No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier vs Joe Louis

Boyyyyy,what a great fight this would be no matter how long it lasted.

Your thoughts and comments?

Yea tough call, not a fight I've really thought about. Louis was Frazier's idol. Hard to imagine Frazier wanting to hit him!

I could probably change my mind day to day on this one, I'd say their chins were roughly the same, maybe a slight advantage to Frazier.Louis has the advantage in speed, reach and combination punching, Frazier the advantage in one punch power (IMO) and possibly fifteen round stamina and pace.

I think Louis would get off to the better start and it wouldn't suprise me to see Frazier's face bashed up early from jabs and combinations, or even to see Frazier hit the canvas early on. I dont think Louis would keep him there though.

I think that Frazier could well come back in the middle rounds to pin Louis on the ropes and work the body. I also feel that Frazier's left hook would certainly have the power to deck Louis were he to land it often.

I'd have no hesitancy in saying that if they were to fight three times, Frazier would take one victory.............possibly by stoppage, but I just fancy that Louis's superior boxing takes him to a close decision win.

Hell, tomorrow I'll probably watch Louis vs Schmelling 1 and Louis vs Galento and declare that he wouldn't survive eleven rounds with the Frazier that fought Ali in 1971. Very tough fight to call for the impartial.

No doubt Louis nuthuggers will have him destroying Frazier as Foreman did, but Frazier honestly has a fair chance.
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Frazier had the tools to drop Louis. But Louis gets up. You have to fight a tactical battle to beat Louis, and Frazier fought 1 way and at 1 speed. Louis would figure him out and get him out of there as time went on. Louis is most likely behind on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

Two punchers,Two suspect chins.I would hate to be ringside for such a bout.Ever got cut by broken glass? It hurts

Comment

i think frazier would win because of bit better chin and technic, its more modern, both are great but i would say frazier is the winner of the fight
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

This would be one tough fight to call. It could go either way. Both have real knockout power in their punches. Louis mentioned that he had problems with swarming fighters and Frazier was the ultimate swarmer. However, if Louis could get past halfway then Louis would knock out Frazier.

Comment

I think this would be a toss-up fight.

If Frazier gets by the early rounds,he would start smokin' and wear down Joe with his body punches,and stop him in the later rounds.

Comment

Anybody as advanced as this guy not even 5th match frazier fought who existed in the louis era? The answer is no so why did idiots say louis would win,frazier even at this stage was way more advanced than the whole louis era

Comment

Frazier should give him a rougher fight than expected. I think Louis will be too much in the end though.

we have to look at it like Louis schmeling 2, the hungry version of Louis. He did have 25 title defences after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
                    This would be one tough fight to call. It could go either way. Both have real knockout power in their punches. Louis mentioned that he had problems with swarming fighters and Frazier was the ultimate swarmer. However, if Louis could get past halfway then Louis would knock out Frazier.
                    if the taller fighter is not strong enough to hold the shorter fighter off, the shorter fighter begins to have an advantage. In Foremans case he’s so strong he can push pressure fighters off of him. Ali struggled with this style, which makes sense why he struggled w Marcianos style in sparring. (In his own words). Louis is built a bit like Ali, lean up top, strong legged and athletic. Frazier with his head on Joes chest should trouble him - but Frazier is still a bit too hittable to survive Louis imo, who had a great uppercut.
                    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X