with nonsense, see how I'm right you crazy idiots don't like me saying no one from that era-20s was trash compared even though the video I show proves it, me saying it is wrong

But that doesn't bother you I still see them as obsolete does it it only bothers you me saying me saying it in public​​

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...0#post32227933 I made the first comment and gave respect to those guys, yet again, no one had a problem with that coincidence?

Or as I said above, you crazy cult members don't like me saying the guys from that era are trash compared.

Why did you give respect to me somewhat in that post? Why wasn't I spoken to like you are now? See how you're a cult member?,you want me to agree with you're horrible vision and being not sane like you're fellow members,I won't my vision won’t allow that
                  Last edited by Ascended; 04-14-2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Is it ? Louis said anyone with Marciano pressure would be his toughest fight , Frazier was basically pressure first , Skill afterwards . Louis had perfectly technical skills when not under pressure he acknowledged that himself n that time , Louis was better skilled punching wise but does that win him a stylish fight here ?

Id say no . Joe had many flaws but he was also in that I didn’t give a Shyte era , one Louis didn’t compete in ,if I wanted skills id take Louis , if I wanted to win a fight I’d take Frazier between the two .

Ultimately you want both equal and few have done that in the eras based on criteria of every fan .
                    Yeah I also picked Frazier above, same reasons basically: I call it the Musashi principle... Musashi beat better swordsmen because by using tactics and pressure he made their technique suffer.
                    juggernaut666 juggernaut666 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X